• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump Spits on the Constitution.

youknowme

Whatever you want me to be.
"Trump Declares National Emergency to Build Border Wall"

President Trump declared a national emergency at the border on Friday to access billions of dollars to build a border wall that Congress refused to give him, transforming a highly charged policy dispute into a fundamental confrontation over separation of powers.

In a televised announcement in the Rose Garden, Mr. Trump said he would sign the declaration to protect the country from the flow of drugs, criminals and illegal immigrants coming across the border from Mexico, which he characterized as a profound threat to national security.

Trump Declares National Emergency to Build Border Wall

The Republican party, under Trump's leadership, has lost touch with all the values they use to exalt. The old Republican party is dead, and what is left is Trumpism.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
"Trump Declares National Emergency to Build Border Wall"

Trump Declares National Emergency to Build Border Wall

The Republican party, under Trump's leadership, has lost touch with all the values they use to exalt. The old Republican party is dead, and what is left is Trumpism.

Ultimately, it'll be the U.S. Supreme Court that'll decide in favor of the Constitutional legality of the National Emergency proclamation in order to finish the job of completing the Border Wall in order to keep illegal drugs and criminals from entering the United States between legal ports of entry on the U.S-Mexico border.

youknowme

I suspect this will get held up in the SC for awhile.

I imagine so; however, it still displays the deep lack of respect for the Constitution and the separation of power our Founding Fathers so wisely put in place. This display of disrespect is normally something the Right raves about, but not under Trump. They have lost touch with who they are.

Last edited:

youknowme

Ultimately, it'll be the U.S. Supreme Court that'll decide in favor of the Constitutional legality of the National Emergency proclamation in order to finish the job of completing the Border Wall in order to keep illegal drugs and criminals from entering the United States between legal ports of entry on the U.S-Mexico border.

Don't forget to shove in those Trumpism lies at the end of everything you say. . .

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
Believe you me, the SCOTUS will quickly decide on this matter of getting an effective border security barrier system completed.
It is entirely possible they already have some sort of a pre-emptive consensus. Wouldn't be tough to imagine.

youknowme

It is entirely possible they already have some sort of a pre-emptive consensus. Wouldn't be tough to imagine.

I hope not, they are Supreme Court Justices, and while I understand true objectivity is not possible, they should avoid forming a consensus before hearing the case in court.

BSM1

What? Me worry?

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Whaddaya wanna bet that if Hillary were Prez, & Republicans were resisting her
building a wall, that Dems would praise her doing exactly what Trump is doing?

I wouldn't even wager your left one on this..

Interesting list. Skimming through it quickly it does not seem like any of those were very expensive, costing billions of dollars. Some may have even resulted in money coming into the government.

That's really neither here nor there (and probably not true). The poster was not anti-wall for fiscal reasons, it was a direct swipe at the President. BTW, you do realize that there is 23 billion (with a 'b') already allotted for border security. The 5 bil and change was just a drop in the bucket.

AntiHero

c73f1a02c57d4bec8a169de9570ab56d

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I imagine so; however, it still displays the deep lack of respect for the Constitution and the separation of power our Founding Fathers so wisely put in place. This display of disrespect is normally something the Right raves about, but not under Trump. They have lost touch with who they are.

I don't know whether it's constitutional or not, although I can see that there might be some situations where the president could have power to declare a national emergency - if there really was an emergency. But, if nothing else, it seems to display a deep lack of respect for common sense to declare an "emergency" when it's not really an emergency.