• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump says he will ban TikTok through an executive action

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
well, it's the same way the feds caught Capone...not for all his crimes, but for not reporting his income...

Get caught spying and you're not on the registered spy list...well, that's much easier than all those troublesome details about spying coming out in court...

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
so, no federal executive agency can have engage in any dealings with TikTok's owners...because that's about the extent of an executive order...Now, it might also affect contractors who work for any federal agency...but I'd be very surprised if TikTok diappears from the US...

It's surely going to be challenged in court regardless of the scope of the ban, so I suspect you may be right.

And regardless, I think politically this is a silly move for him. Committed Trump supporters aren't going to care, but for undecided/fence-sitter/politically disengaged voters, how is this going to play? I can't possibly see it being interpreted favorably by most of that group.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Heh

I was kinda thinking the same thing.
I don't do social media, RF is the closest thing.
But now I kinda want to join Tiktok, whatever that is.
Tom

It's basically videos of people dancing and middle aged women throwing tantrums about wearing masks.