• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump threatens Cohens family?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I strongly recommend against posting articles
so quickly just because they're anti-Trump.
Read them carefully first.
Check other sources.
Write titles which reflect the actual claims.
Definitely. And people should apply the same to other articles as well. I've lost track of how many articles I've read that were posted here that didn't match the headline and/or OP title, spanning many subjects (though it seems politics holds the #1 spot for people citing articles wanting them to say something they don't actually say).

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
If there's evidence of this (something more than your optimistic
speculation), then the Democrats have their basis for impeachment.
In that case I hope the intimidation never happened as a President Pence worries me far more than Trump.
Or, I'm glad to be in California where there are state protections already in effect and no longer subject to the whims of a vast Conservative Christian majority. (they like to pretend they are Conservative here, but they don't have the churches or guns and things I did to get ****ty looks in Indiana here if anyone even notices they don't care to make it obvious they disapprove of me). A President Pence we might as well just call a "Pope President" they way he would want to see Evangelical ideology installed as legal policy.
Too bad Liberals just will not realize that if they hate Trump they are going to have nothing but utter, pure, concentrated contempt and hatred for Pence. Jokingly, I consider myself a "refugee of Conservatism," (it draws some comical looks from people who think Bakersfield is Conservative), but seriously the Conservativism that Pence represents is a very huge reason I left Indiana. Trump is a bumbling moron who clearly doesn't command a "king's respect." Pence will have the Republicans lining up, he will not know the opposition Obama or Trump knew, he won't have an "insider Conservative resistance group," and he won't even try to pretend to say he'll preserve transgender rights and dignity, and we know he won't invite Caitlyn to use his restroom because he won't socialize with women who aren't his wife without having someone else present. That is the prudish Conservative who becomes president after "doesn't know what he wants" Trump should Trump be impeached. Liberals do not want that, even though they think they do.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
In that case I hope the intimidation never happened as a President Pence worries me far more than Trump.
Or, I'm glad to be in California where there are state protections already in effect and no longer subject to the whims of a vast Conservative Christian majority. (they like to pretend they are Conservative here, but they don't have the churches or guns and things I did to get ****ty looks in Indiana here if anyone even notices they don't care to make it obvious they disapprove of me). A President Pence we might as well just call a "Pope President" they way he would want to see Evangelical ideology installed as legal policy.
Too bad Liberals just will not realize that if they hate Trump they are going to have nothing but utter, pure, concentrated contempt and hatred for Pence. Jokingly, I consider myself a "refugee of Conservatism," (it draws some comical looks from people who think Bakersfield is Conservative), but seriously the Conservativism that Pence represents is a very huge reason I left Indiana. Trump is a bumbling moron who clearly doesn't command a "king's respect." Pence will have the Republicans lining up, he will not know the opposition Obama or Trump knew, he won't have an "insider Conservative resistance group," and he won't even try to pretend to say he'll preserve transgender rights and dignity, and we know he won't invite Caitlyn to use his restroom because he won't socialize with women who aren't his wife without having someone else present. That is the prudish Conservative who becomes president after "doesn't know what he wants" Trump should Trump be impeached. Liberals do not want that, even though they think they do.
My biggest problem with Pence is replacing RBG.

Riders

Definitely. And people should apply the same to other articles as well. I've lost track of how many articles I've read that were posted here that didn't match the headline and/or OP title, spanning many subjects (though it seems politics holds the #1 spot for people citing articles wanting them to say something they don't actually say).

I read it and I disgaree.I always read my articles.

Riders

The headline doesn't match the article.
Moreover, it doesn't say that Trump ever issued any threat at all.

It appears from the article that Cohen is fearful, or feigning it.
But no actual threats by anyone are cited.

I strongly recommend against posting articles
so quickly just because they're anti-Trump.
Read them carefully first.
Check other sources.
Write titles which reflect the actual claims.

The eaxt words word for are not that there are no threats.The top line says the exact opposite and sense my first post was an actual copy of the first like line here it is

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Cohen permanantly postpones testimony because Trump is threatening Cohens family.
Tru
They are worried he wont be able to testify about Trump anymore.

Why isn't Trump in trouble for threats against his family?
Heres the source our president is threatening Cohen? Nice.
Cohen Postpones House Testimony Over Trump's 'Threats Against His Family'
Trump is an idiot, and this comes out in his ambiguous, seemingly cryptic, language. Where in the article does it say Trump threatened Cohen's family? What did Trump say to threaten them? The answers fall in line with "what is it that 'Second Amendment' people can do?" Sometimes it's very clear, such as offering to pay legal fees for attacking someone, but other times it's not. Trump saying to look into someone's money isn't much of a threat. This article really doesn't even mention Trump bringing up Cohen's family, asides from a vague remark that Cohen's father-in-law should be investigated. To me, it seems more of a case of guilty conscious (as Trump has often denied the assistance he received from his own father/family money) than any threat. Trump saying he was going to reopen the case into Hillary and have her imprisoned, that is a threat.

Riders

While it's possible that Trump is threatening Cohen & his family,
my post was about the OP's penchant for posting an article which
doesn't support its own title, & offers no evidence for the claim.
The OP has expressed hurt feelings over the DC protest thread
she started. I sought to advise how to avoid more such pain.

If Trump did make such threats, what are the details....
By phone?
By print?
What was specifically said?
Those are worth considering when making the accusation.

This is part of it and it offers tons of proof including Trumps own tweets how much proof do you want.
Cohen Postpones House Testimony Over Trump’s ‘Threats Against His Family’

Riders

I've been hearing Trump admitting to threatening Cohen for months saying his Father is a member of the mob and needs to be investigated. Are yall on the right thread I dont think you are. I have no idea what your talking about I read every bit if that article and it is good.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
This is part of it and it offers tons of proof including Trumps own tweets how much proof do you want.
Cohen Postpones House Testimony Over Trump’s ‘Threats Against His Family’
If real, one would expect some evidence...something more than convenient claims.
Screenshots...letters...emails...recordings...something.
Talk of an investigation is not a threat on anyone's life.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
My biggest problem with Pence is replacing RBG.
Those concerns were equally valid with Trump, who embedded himself with the Evangelicals. It's why he put two Conservatives on the bench. Ginsberg going out is a concern with either Trump or Pence, and if either one gets to replace Ginsburg it's people who voted for Trump who are to blame, for it is because of Trump's win that Conservative Evangelical ideology still holds the Supreme Court. It has no business having that power, and the one good thing about a Hillary Presidency is that power would have ended. Obama, had he gotten his rightful appointment, would have pushed Conservatives against the edge, and with a Hillary appointment there would have been no chance of Conservative Evangelical ideology making legal policy for the foreseeable future.
But now we can stay in the frying pan with Trump, or get out of the frying pan and jump into the fire with Pence. Even without Pence as president, if abortion comes to the Supreme Court again I very much doubt we'll be able to rely on historic precedence of the SC rarely overturning a prior decision it made.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Those concerns were equally valid with Trump, who embedded himself with the Evangelicals. It's why he put two Conservatives on the bench. Ginsberg going out is a concern with either Trump or Pence, and if either one gets to replace Ginsburg it's people who voted for Trump who are to blame, for it is because of Trump's win that Conservative Evangelical ideology still holds the Supreme Court. It has no business having that power, and the one good thing about a Hillary Presidency is that power would have ended. Obama, had he gotten his rightful appointment, would have pushed Conservatives against the edge, and with a Hillary appointment there would have been no chance of Conservative Evangelical ideology making legal policy for the foreseeable future.
But now we can stay in the frying pan with Trump, or get out of the frying pan and jump into the fire with Pence. Even without Pence as president, if abortion comes to the Supreme Court again I very much doubt we'll be able to rely on historic precedence of the SC rarely overturning a prior decision it made.
Trump strikes me as less the "good Christian" than Pence, who is not
just supported by theocratically minded fundies, but one of them.
I wouldn't expect his nominees to be as good as Trump's have been.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Was " Two Corinthians " a hint?
While that's true, it can't be ignored he did pick Pence for his VP and he did reach out to the Evangelical crowd even before the 2016 election. Selecting Pence alone screamed that Trump would have to play to Evangelical wants. Sure, he said a lot of things, but actions speak louder than words. Picking Pence screamed much louder than Trump spoke when he said transgender people would be protected under him and he invited Caitlyn to use the women's restroom at Trump Tower. Sort of like how he said he would be pro-weed, then appointed an extremely anti-weed guy to the top law enforcement position in the Union.
If anything, what will sum up Trump's presidency is the old saying "actions speak louder than words."