• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump loses Arizona

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Trump Mocks Media for Reporting Arizona Audit Findings Before Release, Then Does the EXACT SAME THING (msn.com)

Nobody is more eager to read the findings of the Arizona electoral audit it seems than former President Donald Trump. And in a statement released Friday morning, he ridiculed “fake news media” for reporting overnight on leaked findings that reportedly confirm him as a loser in that crucial swing state.

But in a classic tactic of “do as I say and not as I do,” Trump criticized reports of “trying to ‘call it’ for Biden before actually looking at the facts” then did the very say thing by claiming the audit has “uncovered significant and undeniable evidence of FRAUD!” It’s almost like he’s just making stuff up that’s not rooted in reality?

Trump wrote via an email sent from his Save America PAC:

Huge findings in Arizona! However, the Fake News Media is already trying to “call it” again for Biden before actually looking at the facts—just like they did in November! The audit has uncovered significant and undeniable evidence of FRAUD! Until we know how and why this happened, our Elections will never be secure. This is a major criminal event and should be investigated by the Attorney General immediately. The Senate’s final report will be released today at 4:00PM ET. I have heard it is far different than that being reported by the Fake News Media.

Late Thursday night Trump sent a similar missive that touted the “highly respected” auditors, apparently unaware that the results had leaked the night before. It is possible that the report includes information that Trump will use to support his baseless claims on election fraud, though the results have twice been verified by Arizona authorities.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
Ok, but why try again in Texas, didn't Trump win Texas?

It continues the fraud narrative that simultaneously keeps the attention on him and he can fundraise from it while also giving a platform for voting restriction laws.

Last edited:

PureX

Veteran Member
I think the mistake people make is assuming Trump is just being an idiot. Sometimes that's the case, but he's working the system to his benefit.
"The system" adores him. He's the mascot for the greed and selfishness that "the system" is all about rewarding. He always has been. And our money-worshiping culture has been propping him up and fawning over him as the embodiment of the Richie Rich cartoon character for decades. He fails at every business he tries and the banks just throw more money at him. He lies and cheats and steals as a common business practice and we tout him as some sort of big business guru. He insults and assaults women because he knows he can, and we excuse it.

He is the outrageous ignoramus that he is because no one has ever made him not be. Instead, he's always being rewarded for it. And have done so his whole life. So it's not that Trump is clever, at all. He just lives in a culture that worships wealth, and he fell into the role of America's "Mr. Wealthy".

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
And he'll keep on this narrative as long as people pay attention to him and send him money.

I'll give him this, he knows how to munipulate the media.
Yes, that he does. I rather think we should ask the media we pay attention to why they are so easily manipulated. In fact, I'm beginning to think that may be one of the biggest questions we're going to need answered in the years ahead.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
"The system" adores him. He's the mascot for the greed and selfishness that "the system" is all about rewarding. He always has been. And our money-worshiping culture has been propping him up and fawning over him as the embodiment of the Richie Rich cartoon character for decades. He fails at every business he tries and the banks just throw more money at him. He lies and cheats and steals as a common business practice and we tout him as some sort of big business guru. He insults and assaults women because he knows he can, and we excuse it.

He is the outrageous ignoramus that he is because no one has ever made him not be. Instead, he's always being rewarded for it. And have done so his whole life. So it's not that Trump is clever, at all. He just lives in a culture that worships wealth, and he fell into the role of America's "Mr. Wealthy".
And what does all that tell you about how Americans choose their idols? Can't be good, in my view.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan

I don't disagree with Trump being an idiot in certain areas. But I do think he is clever in others. Disregarding him as simply a buffoon is easy; I do it myself quite a bit! But it's dangerous. The man managed to create his own little political cult and is continuing to be a focal point in the media.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I don't disagree with Trump being an idiot in certain areas. But I do think he is clever in others. Disregarding him as simply a buffoon is easy; I do it myself quite a bit! But it's dangerous. The man managed to create his own little political cult and is continuing to be a focal point in the media.
The question is whether he rose to power by simply doing
what comes naturally to him, or he executed a clever plan.
Remember that Pet Rocks became a sensation, yet the
rocks themselves never planned it out.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
And what does all that tell you about how Americans choose their idols? Can't be good, in my view.
It is no secret that people have always put outsized levels of trust in the wealthy and financially successful.

Recall that his primary claim to fame before the whole Birther thing was being the host of a TV show, which he got as a direct result of his previous ostentatious displays of his wealth. I would argue that it was this status as a wealthy celebrity that drew attention to him in the first place - who would have cared about the opinions of some random nobody, or their bid for the Presidency? I don't recall Vermin Supreme getting much air time on national television, and that guy had arguably put a more serious effort into his politics and his campaigning than Trump had at the point when he announced his candidacy.

Without his money and the fame and name recognition that came with it, I strongly doubt Trump would have been more than yet another crank on Twitter complaining about the Obama administration in 2005.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
The question is whether he rose to power by simply doing
what comes naturally to him, or he executed a clever plan.
Remember that Pet Rocks became a sensation, yet the
rocks themselves never planned it out.

I suppose like anything else it is a mix of both nature and decisions based on his perception of things.

He deliberately wooed the Evangelicals, used xenophobic rhetoric, and hinted at not accepting results both in 2016 and 2020, picking at fears of fraud.

Whatever the case is for the future of Trumpism (and it's looking as grim as a pet rock cemetery), he deliberately tapped into something strong enough to get him the presidency and all the craziness that has gone along with it.

I enjoy calling him a dullard and a clown as much as the next guy, but I can't ignore his success in winning the presidency against all odds, partially through his use of media.

Ponder This

LoL. The outcome of the audit can't change the outcome of the election. You can't win Arizona by auditing it's votes!

On the other hand, apparently, you can find that there were 17,322 duplicate votes and that ballots with blank signatures were stamped verified and approved and that the number of blank signatures thus approved increased by 25% after Nov 4 and through Nov 9.
Arizona Vote Auditors Raise Biden Total, Claim Numerous Anomalies

Nothing to see here folks, move along, we can pretend that the audit was just a recount that found more votes for Biden and fewer votes for Trump. Yup, that's why audits are done, isn't it? It's just a fancy recount, no? The Arizona State Legislature called for an audit so that they could prove Trump got more votes than Biden, right?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I suppose like anything else it is a mix of both nature and decisions based on his perception of things.

He deliberately wooed the Evangelicals, used xenophobic rhetoric, and hinted at not accepting results both in 2016 and 2020, picking at fears of fraud.

Whatever the case is for the future of Trumpism (and it's looking as grim as a pet rock cemetery), he deliberately tapped into something strong enough to get him the presidency and all the craziness that has gone along with it.

I enjoy calling him a dullard and a clown as much as the next guy, but I can't ignore his success in winning the presidency against all odds, partially through his use of media.
A window into the smarts vs Trump-just-being-Trump (TJBT)
is his management style. The first hint was his complete lack
of advance preparation for assuming office. Even Obama, an
inexperienced young pup followed the Reagan example of an
organized thoroughly planned transition. Trump did nothing
but wing it after inauguration. It did not go well.

Regiomontanus

Ματαιοδοξία ματαιοδοξιών! Όλα είναι ματαιοδοξία.
It continues the fraud narrative that simultaneously keep the attention on him and he can fundraise from it while also giving a platform for voting restriction laws.

Yep, he continues to make millions off of his gullible followers.

PureX

Veteran Member
Well, we've been inundated by commercial advertising for many decades now telling us we should have whatever we want (regardless of what it costs us) so by now a lot of us think this kind of selfishness is normal. "Greed makes the world go round", and though it shouldn't, now it does. And Trump is the poster-boy for it.