• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump supporters getting a taste of that "maga" magic.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
1: Ste

1: Steelworker might not have supposedly IQ of D.Trump but he feels very empathatic [D.T as businessman will get profit out of this IMO]
2: I am a vegan and love animals, so the higher the price humans have to pay, the better I'd say [D.T does try to get his pork intake down I read]
3: I only drink water. If higher prices mean people drink less [alcohol] = better health [+D.T reached 1 of His Goals]

Last edited:

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member

Just the start unless Trump does some quick and serious backing down on this trade war nonsense, which he's so unpredictable in most ways that he might do.

Trump supporters might not see a trade war as serious business yet, but the rest of the world sure does -- and even, if worse comes to worse, a few Trump supporters might come around once they lose their jobs.

Here's a kind of worse case possibility although I can't say how likely it is, not being an economist. The trade wars heat up just about when the sugar high of the tax cuts is over. I'm guessing that would be a nearly "perfect storm" to wreck the economy. And that would hit a lot of people hard -- certainly not just Trump supporters.

stvdv

Just the start unless Trump does some quick and serious backing down on this trade war nonsense, which he's so unpredictable in most ways that he might do.

Trump supporters might not see a trade war as serious business yet, but the rest of the world sure does -- and even, if worse comes to worse, a few Trump supporters might come around once they lose their jobs.

Here's a kind of worse case possibility although I can't say how likely it is, not being an economist. The trade wars heat up just about when the sugar high of the tax cuts is over. I'm guessing that would be a nearly "perfect storm" to wreck the economy. And that would hit a lot of people hard -- certainly not just Trump supporters.

I do hope more American's wake up like you. D.T is obvious a narcissists. All they care for is themselves. If they pretend to care for someone, you better recheck if it is not just for getting "likes", and even better "winners". That's just how they are wired. And narcissists are wired quite solidly. If you hope they will learn and change, I would advice "don't hold your breath".

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Well, the thing is, back when the politicians and corporations were pushing for NAFTA and arguing for removing trade barriers, they made all kinds of wild promises about how it would be great for America, but after 25 years, where is the money? Where is the proof that any of this has been good for the average American? Why are tens of millions of Americans still living in poverty, while many more millions are struggling to stay above water? Countless millions are laden with personal debt, while the US itself has an insurmountable debt.

America's economy was much better off 50-60 years ago when we still had tariffs and unions were strong. Ever since Reagan-Bush pushed for free trade, America's economy, our industries, our infrastructure have slowly deteriorated, while the middle class languishes in stagnation.

At the very least, those bashing Trump and poo-pooing the idea of tariffs should at least be willing to answer for the past 30+ years of economic stagnation and malaise in America. Or as they say: "Show us the money!"

If you don't want people to continue to support Trump, then just answer this: What's it worth to you? How much extra are willing to give to working class Americans? That's why all the anti-Trump rhetoric is falling on deaf ears, because none of the Trump-bashers are willing to put their money where their mouth is. Money talks and bulls**t walks.

stvdv

Well, the thing is, back when the politicians and corporations were pushing for NAFTA and arguing for removing trade barriers, they made all kinds of wild promises about how it would be great for America, but after 25 years, where is the money? Where is the proof that any of this has been good for the average American? Why are tens of millions of Americans still living in poverty, while many more millions are struggling to stay above water? Countless millions are laden with personal debt, while the US itself has an insurmountable debt.

America's economy was much better off 50-60 years ago when we still had tariffs and unions were strong. Ever since Reagan-Bush pushed for free trade, America's economy, our industries, our infrastructure have slowly deteriorated, while the middle class languishes in stagnation.

At the very least, those bashing Trump and poo-pooing the idea of tariffs should at least be willing to answer for the past 30+ years of economic stagnation and malaise in America. Or as they say: "Show us the money!"

If you don't want people to continue to support Trump, then just answer this: What's it worth to you? How much extra are willing to give to working class Americans? That's why all the anti-Trump rhetoric is falling on deaf ears, because none of the Trump-bashers are willing to put their money where their mouth is. Money talks and bulls**t walks.

Interesting. Since Europe became "one" they also started with "free trade" etc. Before there was so much more stability. People got a job, were not fired for nothing [big cooperation laying off people]. I had the feeling they follow the "American Way" in this. Seems true.

I understand why. With computers now they know of everyone everything. So they can calculate exactly how far they can go moving the money from the "normal working people" into the pockets of the politicians [and other rich persons in control of power]. I believe it is as simple as that.

Sad to realize this and not being able to stop it. Just greedy people, they will never give up. Like narcissists only care for themselves.

Last edited:

PureX

Veteran Member
1: Ste

1: Steelworker might not have supposedly IQ of D.Trump but he feels very empathatic [D.T as businessman will get profit out of this IMO]
2: I am a vegan and love animals, so the higher the price humans have to pay, the better I'd say [D.T does try to get his pork intake down I read]
3: I only drink water. If higher prices mean people drink less [alcohol] = better health [+D.T reached 1 of His Goals]
So, ... It's all about you, for you. ;)

stvdv

So, ... It's all about you, for you. ;)

No, not about me! You got that feeling?
1: About the steelworker, a very sympathetic person if I understood correctly what I read in a flash
2: About the animals [to stay alive], and some claim "Less is More" for eating meat [less is more healthy]
3: About you getting better health, and D.Trump reached his goal; I read he has something with alcohol

I did put "Animals not suffering" before "Humans not eating meat".
That's just My simple rule by which I live "Hurt Never".
I think you not eating meat won't hurt that much. Less than animals hurting IMO.

Last edited:

BSM1

What? Me worry?

ecco

Veteran Member
Money talks and bulls**t walks.
What are you talking about?

Trump will tell you that the state of the economy today is better than in the entire history of the Country.

Trump will tell you that unemployment today is lower than in the entire history of the Country.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Well, the thing is, back when the politicians and corporations were pushing for NAFTA and arguing for removing trade barriers, they made all kinds of wild promises about how it would be great for America, but after 25 years, where is the money? Where is the proof that any of this has been good for the average American? Why are tens of millions of Americans still living in poverty,
post hoc ergo propter hoc

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I tried to Google Bob Dyke to see where he got his degree in International Economics, or Political Science, or even if he at one time ran a steel mill. Couldn't seem to find anything. Could you maybe help us out with his credentials?

Where are yours? If you have none, I can trust that you'll stop posting about things you have no degree in, then? It is a cute way to dismiss a man's experiences and observations made during a lifelong career from which he retired. It doesn't take a degree in international economics to realize when money is being hemorrhaged and jobs are being lost. By the way, did you even read the other two links? But go ahead and keep that mouth open wide as Trump continues to crap in it.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Gee, I wonder who chased away the steel industry?

The cause as far as I know the beginning of the end was the OPEC crisis during Nixon years and on the trade side of things, it is said they just couldn't afford to trade in a global market and the plants started shutting down.

Last edited:

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
No answers to my questions? I thought so.
What I am saying is just because there has been a decline in the U.S. manufacturing sector does not mean that NAFTA is responsible. Those jobs did not go to Canada or Mexico. Mostly they disappeared due to mechanization. That or they went to China, or India. But that has little to do with nafta.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

I think not screwing over the middle/working class and widening the gap between the rich and poor would be a great start.