• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump lies yet again ... this saying that the N. Korea sanctions aren't being covered

Is Trump the most dishonest President?

• Yes

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters

Flame

Beware
They won't report it? o_O I've been hearing it everywhere. Maybe if he quits reading Breitbart then he'd notice.

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
It was on the front page of CNN, BBC, and my facebook page this morning! (The latter being the most important!)

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Bill Clinton was a pretty good liar as well and we could never know because for the most part Clinton hid his lying. Nobody that I know or read about was as open and blatant liar. I'm sure some of the past presidents where pretty good at lying.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Bill Clinton was a pretty good liar as well and we could never know because for the most part Clinton hid his lying. Nobody that I know or read about was as open and blatant liar. I'm sure some of the past presidents where pretty good at lying.
Clinton didn't lie on a daily basis like Trump, though.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Trump: 'Fake news media' won't report on North Korea sanctions

Is this the most dishonest President? I mean, in the past week he has lied publicly about 10 times. I can't think of any other President who lies as consistently as Trump.

Every President lies because they have to for your safety and the stability of the country. When we were five seconds from nuclear war not even one peep was murmured by any sitting President... Think about why that is, and realize it was for the ultimate good. If we always think we're on the verge of an apocalypse good things don't happen, people panic, the domestic front falls apart, etc. Panic isn't good for the country, even if it is something we should have panicked over.

I see no point to your vote though, you already know RF's leanings and what they will say beforehand. All that will happen is the confirmation bias of a small group of extremely left leaning folks will pander to their own tilted view of things. You guys need to find something to do other than to hate on Trump. The sore loser pity party as stale as all hell, grow up, and give the man a chance. Adults let people be different without throwing a freaking tantrum about it or trying to make people look bad over minor points of disagreement. Trump is a first time sitting elected official as well, some consideration should be given in that regard to be fair. The only thing stopping Trump is our Senate/Congress, so if you want something done have a talk with them. :D

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Every President lies because they have to for your safety and the stability of the country. When we were five seconds from nuclear war not even one peep was murmured by any sitting President... Think about why that is, and realize it was for the ultimate good. If we always think we're on the verge of an apocalypse good things don't happen, people panic, the domestic front falls apart, etc. Panic isn't good for the country, even if it is something we should have panicked over.

I see no point to your vote though, you already know RF's leanings and what they will say beforehand. All that will happen is the confirmation bias of a small group of extremely left leaning folks will pander to their own tilted view of things. You guys need to find something to do other than to hate on Trump. The sore loser pity party as stale as all hell, grow up, and give the man a chance. Adults let people be different without throwing a freaking tantrum about it or trying to make people look bad over minor points of disagreement. Trump is a first time sitting elected official as well, some consideration should be given in that regard to be fair. The only thing stopping Trump is our Senate/Congress, so if you want something done have a talk with them. :D
How does Trump lying about the news media covering the N. Korea sanctions help the country?

leibowde84

Veteran Member

Btw, at this point there isn't anyone who supports Trump that wasn't supporting him all along. I don't think he has won over a single person. So, the vast majority of "Trump haters" are not "far left". The left, center-left, center and center-right all hate trump at this point. About 30% of the country will never stop supporting him, but that is not a good number for Trump. The majority of this country are embarrassed by him.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Btw, at this point there isn't anyone who supports Trump that wasn't supporting him all along. I don't think he has won over a single person. So, the vast majority of "Trump haters" are not "far left". The left, center-left, center and center-right all hate trump at this point. About 30% of the country will never stop supporting him, but that is not a good number for Trump. The majority of this country are embarrassed by him.

I should append, of course, "within the small circle of people with completely similar views that you know.. " :D

Liberals aren't nice to people that don't agree with them for the most part, I don't know why, but it means you generally can count on the fact that your sampling on that data is erroneous at best and near complete self-deception at worst. You fail to realize that most people don't hang on Trump's every minor action, because those things are irrelevant in the big picture. If you spent as much effort trying to mend the bridges as you guys do spewing hate great things would happen, but I won't hold my breath. :D

If the majority means, "all the liberals or sorta liberals I know", the maybe you are accurate but I fail to believe most people are as hooked on politics as this and only care about major issues that personally affect them.

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk

1k5rzy.jpg

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Trump lies? Oh my. Oh my.

You people seriously need a special Trump rant section here. No lie.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Almost everyone lies from time to time. Politicians promises are a notch down (down is bad) from ordinary lying because they promise things that obviously won't happen. But often if you catch someone lying they're embarrassed or feel guilty about lying. Sociopaths like Trump are one step down from ordinary liars.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
If the majority means, "all the liberals or sorta liberals I know", the maybe you are accurate but I fail to believe most people are as hooked on politics as this and only care about major issues that personally affect them.
Trump got a lot more people into politics (we have to give him that). Both those that hated him and those who loved him started to come out. And, I think you would be surprised just how many people we are talking about.

Now, Trump has made the presidency into a reality TV show, creating entertaining, dramatic content. He uses Twitter as his main form of communication for crying out loud. Of course the masses will pay attention.
I should append, of course, "within the small circle of people with completely similar views that you know.. " :D
No, Trump has somewhere between a 33-37% approval rating, and even support amongst his supporters is starting to shrink a bit.

Liberals aren't nice to people that don't agree with them for the most part, I don't know why, but it means you generally can count on the fact that your sampling on that data is erroneous at best and near complete self-deception at worst. You fail to realize that most people don't hang on Trump's every minor action, because those things are irrelevant in the big picture. If you spent as much effort trying to mend the bridges as you guys do spewing hate great things would happen, but I won't hold my breath. :D
First of all, your first sentence here is patently false. The overwhelming majority of liberals are perfectly fine with people who don't agree with them. The same is true for Trump supporters. The problem is that the loud ones get on TV and and conservative media outlets, painting an unrealistic picture of both groups. If you are referring to the extreme left, a very small minority of those who reject Trump, you could say the same for the alt-right. Obviously using the extremes from either group to represent the whole is wholly unreasonable.

And, when it comes to people not hanging on Trump's every word. I think that was true in the beginning of the Presidency, because most people just wanted to give him a chance to clean up his act. But, he has just gone farther and farther with self-destructing tweets and actions. No president during my lifetime has actually made me feel embarrassed to be an American. He's a role model, whether he likes it or not. Our standing internationally is really important (whether you and Trump like to admit it or not). And, the divisiveness this President has increased exponentially in such a short time, it is already getting to a fevered pitch.

It does seem like Congress is turning on him too. I think the personal targeting of Sessions went too far for a lot of Republican senators. So, Trump is just going to get more frustrated. And, he will continue to act out in irrational, self-destructive ways.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
The White House has stated that tweets from Trump are official presidential communications. So, they are certainly official dishonesty.
I think any deleterious effects by the act of lying should be called out.

Has Trump actually caused any detriment aside from having his personal opinion critiqued for it's truthfulness or lack thereof?