• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump to use desaster relief funds

Nous

Premium Member
I and others have nice large fences around our homes to keep out unwanted trespassers, who would get shot and killed if they tried breaking into our homes. Likewise, an effective border security barrier system would be a more humane solution for helping out illegal migrants from getting harmed or killed.

I already noted the logical fallacies that you are promoting here. See #37. Let me know if you become able to understand the fallaciousness of your attempt to justify Trump's border wall.

It really isn't difficult to understand why you don't want to answer my question about whether you oppose all acts that increase the risk of death or injury to people south of the border. I suspect that everyone here understands that concern for the lives of people from South of the border has nothing to do with your attempts to justify Trump's border wall.

And, frankly, what could be more morally depraved than attempting to exploit the deaths of thousands of people who were merely seeking a better life for themselves and their families, or trying to escape life-threatening violence, with the goal of such exploitation being to deny other families a better life and escape from violence?

esmith

Veteran Member
I already noted the logical fallacies that you are promoting here. See #37. Let me know if you become able to understand the fallaciousness of your attempt to justify Trump's border wall.

It really isn't difficult to understand why you don't want to answer my question about whether you oppose all acts that increase the risk of death or injury to people south of the border. I suspect that everyone here understands that concern for the lives of people from South of the border has nothing to do with your attempts to justify Trump's border wall.

And, frankly, what could be more morally depraved than attempting to exploit the deaths of thousands of people who were merely seeking a better life for themselves and their families, or trying to escape life-threatening violence, with the goal of such exploitation being to deny other families a better life and escape from violence?
And not admitting that there is a humanitarian crisis at the border, as the Dem's and some media are doing is not a issue with you?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
The humanitarian crisis has been largely contributed to by the Trump camp as they were warned in advance that they would need more judges and lawyers to handle the numbers coming up from the Northern Triangle but refused to do so.

esmith

Veteran Member
Well I would say the the humanitarian crisis was totally the fault of those that helped organize the caravans.
from: Senior Border Patrol official says caravan organizers sold migrants a 'bad bill of goods'

"The Department of Homeland Security said Tuesday the Central American migrants who traveled as part of caravans to Tijuana, Mexico, with the hope of entering the U.S. are beginning to realize they were "sold a bad bill of goods" by the organizations that led them on the journey."

Nous

Premium Member
And not admitting that there is a humanitarian crisis at the border, as the Dem's and some media are doing is not a issue with you?
I can do no better than what @metis said. There is a humanitarian crisis at the border. It has been caused and made worse by Trump.

Nous

Premium Member
Did the President request that they come to the border? I think not.
Of course Trump didn't invite anyone from South of the border to come to the US -- he's a big fat bigot; he would never do anything so benevolent. But he is obligated by law and by treaty to treat people who do arrive at our borders in humane ways. He has intentionally refused to do that, which is why there is a horrible humanitarian crisis at the Southern border. And his shutdown of the government, of which he is so proud, is making the humanitarian crisis much worse, and can be anticipated to make the situation even worse in the future.

esmith

Veteran Member
Of course Trump didn't invite anyone from South of the border to come to the US -- he's a big fat bigot; he would never do anything so benevolent. But he is obligated by law and by treaty to treat people who do arrive at our borders in humane ways. He has intentionally refused to do that, which is why there is a horrible humanitarian crisis at the Southern border. And his shutdown of the government, of which he is so proud, is making the humanitarian crisis much worse, and can be anticipated to make the situation even worse in the future.
As far as I know (which isn't much) there is no law that says we have to open our borders to an influx of people without proper documentation. If so please provide said law or treaty.

Nous

Premium Member
As far as I know (which isn't much) there is no law that says we have to open our borders to an influx of people without proper documentation. If so please provide said law or treaty.
Why don't you try responding to something someone said here?

esmith

Veteran Member
Why don't you try responding to something someone said here?

Well well well. Seems like someone can't even read their own post. I just asked a question (last quoted post by me below) and you replied with your above post.

Let's try an follow what each of us said. I suggest you pay particular attention to the words highlighted in your below post.

Did the President request that they come to the border? I think not.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Well well well. Seems like someone can't even read their own post. I just asked a question (last quoted post by me below) and you replied with your above post.

Let's try an follow what each of us said. I suggest you pay particular attention to the words highlighted in your below post.
The words you highlighted have absolutely no relation to your response whatsoever.

"He is obligated to treat people who arrive at our borders in humane ways"
is NOT the same as saying
"He is obligated to open our borders to an influx of people without documentation".

This is an obvious attempt at a straw man. Please debate in good faith and respond to the arguments actually being made.

esmith

Veteran Member
The words you highlighted have absolutely no relation to your response whatsoever.

"He is obligated to treat people who arrive at our borders in humane ways"
is NOT the same as saying
"He is obligated to open our borders to an influx of people without documentation".

This is an obvious attempt at a straw man. Please debate in good faith and respond to the arguments actually being made.

Do you also have a problem reading or comprehending the written language.?
He specifically stated:
But he is obligated by law and by treaty to treat people who do arrive at our borders in humane ways.
I then asked him what law or treaty.

Want to try again.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Do you also have a problem reading or comprehending the written language.?
He specifically stated:

I then asked him what law or treaty.

Want to try again.
Lying in order to protect your lies doesn't make you look good. You wrote:

"As far as I know (which isn't much) there is no law that says we have to open our borders to an influx of people without proper documentation. If so please provide said law or treaty."

In other words, you didn't ask what law or treaty "obligated Trump to treat people who arrive at our borders in a humane way", you asked what law or treaty "obligated to open our borders to an influx of people without proper documentation".

So don't try and act sarcastic with me when your dishonesty is on full display and even a cursory glance at your previous posts make this obvious. Don't test my patience, or I'll continue to point out your lying.

esmith

Veteran Member
Lying in order to protect your lies doesn't make you look good. You wrote:

"As far as I know (which isn't much) there is no law that says we have to open our borders to an influx of people without proper documentation. If so please provide said law or treaty."

In other words, you didn't ask what law or treaty "obligated Trump to treat people who arrive at our borders in a humane way", you asked what law or treaty "obligated to open our borders to an influx of people without proper documentation".

So don't try and act sarcastic with me when your dishonesty is on full display and even a cursory glance at your previous posts make this obvious. Don't test my patience, or I'll continue to point out your lying.

Ok, just to please you I will change my question to "What law or treaties are in affect that requires the President to treat people arriving at our border in a humane way".
However, the jest of the discussion was treating persons, who arrived at our borders without proper documentation, in a humane way.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Ok, just to please you I will change my question to "What law or treaties are in affect that requires the President to treat people arriving at our border in a humane way".
Thank you.

However, the jest of the discussion was treating persons, who arrived at our borders without proper documentation, in a humane way.
That doesn't justify deliberately misrepresenting someone else's post in order to straw man their argument and divert attention away from the actual point being made.

esmith

Veteran Member

From your link:
Any alien who is physically present in the United States or who arrives in the United States (whether or not at a designated port of arrival and including an alien who is brought to the United States after having been interdicted in international or United States waters), irrespective of such alien’s status, may apply for asylum in accordance with this section or, where applicable, section 1225(b) of this title.

If they are not physically present in the United States.....If they are in Mexico, trying to get across the border, they are not physically in the United States.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
From your link:
Any alien who is physically present in the United States or who arrives in the United States (whether or not at a designated port of arrival and including an alien who is brought to the United States after having been interdicted in international or United States waters), irrespective of such alien’s status, may apply for asylum in accordance with this section or, where applicable, section 1225(b) of this title.

If they are not physically present in the United States.....If they are in Mexico, trying to get across the border, they are not physically in the United States.
Funny huh? They have to get in, but doesn’t matter how or where they get in.