• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Trump supporters use less cognitively complex language, more simplistic modes of thinking"

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It implies the psychology behind writing such an article.

Maybe by people who think of themselves as being superior and above others that don't share the same opinions and views.
You suspect prejudice from an article with
such neutrality, objectivity, & scientific rigor?
Excerpted....
"Evidence from the field of political psychology tends to suggest
that conservatives are more simple-minded than liberals are."

I've seen the reasoning that many liberals use. I'm not
as impressed with them as they are with themselves.
Don't tell me how smart you are. Demonstrate it.

wellwisher

The word Conservative is rooted in the word conservation. Trump supporters based their ideas on well established principles, with lots of conserved performance data, collected over the years. Biden supporters are more convoluted, since what they wish to do is not fully test proven, so there is a lot of extra convincing for themselves and others.

Simplicity is closest to truth. If you can reduce a complex set of idea to its essence, then you truly understand the idea. If you have go all over the map, you do not have the same level of grasp on the subject. This is why when you write a paper for school, the abstract is last part you write. This is a concise summary of all that was done and requires your best integrated understanding expressed as simple as possible.

For example, countries do not exist without borders. We put locks on own our doors to differentiate areas of privacy. We also have door bells to allow friends and guests to visit. The Left will use a convoluted mishmash to justify open borders, since this did not work well throughout the history of civilization. It typically ended in invasion and conquest that did not create a better state of affairs for the home team.

The political left is more supported by academia, which is about teaching using hypothetical examples; foundational teaching methods. The political right is more practical minded and tries to teach life lessons based on human nature and what has worked over the ages. Conservation has been plenty of time for people to understand and summarize with a concise abstract. Novel approaches to teaching often take time to grasp and need larger summaries.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
The word Conservative is rooted in the word conservation. Trump supporters based their ideas on well established principles, with lots of conserved performance data, collected over the years. Biden supporters are more convoluted, since what they wish to do is not fully test proven, so there is a lot of extra convincing for themselves and others.

Simplicity is closest to truth. If you can reduce a complex set of idea to its essence, then you truly understand the idea. If you have go all over the map, you do not have the same level of grasp on the subject. This is why when you write a paper for school, the abstract is last part you write. This is a concise summary of all that was done and requires your best integrated understanding expressed as simple as possible.

For example, countries do not exist without borders. We put locks on own our doors to differentiate areas of privacy. We also have door bells to allow friends and guests to visit. The Left will use a convoluted mishmash to justify open borders, since this did not work well throughout the history of civilization. It typically ended in invasion and conquest that did not create a better state of affairs for the home team.

The political left is more supported by academia, which is about teaching using hypothetical examples; foundational teaching methods. The political right is more practical minded and tries to teach life lessons based on human nature and what has worked over the ages. Conservation has been plenty of time for people to understand and summarize with a concise abstract. Novel approaches to teaching often take time to grasp and need larger summaries.

In all honesty. Your version is not the only version of conservative. So using another version of conservative I could argue for open borders in some sense.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Well, IMO it is not that simple.
That's fine, but I do think in general it's true. Matter of fact, even within Democratic circles there's the feeling that all too much of what the Dems put out is too "heady" versus let's say Trump's simplistic style, such as his constant use of stereotyping.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
That's fine, but I do think in general it's true. Matter of fact, even within Democratic circles there's the feeling that all too much of what the Dems put out is too "heady" versus let's say Trump's simplistic style, such as his constant use of stereotyping.

Yeah, but this is not North American politics. It is general politics and thus the world as such. Thus the local version doesn't have to be so for all of the world. For the USA maybe, but that might even just be local in time.
As I try to understand it, it is more about fast, simple populism and that is not just one example.