• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump snubs formal 9/11 ceremonies

esmith

Veteran Member
What's the embarassment he is talking about?
Senator Menendez
"In implementing this flawed plan, I am disappointed that the Biden administration clearly did not accurately assess the implications of a rapid U.S. withdrawal. We are now witnessing the horrifying results of many years of policy and intelligence failures,” (my emphasis)

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
It means Bush hates Trump and what his reasons are don’t interest me.
Nope, he doesn't, and you're wrong.

Look at you ascribing motives to me that aren’t there. An enemy? Seems like projection to me.
Why else would you refuse to explain yourself? You seem like a smart cookie, so I don't think it's because you aren't able to explain yourself. Which leaves as the only option that you don't want to explain your reasoning to me.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
Senator Menendez
"In implementing this flawed plan, I am disappointed that the Biden administration clearly did not accurately assess the implications of a rapid U.S. withdrawal. We are now witnessing the horrifying results of many years of policy and intelligence failures,” (my emphasis)
But Trump was the guy who initially wanted to withdraw, why would he now be embarassed over it?

ecco

Veteran Member
“This was supposed to be a day of victory. Now it is a day of embarrassment. How do you have this happen?”
Is he wrong?
Yes, he is completely wrong.

Where in the world is a day of remembrance a day of victory? On 9/11 the terrorists were the ones who were victorious. Over three thousand Americans, including many first responders who tried to help, died.

For Americans, it is not a day of victory nor a day of embarrassment.

The embarrassments were Trump snubbing all official ceremonies and opening his mouth.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
That "firehouse" is the 17th Precinct station house in East Midtown where a collection of first responders were gathered.

As for the memorial event...
“It is very depressing,” Trump told Fox News Friday of his feelings on the anniversary. “This was supposed to be a day of victory. Now it is a day of embarrassment. How do you have this happen?”​

Is he wrong?
Sometimes facing reality is embarrassing. Don't forget, the withdrawal from Afghanistan was his doing. He set it into motion and there really was no ending it. Some people criticized him for taking out too many people too soon. But sometimes one needs to swallow bad tasting medicine quickly. I do agree with him on the withdrawal. Too bad that he is not man enough to take his share of responsibility for what happened.

Ponder This

What's the embarrassment he is talking about?

I think he refers to Biden's Afghanistan Withdrawal Debacle. Perhaps, some people don't think it was an embarrassment... but it was the largest concession of military equipment in the history of the world, which is now, presumably in the hands of people the U.S. regards as terrorists (9/11 was a terrorist attack). Perhaps others can explain how Biden's Afghanistan Withdrawal was not an embarrassment?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Bush & Congress started a doomed war.
Obama spent 8 years violating his campaign promise to end it.
Trump spent 4 years merely getting started to end it.
Biden finally did it.
Biden not only did it, he done it right into the ground with his new bonus Taliban buddies.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I think he refers to Biden's Afghanistan Withdrawal Debacle. Perhaps, some people don't think it was an embarrassment... but it was the largest concession of military equipment in the history of the world, which is now, presumably in the hands of people the U.S. regards as terrorists (9/11 was a terrorist attack). Perhaps others can explain how Biden's Afghanistan Withdrawal was not an embarrassment?
Wait a second. Have you shown this to be "Biden's Afghanistan Withdrawal Debacle". As little as a week before it went pear shaped Trump was still claiming that it was his plan. Second it is not embarrassing because most of the material is just scrap metal. At best some vehicles may run, but without a firing system they are not very impressive.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
You mean the withdrawal that Trump himself initiated?
You know Donald Trump, former POTUS, who initiated peace talks with the Taliban? That guy?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Going to have to ding you on the last. Biden may have "did it" but he screwed the pooch doing so.
It's not at all clear that the job could've been done better.
Which of his critics has ended a 20 year long war, & had it go
swimmingly, eh? It would be like me dissing Simone Biles
for her Olympic performance....I gots nuthin better to offer.
So I keeps me trap shut, & enjoys the positive stuff.

Twilight Hue

I find the insinuations that Biden is friendly to
the Taliban unsupported agenda laden snark.
I don't.

No real American president would ever tolerate legitimizing a brutal and vicious terrorist organization as a government in any capacity.

Wait till this bumbling fool starts sending the Taliban taxpayers hard earned money to support their new regime to give them a proper 'start'.

I predict it's just a matter of time.

ecco

Veteran Member
No real American president would ever tolerate legitimizing a brutal and vicious terrorist organization as a government in any capacity.
But that definition, Donald Trump was not a "real American president" since he initiated talks with the future government of Afghanistan. He is also the person who signed a peace treaty with them (omitting Congress).

Twilight Hue

But that definition, Donald Trump was not a "real American president" since he initiated talks with the future government of Afghanistan. He is also the person who signed a peace treaty with them (omitting Congress).
I'd like to see the source in regards to any actual treaties that were signed. He might make a deal but a treaty sounds pretty far fetched.

Ponder This

You mean the withdrawal that Trump himself initiated?
You know Donald Trump, former POTUS, who initiated peace talks with the Taliban? That guy?

Absolutely yes, I mean the Doha deal Trump made whose conditions were not fulfilled, in particular the huge condition that the Afghanistan peace talks not fail! You know that agreement? But Biden decided that didn't matter. He (once again) deviated from Trump policy in dealing with the Taliban and decided to withdraw anyways (the manner of that withdrawal also being heavily criticized as botched). And (once again) when Biden's choices led to disaster, he blamed Trump. Absolutely pathetic.