• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump offers assistance to Iran and North Korea with coronavirus

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Iran rejects offer from US 'charlatans' to help fight COVID-19

North Korea Says President Trump Sent Them a Letter Offering Coronavirus Cooperation

I saw these different stories in the news this morning, but it's interesting that Trump is reaching out to both countries and offering assistance. Iran has coldly rejected any offers of assistance, while North Korea seemed more measured in its response. North Korea has not reported a single case of coronavirus.

In a statement carried by the North’s official Korean Central News Agency, or KCNA, Kim’s sister and senior ruling party official, Kim Yo Jong, praised Trump for sending the letter at a time when “big difficulties and challenges lie ahead in the way of developing ties” between the countries.

In the letter, she said Trump explained his plan to “propel the relations between the two countries … and expressed his intent to render cooperation in the anti-epidemic work,” an apparent reference to the global coronavirus outbreak. She said her brother expressed his gratitude for Trump’s letter.

North Korea has repeatedly said there hasn’t been a single case of the coronavirus on its soil. Some foreign experts question that claim and say an outbreak in the North could cause a humanitarian disaster because of its poor medical infrastructure. Last month, the State Department expressed concerns about North Korea’s vulnerability to a potential coronavirus outbreak and said it was ready to support efforts by aid organizations to contain the spread of the illness in the North.

As for Iran, they consider the US offer to help "strange."

"Several times Americans have offered to help Iran to contain the virus ... You are accused of creating this virus. I do not know whether it is true, but it is strange that you want to help Iran," Khamenei said in a televised speech on Sunday (local time).

"Aside from the fact that you have shortages in your fight against the virus, what if you give us a drug that will help the virus to remain in Iran permanently?"

Khamenei, an anti-US hardliner, said the Islamic Republic had the capability to overcome "any kind of crisis and challenges, including the coronavirus outbreak".

"Our number one enemy is America. It is the most wicked, sinister enemy of Iran ... its leaders are charlatans," Khamenei said.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV

North Korea Says President Trump Sent Them a Letter Offering Coronavirus Cooperation

I saw these different stories in the news this morning, but it's interesting that Trump is reaching out to both countries and offering assistance. Iran has coldly rejected any offers of assistance, while North Korea seemed more measured in its response. North Korea has not reported a single case of coronavirus.

You are accused of creating this virus. I do not know whether it is true, but it is strange that you want to help Iran," Khamenei said in a televised speech on Sunday (local time).
Nice of Khamenei to say "I do not know whether it is true"

"Aside from the fact that you have shortages in your fight against the virus, what if you give us a drug that will help the virus to remain in Iran permanently?"
There is a lot to work on for the world leaders.
The sooner they start working on their issues the better

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What country is Trump the president of again? What kind of aid would he give those people? Medications? Tests? Money? It would undoubtedly be something that Americans don't have enough of.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I can't imagine why.
I can.
Consider the Iranian perspective....
- Trump makes empty promises.
- He violates agreements regularly.
- He faces re-election, & such an offer would boost his image.
- After re-election is in the bag, he'd have no reason to follow thru.
- With Trump having voided the nuclear agreement, & now imposing
sanctions on Iran, leaders would be loath to take charity from the
oppressor.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
You seem surprised to find out that most people don't trust Trump any further than they can throw his jet.

Why is that?
Tom

Dan From Smithville

Recently discovered my planet of origin.
Staff member
Premium Member

If only he would reach out to the United States with the same offer.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I hope you realize that my comment was facetious.
Politics have descended to the point that Poe's Law now applies to partisanship.

One cannot be sure that anything you learn on the internet is a sincere belief or not. It's everywhere.
Sanders supporters are voting for Trump to teach those darn Democrats a lesson!:coldsweat:
Tom

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Politics have descended to the point that Poe's Law now applies to partisanship.

One cannot be sure that anything you learn on the internet is a sincere belief or not. It's everywhere.
Sanders supporters are voting for Trump to teach those darn Democrats a lesson!:coldsweat:
Tom
Talk about cutting off their own noses to spite their own faces! How fracking idiotic.

Makes you wonder about leaving "democracy" in the hands of the people. :eek:

Terry Sampson

I'm stuck with Trump too!
And the rest of humanity!
Tom
Trump. like CV-19, will pass, just perhaps a little slower.
As for being stuck with the rest of humanity, ... look on the bright side: what with CV-19 and quarantining, the turnover rate may pick up.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
As for being stuck with the rest of humanity, ... look on the bright side: what with CV-19 and quarantining, the turnover rate may pick up.
Ya know,
If the yeast in a bottle of wine think about anything, they obviously think the same thing!
Tom

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
The consequences of Trump are not going away next year. Nor in four years.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I can.
Consider the Iranian perspective....
- Trump makes empty promises.
- He violates agreements regularly.
- He faces re-election, & such an offer would boost his image.
- After re-election is in the bag, he'd have no reason to follow thru.
- With Trump having voided the nuclear agreement, & now imposing
sanctions on Iran, leaders would be loath to take charity from the
oppressor.
If he really wanted to help, remove sanctions so Iran can get medical help and supplies without limit.

Oh, he did not do that? "Liar, liar, pants on fire"