• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump orders declassification of documents.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Two important contextual words missing from that link; "Trump says"

Given the accuracy of anything else Trump says, I'll be sure to file this one under "rose fertiliser". Not to mention how terribly sad it would be to consider something like that your "crowning achievement"
Of course it would be Gawd awful to think the DOJ and Mr "McCarthyism" Mueller were so slimy and sleazy as to open an investigation with a "specific goal in mind" without having any proper cause to do so in the first case. Why that sounds a bit.. ..

Gestapo-ish.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Of course it would be Gawd awful to think the DOJ and Mr "McCarthyism" Mueller were so slimy and sleazy as to open an investigation with a "specific goal in mind" without having any proper cause to do so in the first case. Why that sounds a bit.. ..

Gestapo-ish.

Are you suggesting that we should object to (registered Republican) Mueller identifying criminals in the Trump orbit? That's McCarthyism to you?

And do you think that those of us that remember the Kenneth Starr inquisition that ambled from Whitewater to Paula Jones to Travelgate and finally found Monica Lewinski should object to any Republican president being treated the same way?

Or that those of us that watched the Republicans fruitlessly hound Hillary over Benghazi should mind even if we agreed that the Mueller investigation were a witch hunt?

Payback is a b*tch. Remember Flynn chanting, "Lock her up! Lock her up!"? Flynn will be in prison soon where he belongs.

Then the Democrats take the House and impeach Trump.

Twilight Hue

Are you suggesting that we should object to (registered Republican) Mueller identifying criminals in the Trump orbit? That's McCarthyism to you?

And do you think that those of us that remember the Kenneth Starr inquisition that ambled from Whitewater to Paula Jones to Travelgate and finally found Monica Lewinski should object to any Republican president being treated the same way?

Or that those of us that watched the Republicans fruitlessly hound Hillary over Benghazi should mind even if we agreed that the Mueller investigation were a witch hunt?

Payback is a b*tch. Remember Flynn chanting, "Lock her up! Lock her up!"? Flynn will be in prison soon where he belongs.

Then the Democrats take the House and impeach Trump.
I think we'll see soon enough. Let the disclosure commence.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member

Gestapo-ish.

Just for the sake of accuracy, Mr. Mueller did not open the investigation. Mr Rosenstein did.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Just what are they investigating? This whole thing isn't even worth the time and money. One would think they would have found stuff out by now. It's time to see it.

It's all geared to disrupt Trump while he's got a job to do with running the country.

I think the nation has a right to know what's been "found" so far if anything.
All the indictments and plea deals aren't enough for you?

I have to laugh to myself whenever I see someone claiming that nothing has been found so far. Yeah, if you disregard all the indictments and guilty pleas, there is nothing. o_O

Twilight Hue

Just for the sake of accuracy, Mr. Mueller did not open the investigation. Mr Rosenstein did.

Noted.

All the indictments and plea deals aren't enough for you?

I have to laugh to myself whenever I see someone claiming that nothing has been found so far. Yeah, if you disregard all the indictments and guilty pleas, there is nothing. o_O
Tell me if this is not the goal. ...

President Trump.

And has anything been found on Trump given he's the proverbial bullseye of the investigation?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Noted.

President Trump.

And has anything been found on Trump given he's the proverbial bullseye of the investigation?
I'd prefer you address the point. But oh well.

Trump made himself the "proverbial bullseye of the investigation." Because of course, everything has to be about him. Maybe it ends with him, maybe not. But to say there's nothing to see here is something of a stretch given the number of indictments and plea deals that have occurred with people who worked directly with Trump. Maybe you just think that's some big coincidence, I don't know.

And he himself every time he speaks/tweets/lies about aspects of the investigation. He's not nearly as bright as he thinks he is. If he were as intelligent as he thinks he is he'd shut up already, as his lawyers apparently keep telling him to do.

ecco

Veteran Member

President Trump.

OK. I'll tell you - That's not the goal.
According to WAPO:
What is Mueller
looking at?

By Rosalind S. Helderman, Tom Hamburger, Devlin Barrett, Matt Zapotosky and Chiqui EstebanMay 16, 2018
On May 17, 2017, the Justice Department appointed Robert S. Mueller III to serve as special counsel to oversee the ongoing FBI investigation of Russia’s effort to influence the 2016 presidential election and whether the Russian government coordinated with associates of Donald Trump.

Shad

Veteran Member

Gestapo-ish.

I vant to zee your papers!

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
OK. I'll tell you - That's not the goal.
According to WAPO:
What is Mueller
looking at?

By Rosalind S. Helderman, Tom Hamburger, Devlin Barrett, Matt Zapotosky and Chiqui EstebanMay 16, 2018
On May 17, 2017, the Justice Department appointed Robert S. Mueller III to serve as special counsel to oversee the ongoing FBI investigation of Russia’s effort to influence the 2016 presidential election and whether the Russian government coordinated with associates of Donald Trump.

Don't put facts in the persecution narrative.

ecco

Veteran Member
Closer to 2 minutes...once the potential parallel occured to me.
But thanx for timing me.
(I usually don't quantify such things.)
Uh, the post immediately preceding yours was posted Sept 20. Your post is from Dec 2. That's about 70+ days.