• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump to Business Council Members: "I broke up with you first!"

leibowde84

Veteran Member
It's just like a grade school breakup. He got word that the Business Council Members were all quitting due to his failure regarding Charlottesville, so he preemptively said "I broke up with you first" to save face. Problem is, we aren't grade school kids, so we can see through it pretty darn easily.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
That's funny like "You can't quit, I fired you" Love Trumps sense of humor.
You mean my sense of humor? Thanks.

You are missing the fact that Trump wasn't trying to be funny. So, it isn't Trumps sense of humor. It is an example of Trumps thin skin and pettiness.

It is hilarious the lengths you will go to to try to give trump credit for his shortcomings.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
You mean my sense of humor? Thanks.

You are missing the fact that Trump wasn't trying to be funny. So, it isn't Trumps sense of humor. It is an example of Trumps thin skin and pettiness.

It is hilarious the lengths you will go to to try to give trump credit for his shortcomings.

Of course he was trying to be funny. He has a dry sense of humor, but funny just the same.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
Yeah, we'll be laughing all the way to the gas chambers!!

Kemosloby

Premium Member
No. Sorry. You're wrong.

@leibowde84 hit the nail on the head. I saw the headline just a minute ago, and knew what @leibowde84 had concluded before I read the story.
Trump is a pathetic little man-child, and a clear and present danger to so many people.

If you believe everything you read you might draw that conclusion. The media has never been his friend, they like the system how it is, same as the CEO's ripping us off with sky high drug prices.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
There's nothing new here. He does not denounce Putin nor alt-right Nazis, haters and terrorists. Everyone else is fair game if they don't kiss his butt.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
If you believe everything you read you might draw that conclusion. The media has never been his friend, they like the system how it is, same as the CEO's ripping us off with sky high drug prices.

Where is the proof that all the CEOs are from big Pharma?

And I don't like drug capitalism either.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Of course he was trying to be funny. He has a dry sense of humor, but funny just the same.
"Rather than putting pressure on the businesspeople of the Manufacturing Council & Strategy & Policy Forum, I am ending both. Thank you all!"

Here is the Tweet. Can you explain what leads you to believe he was joking? Seems like your admiration for Trump has gotten the better of you, but I'm all ears if you have some evidence.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
But, seeing how it is pathetic, even when a grade school kid does this kind of thing, it certainly is more pathetic when Trump does it. All in all, he did not break up the councils. All of the members were abandoning him due to his stupidity.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Believing everything the media says is not good. But, believing what Trump claims is far worse. He is far more dishonest than any media outlet.

Skwim

Veteran Member
The news report:

Donald Trump Breaks Up With Two White House Advisory Councils After They Already Dumped Him

President Donald Trump took to Twitter to announce he was scrapping two advisory councils: the White House Manufacturing Council and the Strategic & Policy Forum. “Rather than putting pressure on the businesspeople of the Manufacturing Council & Strategy & Policy Forum, I am ending both,” he tweeted, adding “Thank you all!”

But Trump was scrambling to catch up.

Before he could make the announcement, two more CEOs from the council had beat him to the punch, bringing to eight the number who decided the downside of being associated with Trump outweighed the upside of having a voice at the council, after Trump’s unhinged presser at Trump Tower, in which he again insisted both sides were to blame for the violence in Charlottesville, VA at a neo-Nazi/white supremacist rally.

And members of the Strategic and Policy Forum had already agreed to disband the group, CNBC reported, citing a member who said, “The thinking was it was important to do as a group…not as individuals, because it would have more significant impact. It makes a central point that it’s not going to go forward. It’s done.”
source

As put by a reporter on MSNBC: (paraphrased)

"It's like your boyfriend pulling up in front of your house with boxes and boxes of your belongings, and you running out to tell him that you're breaking up with him."