• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump says Iran made ‘big mistake’ by taking down US drone

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Would you push the button that kills millions of innocents?
I think its clear at least a few would, as they seem to have no idea, understanding, or comprehension of the human toll such efforts will have. Over a petty slight they want to see communities torn apart and villages destroyed, places filled with thise who want nothing to do with it. Bomb them into submission? They already want it to stop but they dont really get much of a say. A war with Iran may very well turn Iran into a nuclear power. That is not something the world needs (especially and of most concern Isreal).

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Do we know where it went down?
Could the Iranians produce its wreckage?

Do you think that a military action might increase Trump's popularity? ...... help with the next election?

If so, hang on to your hat.
I don't know about the wreckage. And if it fell into the sea there would have been some drift. Watching the news on it the difference in where it was claimed to be did not appear to be very great.

And I would hope that the polling would indicate that invading Iran would not be a good thing. Trump does tend to live by the polls, even though he constantly denies them.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Let's say they did attack that way.
And that Iran retaliated by ending shipping in the area by sinking ships.
Would that be a useful exchange?

I'm invested in the Tesla electric car manufacturer company , a naval battle between the U.S. and Iran, I believe would increase oil prices as well as the value of my investment in Tesla.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Nobody gets killed from an EMP missile attack against Iran, and the same time, Iran's military weapons are rendered ineffective. What's there to hate about this?
You warhawks are leaving something out of your calculations, predicting an easy war.
When we and Iraq invaded Iran, Iran was a basket case. And it still went horribly wrong.
When we invaded Iraq, Iraq was a basket case. And it still went horribly wrong.

Iran, in 2019, is not a basket case. They've been under intense pressure for many years to plan defenses against the USA. They have a powerful ally in Russia, another in Syria, and a good deal of international support.

Believing that an attack will be easy and cheap is insane.
Tom

Cooky

Veteran Member
So you'd send pilots and crews in to danger, and risk terrible reprisals, while you sit safely?

We learn yet more about you.

According to your logic, there should be no military unless every man and woman is a part of it. Who will maintain the homeland and raise the children while everyone is gone?

This point, that seems too popular, is a bad argument.

Cooky

Veteran Member
We learned how weak the Iraqi's and Syrians are when they ran away. They're mostly cowards and giver-upers.

Last edited by a moderator:

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I say we quarantine Iran after the bombing sessions to prevent emigration.

...No running away. Fix your house like men.
You seriously believe that this is possible?

I honestly believe that what's going on here is Putin playing Trump. Putin wants Russia to be the dominant power in the middle east oil fields. He figured that Trump could easily be led into shooting America's foot off in some idiotic conflict with Iran, that's why he wanted Trump. Clinton is far more cold bloodedly calculating, helped negotiate the Iran peace deal, and probably wouldn't.
So Putin is getting closer to being the regional power.
Tom