• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump is shut out, while other hate preachers and killers continue on twitter without consequences!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Read the article carefully again. Then you will see where it is written, and what the tweets are.
I expanded upon this later, ie, that we have Fox's
inference rather than actual screen grabs.
Note: I am very suspicious of Fox News
speaking of Iran.

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
I often hear such claims, but haven't found it when looking for
verification. I note that the article doesn't offer any tweets.
And Fox's interpretation of them just might be colored by
they support for Trump, & his deep enmity for Iran.
Fair enough, but if such things can be proven, I am hopeful the same standard will be used going forward.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I think it is very strange that so many newspapers do not write about this.
This YouTube questions whether or not Big Tech should have such power. Imagine they can ban the US president, don't think for a second that we, the normal man stands any chance. I agree, that what they do now is really bad. But, I predict this will not get less. I believe this is planned from the beginning. And they will never stop it. They give us some "bread and play", brainwashing us with this new info, bur gradually pushing us in the "New Normal". Now, that we all accepted the US president to be banned, the sky is the limit for the Big Tech companies. We have given our soul away to the Devil being "Big Tech" companies. There will be no way back. Give narcissists 1 finger and they take you hand and your soul

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
This YouTube questions whether or not Big Tech should have such power. Imagine they can ban the US president, don't think for a second that we, the normal man stands any chance. I agree, that what they do now is really bad. But, I predict this will not get less. I believe this is planned from the beginning. And they will never stop it. They give us some "bread and play", brainwashing us with this new info, bur gradually pushing us in the "New Normal". Now, that we all accepted the US president to be banned, the sky is the limit for the Big Tech companies. We have given our soul away to the Devil being "Big Tech" companies. There will be no way back. Give narcissists 1 finger and they take you hand and your soul

The great thing about the internet is that Trump has the
right & capability to create his own venues for his speech.
What he doesn't have is the unlimited right to say whatever
he pleases on someone else's. His fomenting domestic
political violence is a reasonable basis for banning.

Note that RF is even more restricted than Twitter & Facebook.
Trump would've been banned even earlier for his posting bad
info about Covid.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
No but I think it's very strange of Twitter. Weren't they against hatred and violence?

And why are so many newspapers not writing about this? Weren't they against hatred and violence too?
They are against harmful lies. Trump's lies led to the deaths of at least five people. How many lies has the Ayatollah posted that cost people's lives?

stvdv

The great thing about the internet is that Trump has the
right & capability to create his own venues for his speech.
What he doesn't have is the unlimited right to say whatever
he pleases on someone else's. His fomenting domestic
political violence is a reasonable basis for banning.

Note that RF is even more restricted than Twitter & Facebook.
Trump would've been banned even earlier for his posting bad
info about Covid.
There are 2 things playing here that I see:
1) Granting Big Tech too much power
2) Restricting people like Trump expressing themselves in a way harmful for others

IF you would ask me, I would not say no to ban sarcasm, as it is harmful too
And it would be great to implement the RF Rules too on all social Media

But I am more worried about Granting Big Tech too much power

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
There are 2 things playing here that I see:
1) Granting Big Tech too much power
2) Restricting people like Trump expressing themselves in a way harmful for others

IF you would ask me, I would not say no to ban sarcasm, as it is harmful too
And it would be great to implement the RF Rules too on all social Media

But I am more worried about Granting Big Tech too much power
Fortunately, Big Tech is a bunch of companies.
And competition continually nips at their heels.
Trump isn't denied a platform....he's denied
some platforms.

stvdv

How many lies has the Ayatollah posted that cost people's lives?
You/we probably will never know

But I don't believe that Trump is the only one with dangerous posts
What about Islamic extremists writing "kill the unbelievers drawing Muhammad" etc.etc.

But it's good to know that it's a piece of cake for social media to erase whatever they want in a very short time

A few month ago I googled on Biden, son, sex. Oh my God, I got so many hits
Today I thought, let's try it again, how much is left, now Biden is chosen
Surprise, all the links were vanished, I could not find anything anymore
But allegedly all these videos seem to have been uploaded in China
China does not seem to have a ban on US president stuff

stvdv

Fortunately, Big Tech is a bunch of companies.
And competition continually nips at their heels.
Trump isn't denied a platform....he's denied
some platforms.
This was phase 1 (only 12 platforms)
Next step could be total internet ban

The thing is "who is checking Big Tech"?
I don't trust Big Pharma nor Big Tech
I only trust Big Ben

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
This was phase 1 (only 12 platforms)
Next step could be total internet ban
Is it next?
I wouldn't assume that.
It depends largely on The Donald.
Will he call for more sedition?
That would mean more bannings?
But it would also be appropriate.
The think is "who is checking Big Tech"?
I don't trust Big Pharma nor Big Tech
I only trust Big Ben
I trust the federal government less.
Heaven forbid that they get in the business
of actually requiring platforms to involuntarily
post calls for insurrection.

And once again, Trump could create his
own platform. He has the money.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You/we probably will never know

But I don't believe that Trump is the only one with dangerous posts
What about Islamic extremists writing "kill the unbelievers drawing Muhammad" etc.etc.

But it's good to know that it's a piece of cake for social media to erase whatever they want in a very short time

A few month ago I googled on Biden, son, sex. Oh my God, I got so many hits
Today I thought, let's try it again, how much is left, now Biden is chosen
Surprise, all the links were vanished, I could not find anything anymore
But allegedly all these videos seem to have been uploaded in China
China does not seem to have a ban on US president stuff
Do you have examples of this? Quoting the Quran does not help you since by that standard you would have to ban all Christians too.

As to your search, perhaps your terms changed. Or perhaps they were merely bogus claims and they disappeared. One thing that people do not understand is that hits in an internet search do not qualify as evidence.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
In my opinion, social media platforms need to be regulated and the first order of business should be holding them to their own terms of service combined with making sure they are applying their terms of service across the board evenly to everyone, rather than applying them to some people or groups and not to others.

As for Fox complaining that social media platforms have one standard for some, and a different standard for others, I can only say that I have always been grateful to them for their 'fair and balanced' coverage of every person and group they 'report' on. Murdoch has done so much over the decades to set a sterling and shining standard for fairness and intellectual honesty that so many of us Americans nowadays aspire to live up to. A true benefactor of humanity, that man.

exchemist

Veteran Member
On Friday, Twitter decided that Donald Trump will lose his account and be locked out for life. The president then had over 75 million followers.

Now many are reacting to what they believe is double standards from Twitter. Fox News has created an article that focuses on the types who are allowed to write freely on Twitter. They have only a small selection of what they call "some of the world's most hateful and dangerous voices," but it is illustrative enough.

The list includes Iran's top leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, who operates completely freely on Twitter. He is an anti-Semitist and calls for the killing of Jews on twitter.

I think it is very strange that so many newspapers do not write about this.

Twitter bans Trump, but Iranian ayatollah, Louis Farrakhan, Chinese propagandists still active | Fox News
The point, surely, is that Trump has shown, last week, he has the power to threaten democracy itself, in the world pre-eminent democratic state.

That's in a different league from any of these other people.