• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump left No Plan

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
IOW, you can't say what, exactly, Trump did to accelerate the vaccine development.
"Can't"?
Dang, such presumption & hostility.
Would you like a piece of cheese?
The best you could do is link to an article from the CBC. The CBC?
What the *#%* is the CBC. Did you think that article was from the CDC?+
So try again, please tell us, in your own words, what Trump actually did.
You've never heard of them?
Really?
CBC News - Wikipedia
I offered the article to answer your question. It's in English,
has no paywall, isn't overly long, & addressed the issue.
I apologize for having taxed you too much.
Here's a sample excerpt....
As well, the U.S. government signed an agreement with Moderna
as part of the Warp Speed initiative committing to the purchase of
100 million doses once a vaccine was approved.
This commitment incentivized R&D spending.

Last edited:

ecco

Veteran Member
"Can't"?
Dang, such presumption & hostility.
Would you like a piece of cheese?
Yeah. CAN'T. You have no problems expressing yourself. You made a baseless over-generalized assertion, parroting the Trump playbook. When asked to explain exactly what Trump had done, you ducked. It's hard to explain something when there really isn't anything.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yeah. CAN'T. You have no problems expressing yourself. You made a baseless over-generalized assertion, parroting the Trump playbook. When asked to explain exactly what Trump had done, you ducked. It's hard to explain something when there really isn't anything.
You really need a piece of cheese.
I answered your query, & even provided a
source for your edification. Did you read it?

ecco

Veteran Member
You referred to a Canadian source? One has to wonder why.

So, by your own admission, Trump's Operation Warp Speed was nothing more than paying Moderna in advance for the vaccine.

It's too effin' bad that your genius didn't also pay 3M in advance for millions of face masks and encourage people to wear them.

It's too effin' bad that your genius didn't also invoke the Defense Production Act to get ventilators and face shields and other things that a well-thought-out policy would see as essential.

I'm really curious as to when you will stop trying desperately to defend the Great Orange Idiot.

Uh huh...

Fact-checking the battle for credit over Pfizer's vaccine announcement
Dr. Michael Mina, assistant professor of epidemiology at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, said he would "put the role of the US government low on the list" of what has helped Pfizer get to this positive preliminary result.

"Pfizer is a large enough company that in this case it was not the promise of purchase that enabled this early result and rapid acceleration of a vaccine. The global demand is such that with or without any sort of agreement to purchase vaccines, Pfizer would have very likely had the same path," Mina said in an email.
Maybe large drug companies, all around the world, recognized that there are 7 billion people that will need vaccines. THAT was/is the incentive to research a vaccine.

ecco

Veteran Member
1) It's main stream & not Trump friendly.
Acceptance was likely.
2) It answered your question.
Yes, I read it and I read your summary:

So, again...
Maybe large drug companies, all around the world, recognized that there are 7 billion people that will need vaccines. THAT was/is the incentive to research a vaccine.

From your linked article and your responses, the best you can say about Great Orange's "Operation Warp Speed" is that he had the Government prepay for some vaccines.

That's it! That's all he did. No, wait. He did a lot more. He asserted it would be over soon. He discouraged mask-wearing. He lied about anyone wanting a test could get one. He did nothing to ramp up domestic production of needed items like masks, ventilators, PPE clothing, etc.

But that's OK. We all understand your ongoing need to defend him.

ecco

Veteran Member
Just offering something to soothe the anger.
You mistake, or intentionally mislabel, my disdain for Trump and his supporters, as anger.

Would you like me to show the dictionary definitions of "anger" and "disdain" to help you?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Y We all understand your ongoing need to defend him.
The illiberal liberal....they cannot see a mixed
record...only the bad...what they need to see.
Reminds me of the MAGAs, who can only see
Trump as godlike. 2 peas in a pod....just have
opposing fanaticism.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You mistake, or intentionally mislabel, my disdain for Trump and his supporters, as anger.

Would you like me to show the dictionary definitions of "anger" and "disdain" to help you?
OIP.iUROY-_7u6vcFk5-sPmiXAHaE8

Watchmen

Premium Member
Ecco, you sound like a fool. Multiple posters answered your question multiple times. Eat some cheese. Stop the hate.

ecco

Veteran Member
Ecco, you sound like a fool. Multiple posters answered your question multiple times. Eat some cheese. Stop the hate.

What question did I ask that multiple posters answered?

Hate? Nah. Utter disdain for Trump and his supporters. If you don't understand the difference you may want to look in a mirror.

As far as "fool". I am not the one who was fooled by Trump's repeating for five years that if he lost it was because the election was rigged. Perhaps you were. I am not the one who believes the world is run by a bunch of Satanists. Perhaps you are.

ecco

Veteran Member
I'll ask you the same thing I asked @Revoltingest , in your own words, tell us what Trump actually did.
Operation Warp Speed.

I guess you do not understand what the phrase "in your own words" means. So, the best you can do to explain all the good things Trump did to control the pandemic is parrot "Operation Warp Speed". That makes another one who has been unable to say anything that "Operation Warp Speed" actually did other than prepay for some vaccines. As I already stated, the fact that there is the possibility to get a piece of the action of seven billion doses is a really good incentive.

But, common, I'd love to hear what you have to say. In your own words, tell us what "Operation Warp Speed" actually did.