• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump snubs formal 9/11 ceremonies

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Wow... this really moves away from the topic of Trump not attending the 9/11 with Biden, which was all about the Afghanistan Withdrawal Debacle. I suppose, however, that I will briefly indulge this lunacy.

Yes, it does bother me that there is so much Trump hate. It's difficult not to see each thing that comes along as another case of people blindly attacking Trump.

Have you checked in on the status of cases concerning Jan 6? There are no charges of sedition or insurrection. One possibility is that there is some sort of deep state conspiracy to not charge all these people with an "obvious" crime. The other possibility is that none of the crimes committed actually rise to the level of sedition or insurrection and that's why they haven't been charged thus. The charge of incitement against Trump has also lost its steam, because it turns out that it's almost impossible to use a speech explicitly calling for peaceful protest to convict someone of incitement. The Jan 6 committee is obviously partisan. And is there anyone less credible to be on that committee than Adam Shiff? We'll see what they come up with!

The Georgia call by Trump is obviously Trump advocating for an examination of the vote because Trump believes there was fraud. It's entirely appropriate to call Georgia if you think there is a legitimate problem with the election.

The white supremacist accusations against Trump are one of the biggest hoaxes about him. If you believe that Trump supports the KKK and neo-Nazis and gives secret dog whistles to hate groups, then you are so deep down the crazy rabbit hole of imagined conspiracies that you are on the level of people who create the nonsense that President so-and-so is the anti-Christ. :rolleyes:

That Trump saw there were problems with mail-in voting is no surprise. It's more surprising that more wasn't done to make sure mail-in voting was secure. The party politics of voting is amazing to watch unfold. -_-

o_O Pubs pressuring Pubs to declare the election a fraud is concerning. The election is over and Biden was declared winner. The election cannot be declared fraudulent as Biden was elected legitimately. Only voter fraud can be declared and even that should come only as a result of considered evidence. The correct action by Dems and Pubs alike is to take proper steps to insure free and fair voter integrity. The numbers of errors should be less than the margin of victory. That it is otherwise is disturbing.

As for "his henchmen in Congress trying to undermine our Constitution and our democratic process", I think you need to specify who his henchmen are and what they are trying. Otherwise, I'm left wondering what other hoaxes and conspiracy theories you believe in. Aliens on Mars? Russia collusion? Border Patrol agents armed with whips? The Holocaust didn't happen? The Moon Landing was faked? 9/11 was an inside job? The Earth is actually flat? Covid vaccine microchips implanted by none other than Bill Gates (aka the other anti-Christ)? I've noticed that you can't have too many anti-Christs. Maybe if people accuse enough people of being the anti-Christ they will eventually be right! If at first you don't succeed, try, try again! :p

When people come along and want to blame the Afghanistan Withdrawal Debacle on Trump instead of Biden, I think they must be blinded by Trump-hate and every fact that comes to light is somehow filtered - polarized, if you will - to slander Trump, even when it is patently ridiculous. I wouldn't be surprised if people imagined some way to blame Trump for the Over the Horizon airstrike that killed 7 children and 3 aid workers that was initially billed as a verified kill on ISIS planners. :(

So, I mean, if you can come up with some reasoning other than: it must be Trump because Trump is evil, then I'll consider it.

Turn about is fair-play. So I'd like to ask you:
Does it bother you that Biden does not secure the Southern border?
Does it bother you that Biden does not secure the Southern border during a pandemic?
Does the very large number of people crossing the Southern border bother you?
Does it bother you that almost none of the people crossing the Southern border have a legitimate asylum claim?
Does it bother you that Fentanyl from China crosses that border and kills tens of thousands of Americans?
Do the Cartels in Mexico bother you?
Does it bother you that some of the Hunter Biden laptop emails have been confirmed as genuine (not a Russian disinformation campaign)?
POLITICO Playbook: Double trouble for Biden
Does it bother you that when the Afghanistan Withdrawal began, Biden isolated in Camp David, Harris traveled to Vietnam, the Press Secretary went on vacation, and the Secretary of State (in charge of foreign affairs) went on vacation? Keep in mind that you've literally planned (we hope) for the time and date of your withdrawal.
Does it bother you that Biden made a secret deal with Australia and so offended France that for the first time ever in history, France recalled it's diplomats from the U.S. because the U.S. was considered untrustworthy?
Does it bother you that Biden wants to pass trillions of dollars in spending while at the very same time Dems are pushing to raise the debt limit for the U.S.? Does it bother you that Biden had the audacity to publicly declare that it is "all paid for"?
Does it bother you that Biden so often directly lies to the public and then refuses to take questions?
Does it bother you that foreign leaders visit the White House and take questions but Biden declines?
Do Biden's authoritarian policies bother you?
I don't have the time nor the desire to respond to the above nonsense, but I admit you do have the right to honor and try to justify Trump's repugnant behavior. Plus your ignorance of what the debt ceiling actually entails is 100% compatible with the other nonsense you posted above.

Maybe do some actual studying from more objective sources instead of the right-wing garbage you're obviously using, as you've been very thoroughly "played".

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
Vietnam was not full of religious zealots living in the 7th centruy.
No, it was full of communists, which the US at the time considered the worse alternative.
By the way, religious zealots are still the closest American allies in the Middle East today.

ecco

Veteran Member
Yes, it does bother me that there is so much Trump hate. It's difficult not to see each thing that comes along as another case of people blindly attacking Trump.

Well, back to the OP. Here is what I wrote...
Trump snubs formal 9/11 ceremonies

He made a brief appearance at a firehouse.

Was that a blind attack on Trump? No. It was an honest comment reflecting what an absolute crass person he really is. I didn't tell him to snub the formal 9/11 ceremonies. He did that all on his own for his own reasons.

You get upset when people point out what a bad person Trump is. You get upset when people point out the ****ty things he does. You get upset at the people who point out how crass and ****ty Trump is.

Maybe you should step back and recognize that it isn't people's comments about Trump that make him look bad, it's his actions that make him look bad. Put the blame where it belongs.

Last edited:

ecco

Veteran Member
Quite a bit of hypocrisy is reflected in your list.

For example, you criticize the infrastructure bills which will cost 4.5 trillion dollars. Did you criticize Trump's tax cut that gave businesses and the wealthy 5.5 Trillion dollars?

Source: Tax Cut and Spending Bill Could Cost $5.5 Trillion Through 2029

Trump's business tax cuts enabled companies to buy back their outstanding stock and raise exec pays.

Biden's bills will put millions to work and fix roads and bridges and the internet.

I guess you must be a big company CEO who gets a helicopter ride to the office thereby avoiding crappy bridges and roads.

ecco

Veteran Member

Quite a bit of hypocrisy is reflected in your list. For example...
Does it bother you that Biden so often directly lies to the public and then refuses to take questions?

Trump lied more than 30,000 times in four years. No wonder we're still exhausted.
The public’s apathy and despair towards Trump’s lies, researchers point out, were by design: The attacks mirrored a Russian propaganda technique known as the “firehose of falsehood,” which is exactly what it sounds like—relentless, rapid, bogus information. As Mother Jones‘ Mark Follman wrote in October, “Trump is using the autocrat’s playbook. Vladimir Putin’s, to be specific.”

Now the Washington Post‘s Fact Checker team has finished its final catalog of the extent of the former president’s efforts to mislead and misinform us. According to its tally, Trump made more than 30,000 [30,573] “false or misleading” claims during his presidency. Half of those lies were told during his last year in office, according to the Post‘s database.
Citizen Trump continues the Big Lie about losing the election. In the latest version, he claims that the Arizona audit found he overwhelming won Arizona. It didn't.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
Well, back to the OP. Here is what I wrote...

Was that a blind attack on Trump? No. It was an honest comment reflecting what an absolute crass person he really is. I didn't tell him to snub the formal 9/11 ceremonies. He did that all on his own for his own reasons.

You get upset when people point out what a bad person Trump is. You get upset when people point out the ****ty things he does. You get upset at the people who point out how crass and ****ty Trump is.

Maybe you should step back and recognize that it isn't people's comments about Trump that make him look bad, it's his actions that make him look bad. Put the blame where it belongs.
In my experience, in conversations people tend to prefer to attack the person who points out a bad situation, rather than commenting on the situation itself, as if it was that person's fault that things are bad.

We see a similar reaction when people point out bigotry - the assertion that it happened is often considered far more shocking than the actual bigotry happening.