1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump Rally Day

Discussion in 'North American Politics' started by ecco, Jun 20, 2020.

1. ecco

ecco Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +8,102
    Religion:
    atheist
    Today is the Big Day. Trump's first rally since the beginning of the pandemic.

Just in: Six Trump Staffers working the rally site have tested positive for COVID19.

I hope this will not dissuade the tens of thousands of rabid Trump supporters from attending. I also hope they will respect Trump's leadership and show their undying(?) support by continuing to forego the wearing of masks.

2. tytlyf

tytlyf Thought Criminal

Ratings:
    +3,974
    Woohoo! Can't wait!
    They're already cramming people into the arena, sitting next to each other. lmao. This will be fun to watch. No social distancing and no masks. Then you have the conman spreading propaganda to those willing to accept it.

#2 tytlyf, Jun 20, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2020
  3. Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf Registered People sTabber

Ratings:
    +41,485
    Religion:
    God is in the Rain
    And in about two weeks there will be fewer Trump voters.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Shadow Wolf

Ratings:
    +41,485
    Religion:
    God is in the Rain
    I'm very furious at every single attendee who will be endangering all those people they will be relying on, such as food service workers, hotel workers, gas station attendants, and others who are now forced to share in that elevated risk.
    Good job, Trumperters! Your loyalty and devotion will be the sickness and death of people who aren't you.

• Like Like x 1
  5. beenherebeforeagain

beenherebeforeagain Rogue Animist
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +9,541
    Religion:
    Modern Animist
    That's not how cognitive dissonance works...

oh, unless you mean they start dying off...but even then, the survivors will double-down and win over more converts...

6. Shadow Wolf

Ratings:
    +41,485
    Religion:
    God is in the Rain
    I am referring to them dying off. Of course the rest will double down (except I don't think the supporters he has left can double down anymore than they have). But they'll be far less concerned about masks, distancing, and other preventative measures far less than protestors have been (I even anticipate flaunting and boasting about the disregard for safety).

7. Evangelicalhumanist

Evangelicalhumanist "Truth" isn't a thing...
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +18,432
    Religion:
    None.
    While I understand where you're coming from, let's not sink to wishing that people with whom we disagree get sick. That's not who we want to be, I hope.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. tytlyf

tytlyf Thought Criminal

Ratings:
    +3,974
    They don't care if they get sick. They think it's nothing and just like the flu. Anyways, they're covered in the "blood of Jesus" so they got that going for them

9. Shadow Wolf

Ratings:
    +41,485
    Religion:
    God is in the Rain
    It's not a hope or a wish but a fact it'll happen.

10. Evangelicalhumanist

Evangelicalhumanist "Truth" isn't a thing...
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +18,432
    Religion:
    None.
    I know that, of course. I just hope that we can govern ourselves enough to be faithful to our own humanity. It does not behoove us to wish ill upon others.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. sun rise

sun rise Śvāna Dharma
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +39,702
    Religion:
    Love/Omnism
    Schadenfreude is tempting. I just wish that they were required to wear something to indicate that they had been there so I could stay 36 feet away from them or someone they're close to.

• Like Like x 2
  12. fantome profane

fantome profane Real men protect woman’s rights.
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +11,132
    Doubling down, sure. As much as that is possible

But winning over more converts? I don’t see that happening. Really, I don’t see a lot of people saying “I didn’t vote for Trump last time, but he has done such a great job I am now convinced.”

And I don’t think the added bonus of getting covid and possibly dying will seal the deal for anyone.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Twilight Hue

Twilight Hue Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Ratings:
    +21,891
    Religion:
    Philosophical Buddhism
    Excellent they will all get antibodies and enjoy the next rally even more!

14. fantome profane

fantome profane Real men protect woman’s rights.
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +11,132
    That’ not how it works.

15. Daemon Sophic

Daemon Sophic Avatar in flux

Ratings:
    +4,059
    A percentage of the crowd will become infected, and a percentage of them will die because they attended the rally without thought to the virus.
    Those who were infected yet did not die will likely develop antibodies (although some of those might become chronic carriers).
    Then they, along with non-infected “survivors” will attend the next rally, where again the process is repeated.
    Its simply God’s way of saying that he doesn’t want tRump as POTUS.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. columbus

columbus yawn <ignore> yawn

Ratings:
    +16,287
    Religion:
    None
    This^^^
    If people who did risky things could be held responsible for the outcome, or at least identified, I'd care less. But you can't tell. And if they infect someone else the disease won't be traced back to them.

It's like drunk drivers who know that there aren't any cops and their insurance will cover whatever problems their behavior causes. There's no responsibility.
    Tom

17. Mitty

Mitty Active Member

Ratings:
    +129
    And perhaps they will be able to brag that they have helped Das Fuhrer Drumpf increase the number of new cases to back over 30,000 per day and increased the number of subsequent deaths to back over 2000 per day. United States Coronavirus: 2,330,324 Cases and 121,979 Deaths - Worldometer

18. beenherebeforeagain

beenherebeforeagain Rogue Animist
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +9,541
    Religion:
    Modern Animist
    Interesting...they are taking down the overflow stage as there weren't more than a couple hundred there.

Inside, lots of empty seats are visible, and the floor area in front of the stage is only partially filled...

19. Shadow Wolf

Ratings:
    +41,485
    Religion:
    God is in the Rain
    FYI, we still don't really know how immunity and resistance works with this thing. It looks like at best we'll naturally get a temporary boost in resistance to it (which does not mean immunity). Maybe. We aren't sure. It is also looking possible for people to get reinfected. Which means we can't use anti-bodies as a frontline/first resort defense and hope against covid. And sure, some of them will make it out just fine. Some will get extreme ill. Some will die. They might as well play Russian Roulette.

20. Mitty

Mitty Active Member

Ratings:
    +129
    And no wonder they don't want to waste their time listening to that incomprehensive drivel.