• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump tax cuts producing 3% growth for U.S.

Shaul

Premium Member
FTA:
“We’re not quite at a sustained elevated growth rate of 3 percent yet, but the latest economic snapshot tells us we are knocking on the door. The growth rate over the last four quarters came in at 2.9 percent — which was higher than any of the eight years of Barack Obama’s presidency.”

And,

“Now for the even better news. We are already starting to see a fiscal dividend from Trump’s pro-business tax, energy and regulatory policies. The Congressional Budget Office reports that tax revenues in April — which is by far the biggest month of the year for tax collections because of the April 15 filing deadline — totaled $515 billion. That was good for a robust 13 percent rise in receipts over last year. ‎”

https://nypost.com/2018/05/29/economic-data-from-april-shows-the-tax-cuts-are-working/

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Economic performance is very complex, so I'm loath to attribute it to a single factor.
Still, it's good news. The improved investment atmosphere sure helped me a lot.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
FTA:
“We’re not quite at a sustained elevated growth rate of 3 percent yet, but the latest economic snapshot tells us we are knocking on the door. The growth rate over the last four quarters came in at 2.9 percent — which was higher than any of the eight years of Barack Obama’s presidency.”

And,

“Now for the even better news. We are already starting to see a fiscal dividend from Trump’s pro-business tax, energy and regulatory policies. The Congressional Budget Office reports that tax revenues in April — which is by far the biggest month of the year for tax collections because of the April 15 filing deadline — totaled $515 billion. That was good for a robust 13 percent rise in receipts over last year. ‎”

https://nypost.com/2018/05/29/economic-data-from-april-shows-the-tax-cuts-are-working/
Of course it's no secret that if people have more money in their own pockets instead of someone else's they'll spend more. It's like petrol for the economy.

Something that liberals failed to understand.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Of course it's no secret that if people have more money in their own pockets instead of someone else's they'll spend more. It's like petrol for the economy.

Something that liberals failed to understand.
I sold a building last year for about double what it appraised
for only a year earlier during the Obama doldrums. I'm now
spending that money like a drunken sailor....
- Paid off my home loan.
- Renovating my home.
- Paid down another loan.
- Financing a new building for the contractor doing my renovation.
- Not one, but 2 new raincoats (Well, not new. They're used. Got'm on ebay.)

Money is like manure....the real value is in spreading it around.

tytlyf

Not Religious
You do realize the NYPost is a tabloid outlet, Fox's sister outlet? Like the national enquirer? Find a credible source and post again.

The tax cut has nothing to do with the current economy. If anything, the tax cut for the wealthy (which hurts the middle class) has slowed the economy and slowed job growth. Trickle-down doesn't work, you can keep believing it does. Facts show otherwise.

The middle class should not be receiving 'crumbs' when it comes to tax policy. The wealthy should be receiving 'crumbs.' They don't even pay their advertised rate. Now America goes further in debt due to republican spending.

You can thank Obama for the current economy. You can thank Trump for slowing it.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
You do realize the NYPost is a tabloid outlet, Fox's sister outlet? Like the national enquirer? Find a credible source and post again.

The tax cut has nothing to do with the current economy. If anything, the tax cut for the wealthy (which hurts the middle class) has slowed the economy and slowed job growth. Trickle-down doesn't work, you can keep believing it does. Facts show otherwise.

The middle class should not be receiving 'crumbs' when it comes to tax policy. The wealthy should be receiving 'crumbs.' They don't even pay their advertised rate. Now America goes further in debt due to republican spending.

You can thank Obama for the current economy. You can thank Trump for slowing it.

Hahaha...oh, wait...you really believe the stuff you post. Fortunately, it's people like you that's going to keep Trump in the WH for another 4.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Hahaha...oh, wait...you really believe the stuff you post. Fortunately, it's people like you that's going to keep Trump in the WH for another 4.
I begin to wonder if many who oppose Trump do so in a fashion which boosts his image,
eg, the ones who still claim that he's Hitler. That's just too loopy for anyone to actually
believe. And if they did, they'd be fleeing the country before the pogroms begin.

tytlyf

Not Religious
? You act like 3% is new. I've got a chart for you if you want.

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
FTA:

And,

This is good news! I hope the growth continues.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
So, when will the working class see some of this growth? It's been an ongoing complaint since the economic recovery under Obama.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
We are still under the Obama economy since the only thing Trump and the Pubs did was to cut taxes, which will help the wealthy but not put hardly any money into the hands of middle income families. Since the poor, many of the elderly, and our children will be hurt by the Medicaid cuts and radically increased deficit, to me it's a basic violation of Judeo-Christian ethics to burden them with a big bonus for the wealthy. Basically, it's the opposite of what both Torah and the gospels teach.

tytlyf

Not Religious
So, when will the working class see some of this growth? It's been an ongoing complaint since the economic recovery under Obama.
A good first step is to raise the federal minimum wage. Something republicans are against. Republicans are not for the middle class.

tytlyf

Not Religious
We are still under the Obama economy since the only thing Trump and the Pubs did was to cut taxes, which will help the wealthy but not put hardly any money into the hands of middle income families. Since the poor, many of the elderly, and our children will be hurt by the Medicaid cuts and radically increased deficit, to me it's a basic violation of Judeo-Christian ethics to burden them with a big bonus for the wealthy. Basically, it's the opposite of what both Torah and the gospels teach.
Sure some people may save a few bucks in the short term when it comes to taxes, but they're paying more for other things like gas, etc. So in the long run, they're probably losing more money.

Republicans want higher gas prices, not lower.

esmith

Veteran Member

Only one comment.
rolling-on-the-floor-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif

tytlyf

Not Religious
better than anything you regurgitate
That's what's wrong with this country. Right here. I bet you think Greg writes the stuff he reads off the teleprompter too.

My favorite is #Outnumbered. The entire show is scripted. Fox has teleprompters at all angles so even the people who look like they're facing the person next to them, you can tell they are reading a teleprompter just off axis.

Some people think Fox is news and that's dangerous. You've had many years to learn the truth, but you don't care. Dangerous and unPatriotic

David1967

Premium Member
Some people think Fox is news and that's dangerous

I think you are going a bit too far here. Just because someone likes a news source that you don't, doesn't make it dangerous. But seriously, who do you recommend for a valid news source?