• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump threatens Cohens family?

Riders

Should I get trumps tweets and the video of Gulliano I just saw. trump a so keeps saying Cohens family is a part of the mafia?????????

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I just got the eact details/ Here they are Trumps tweets calling on the Mueller probe to investigate his father in law saying Watch the Father in Law. Giuianno talked about it Sunday night.Trump has tweeted about Cohens family needing to be investigated over and over and called on Mueller to investigate them!
A call to investigate is a threat?
Nah.

Riders

A call to investigate is a threat?
Nah.
Yea it is Trump called on Mueller to investigate his Father before he allowed Cohen to testify which could be perceived as obstruction of justice.He has no right to call on Mueller to investigate anyone, that's Mueller's job and hes in the way of it!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yea it is Trump called on Mueller to investigate his Father before he allowed Cohen to testify which could be perceived as obstruction of justice.He has no right to call on Mueller to investigate anyone, that's Mueller's job and hes in the way of it!
Then everyone who called to investigate Trump is threatening him?
Nah. This is a ridiculous use of the word "threaten".

Riders

Then everyone who called to investigate Trump is threatening him?
Nah. This is a ridiculous use of the word "threaten".
They were not called by Presidents, they were investigators and FBI who's job it is to investigate, Trump and Guliiano are not investigators, they don't have the right to tell Mueller how to conduct his job.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
They were not called by Presidents, they were investigators and FBI who's job it is to investigate, Trump and Guliiano are not investigators, they don't have the right to tell Mueller how to conduct his job.
Inaccurate use of the word "threat" leads to confusion.

Riders

That's something I have watched you do quite regularly.
Misrepresenting people and offering no proof.
Tom
No I dont. Trump spoke on this today. Its all over the tv and I don't post anything I don't have sources for. Your just spouting your opinion.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Mate saying someone should be investigated is hardly a threat. Passive aggressive maybe. Douchey perhaps. Even a little bit presumptuous if I understand the context. But when I think threat I think more along the lines of
“You and your family better watch out. Would hate to see them hurt” or something to that affect.

Though I am happily enjoying the dumpster fire over the current White House meltdown (my sincerest condolences to Americans) you seem a little eager to demonise Trump. Why go to to so much effort? Just pull a random clip off the news and wait till he says something stupid.
We used to try to make a drinking game out of it, way back in the day. When the Donald was just a creepy adult Richie Rich.
But we ran out of bourbon before the hour was up. Alas.

Riders

Mate saying someone should be investigated is hardly a threat. Passive aggressive maybe. Douchey perhaps. Even a little bit presumptuous if I understand the context. But when I think threat I think more along the lines of
“You and your family better watch out. Would hate to see them hurt” or something to that affect.

Though I am happily enjoying the dumpster fire over the current White House meltdown (my sincerest condolences to Americans) you seem a little eager to demonise Trump. Why go to to so much effort? Just pull a random clip off the news and wait till he says something stupid.
We used to try to make a drinking game out of it, way back in the day. When the Donald was just a creepy adult Richie Rich.
But we ran out of bourbon before the hour was up. Alas.

To be honest the lawyers said it could be interpreted as intimidating lawyers and obstructing justice, truthfully its against the rules for a President to sit and tell the FBI and Mueller what and who to investigate try to make them investigate someone just because he hates them that's way pretty out there.

Thats not his place nor his job, does Trump even know what he is suppose to be doing, what his job is?

Riders

Its also considered to be witness tampering and lawyers are now discussing weather or not to investigate Guilliano and Trump for witness tampering, so from everything i've seen on the news seems to disagree with most the attitude here. But to me if a new investigation is started by the Dems, Adam Schiff or Mueller over this it will prove me right. So i will wait and see though..

Here's another bit of news on this.I believe Mueller is Subpoena ing Cohen regardless so he has to testify.

Shad

Veteran Member

Trump can make a recommendation or request to the AG. The AG can order the FBI to start an investigation. Chain of command. Executive power due to the FBI being executive branch. The AG being a Trump pick makes it more likely the AG would follow the policy of POTUS.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
To be honest the lawyers said it could be interpreted as intimidating lawyers and obstructing justice, truthfully its against the rules for a President to sit and tell the FBI and Mueller what and who to investigate try to make them investigate someone just because he hates them that's way pretty out there.

Thats not his place nor his job, does Trump even know what he is suppose to be doing, what his job is?
Lawyers are good at twisting things. It’s their profession. Does Trump even know what day it is? Trump just does things.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
The headline doesn't match the article.
Moreover, it doesn't say that Trump ever issued any threat at all.

It appears from the article that Cohen is fearful, or feigning it.
But no actual threats by anyone are cited.

I strongly recommend against posting articles
so quickly just because they're anti-Trump.
Read them carefully first.
Check other sources.
Write titles which reflect the actual claims.
Trump has tweeted and made reference on Fox News about Cohen's father-in-law on numerous occasions. Perhaps that is what is being referred to.

Michael Cohen postpones congressional testimony because of threats to family from Trump, Giuliani

"Kevin Corke, @FoxNews “Don’t forget, Michael Cohen has already been convicted of perjury and fraud, and as recently as this week, the Wall Street Journal has suggested that he may have stolen tens of thousands of dollars....” Lying to reduce his jail time! Watch father-in-law!"

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Trump has tweeted and made reference on Fox News about Cohen's father-in-law on numerous occasions. Perhaps that is what is being referred to.

Michael Cohen postpones congressional testimony because of threats to family from Trump, Giuliani

"Kevin Corke, @FoxNews “Don’t forget, Michael Cohen has already been convicted of perjury and fraud, and as recently as this week, the Wall Street Journal has suggested that he may have stolen tens of thousands of dollars....” Lying to reduce his jail time! Watch father-in-law!"
Aye, but it just doesn't match the article's claim.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Attempting to intimidate a witness is a 20-year felony if convicted, and this is exactly what Trump and Giuliani are clearly doing. This is what the Mob did, the NAZI's did, the Stalinists did, the Maoists did, and many monarchs and dictators over the centuries.

However, with so many other "fires" burning, I doubt much will become of this.

Riders

Yes

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Attempting to intimidate a witness is a 20-year felony if convicted, and this is exactly what Trump and Giuliani are clearly doing. This is what the Mob did, the NAZI's did, the Stalinists did, the Maoists did, and many monarchs and dictators over the centuries.

However, with so many other "fires" burning, I doubt much will become of this.
If there's evidence of this (something more than your optimistic
speculation), then the Democrats have their basis for impeachment.