• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump to issue around 100 pardons and commutations Tuesday, sources say

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
President Donald Trump is preparing to issue around 100 pardons and commutations on his final full day in office Tuesday, according to three people familiar with the matter, a major batch of clemency actions that includes white collar criminals, high-profile rappers and others but -- as of now -- is not expected to include Trump himself.

The White House held a meeting on Sunday to finalize the list of pardons, two sources said.

The pardons are one of several items Trump must complete before his presidency ends in days. White House officials also still have executive orders prepared, and the President is still hopeful to declassify information related to the Russia probe before he leaves office. But with a waning number of administration officials still in jobs, the likelihood that any of it gets done seemed to be shrinking.
Trump to issue around 100 pardons and commutations Tuesday, sources say - CNNPolitics

exchemist

Veteran Member
President Donald Trump is preparing to issue around 100 pardons and commutations on his final full day in office Tuesday, according to three people familiar with the matter, a major batch of clemency actions that includes white collar criminals, high-profile rappers and others but -- as of now -- is not expected to include Trump himself.

The White House held a meeting on Sunday to finalize the list of pardons, two sources said.

The pardons are one of several items Trump must complete before his presidency ends in days. White House officials also still have executive orders prepared, and the President is still hopeful to declassify information related to the Russia probe before he leaves office. But with a waning number of administration officials still in jobs, the likelihood that any of it gets done seemed to be shrinking.
Trump to issue around 100 pardons and commutations Tuesday, sources say - CNNPolitics
I read somewhere that Giuliani is saying people need to make "donations" if they want a pardon.

Drain the swamp, right? :D

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
The pardons are one of several items Trump must complete before his presidency ends in days. White House officials also still have executive orders prepared, and the President is still hopeful to declassify information related to the Russia probe before he leaves office. But with a waning number of administration officials still in jobs, the likelihood that any of it gets done seemed to be shrinking.​
I would not be surprised IF Trump creates such a big finale. IF that is his right to do according to the Law THEN it's fine with me

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
I think they might be a bit optimistic, given the disparaging comments Trump later made about them, and the fact that he would no doubt prefer to save himself rather than any others (even his most devoted supporters), and where pardoning them might not look so good (in court). :oops:
My opinion is that exchemist hit the nail on the head.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
He has to raise money for the lawsuits somehow....
He already has more than enuf money for that.
So I think he just really likes money.
I can understand that...but not getting it by immoral means.

It's time to amend the President's power to issue pardons.
Compensation for it should be prohibited.

Last edited:

exchemist

Veteran Member
My opinion is that exchemist hit the nail on the head.
My hope, in fact, is that these people start to turn on one another now. If they feel Trump has sold them down the river they will lose heart. Also I read, amusingly, that, being the paranoid conspiracy theorists they are, they now think they may have been infiltrated by the FBI (they may not in fact be 100% wrong;)) and mutual suspicion is rife.

Also I think that now we have all seen on TV who the architect of the Qanon conspiracy theory is and what a 6-cylinder wacko he obviously is, people may start to distance themselves a bit from some of the wilder notions.

This is the trouble with the internet: you don't know who who are dealing with, and many of the signs and cues we all use to decide who to trust are missing. Hence, if you are a bit credulous, you can be taken for a ride by somebody barking mad!

Last edited:

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
And now we're finding out that some of Trump's staff are literally asking for tens of thousands of dollars per person if they want to be pardoned by Trump. Will Trump denounce this? I doubt it.

exchemist

Veteran Member
And now we're finding out that some of Trump's staff are literally asking for tens of thousands of dollars per person if they want to be pardoned by Trump. Will Trump denounce this? I doubt it.
Yes, that's what I was referring to in post 3. I thought it was Giuliani behind it, trying with increasing desperation to fund his 3rd divorce settlement.:D But I may be misinformed.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Yes, that's what I was referring to in post 3. I thought it was Giuliani behind it, trying with increasing desperation to fund his 3rd divorce settlement.:D But I may be misinformed.
I heard on the news yesterday that it's more than just one. But then, was that news accurate? :shrug: Dunno.