• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump to declare national emergency

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
The Guardian is a leftist newpaper, and I don't trust "left" or "right" news. :D But, in specific they had printed fake news about Manafort meeting with Assange -- it never happened. God knows what else, that's just off the top of my head.

Eh, the human problem isn't the entirety of the problem -- it's the drugs, criminal elements, and whatnot that frequent the border. Then, comes the other question, is one human life worth 5 billion on a wall? To me, the money is worthless and a single American life is pretty important. I don't understand the nihilistic self-hate, or the voluntarily sacrifice of victims that could have never happened. To me, the wall is too tame -- sniper towers make more sense. But, that's because I believe if someone is breaking into your home you don't have to be nice to them. We're far too nice, we should be dicks. :D

Despite all of this, crossings are down 40% since Trump's election -- I wonder why, oh yeah, probably someone enforcing the damn laws. Using that as grounds to argue against the wall is pretty laughable to me. I'm aware of the number, and I'm also aware that it could be nearly zero if we used the tech, law enforcement, and techniques we have now at full efficiency. A wall is a basic investment that keeps workings for years, from that angle it makes a hell of a lot of sense.
Conservative think tank:
New Cato Report: A Border Wall Won’t Stop Drug Smuggling—Marijuana Legalization Has
Conservative local newspaper from the largest stretch of border:
Texas smugglers say Trump's border wall wouldn't stop immigrants, drugs from pouring across the border
Ditto
https://www.mysanantonio.com/opinio...y-Trump-s-border-wall-won-t-work-13509623.php
And their reactions to state of emergency declaration.
Trump's border national emergency plan draws outrage and legal threats from some in Texas
El Paso groups to file lawsuit if Trump declares national emergency to build wall

There's also bipartisan views that this is and could lead to more abusing state of emergency function to bypass Congress and don't want to set the precedent because of Trump's bruised political ego, which is really what this is about.
When he said "I didn’t need to do this, but I’d rather do it much faster," I hope he knows those words will be thrown back at him in the court case.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Hadrian built a stone wall it was 73 modern miles long and between 15 and 20 feet high. it had mile forts along its length. and 15 garrison forts. Many parts are still standing though built some 2000 years ago. It took 15000 men 6 years to build by hand. (some of it was built twice first in turf then in stone.) it also had ditches and embankments.
It is the best preserved roman frontier.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
l

There's also bipartisan views that this is and could lead to more abusing state of emergency function to bypass Congress and don't want to set the precedent because of Trump's bruised political ego, which is really what this is about.
When he said "I didn’t need to do this, but I’d rather do it much faster," I hope he knows those words will be thrown back at him in the court case.

It doesn't set any sort of precedent other than, "if there is a safety issue, the President can fix it." Which has been the case for a long time. What he can fix in this way is obviously limited in terms of, "Anything that doesn't violate the Constitution." So, it's nothing to worry about. Past Presidents have used orders, emergency declarations, and whatnot for all sorts of problems. If people are dead and being harmed by the illegal alien convoy it's not just about Trump's ego, anyone arguing that it's not important is nuts. American citizens are literally victimized constantly via this problem, and the solution isn't -- "Let's ignore it" or "Let's make it hard to do that job of protecting citizens." I have no idea what the Dems are thinking on it, nor do I have any idea what the Reps are. Protecting our people is the fundamental job of the government. Trump didn't pick his numbers out of the air, either, he asked the people on the ground who do the work what they need.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Trump's own national security team that met a few weeks ago doesn't seem to agree with you as they didn't even bring it up in any of their discussions.

I still think we don't need a wall, just automated pop-up sniper turrets. :D But, I'd take a wall if it'll keep the bleeding hearts happy. Whether the politicians agree with me or not is irrelevant, I believe any expense is reasonable so long as it saves American lives. I don't care if it's 1 billion, 5 billion, or 100 billion that's put to the task so long as it is enough to bring the illegal border crossing problem to nearly zero. It's weak enforcement that has created the problem. Visa jumpers are a big problem that isn't addressed by this, but people aren't getting on planes with drugs and weapons. To me, that's a much smaller problem as far as a safety issue. The solution is make it completely unbearable to do the crime, and anything to that end solves it. A wall doesn't hurt anyone, so that's a plus in it's favor. A decent wall to create a choke point with adequate border staff is certainly enough, our numbers indicate there isn't enough barrier or people.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
My prediction: Which, really, is all that counts.

If a national emergency is declared, any monies allocated for the wall will be immediately frozen and withdrawn by at least the first day the new President takes office in two years.

My prediction: Captured Mexican drug lord El Chapo's seized assets from his illegal drug operations are going to be used by the U.S. Federal government to help pay for finishing the wall.

Looks like my prediction will come to fruition. President Trump plans on getting $600 million with his national emergency declaration from drug forfeiture funds in order to help complete the border security barrier; no doubt, much of this fund is somehow linked with El Chapo; so now President Trump has already figured out this way to get some funds from El Chapo's narcotic trade businesses in order to help pay for finishing the security border barrier that'll keep harmful Mexican narcotics from entering our nation between legal ports of entry on the U.S.-Mexico border. ...:)

President Trump is now a proven genius who is highly likely to be re-elected in 2020. ....:)

Last edited: