• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump is our new president.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
That's a horrible plan, just to ignore things like corruption, hatred, the destruction of public education, the loss of healthcare, etc. Ignoring it, caring less, is exactly the wrong thing to do.
Every one of us voted and are politically active. We still ended up screwed from president all the way down to mayor due to the intellectual failures of our country.
I don't advocate ignoring anything.
One can still advocate for right, & fight wrong.
But just don't get so emotionally wrapped up in it.
Feeling down doesn't accomplish anything.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Many women enjoy being desired, touched, and certainly even aggressively pursued. I wouldn't even have my wife (of twenty years) if I wasn't alpha enough for her. If I talked and talked I'd have bored her right out the door. If you pay more attention to women than say, "your ****", then you learn what you need to win them. Some women are talkers, some women want action and prefer to be conquered.

Anyway, I find it strange that people always project their idea that sexual aggressiveness is non-consensual onto others. Many women enjoy that sort of thing...

Either you're misunderstanding me or you're purposely misrepresenting what I'm saying. There is nothing wrong with aggressiveness as long as it doesn't cross over into sexual harassment/assault. Clearly women who want to be perused and conquered in such a manner would signal their consent. Agressiveness isn't the issue, it's consent. Again, you can be an "alpha" without unwelcomely grabbing unwilling women

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
He can cheat on his wives all he wants, his own personal business -- between him and the parties involved. For all I know, his wives just let him do it with whoever he wants. It's not criminal unless you are convicted of something in a court of law, either. I mean, who doesn't know Trump is a womanizer? I think any "wife" would have to accept that, or even be into freaky threesomes in the first place. The morality of it is largely irrelevant to me, because I believe you are entitled to whatever arrangement you want and other considerations are irrelevant.

Again, if there are charges/arrests/etc then you're cooking with gas. There aren't.

Regardless of the legality, It's still a matter of honor, honesty, integrity, and trust, which are pretty damn important leadership traits.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Regardless of the legality, It's still a matter of honor, honesty, integrity, and trust, which are pretty damn important leadership traits.

I think one's sexual habits have little if anything to do with one's professional capability, provided it's not going on during office hours. I doubt what he is doing or has done is something that Melania doesn't know about, so... I'm not sure where trust, honesty, or anything else is breached.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Satanists tend to lean right-wing thanks to Anton LaVey's Ayn Rand fetish (not to mention him being buddies with neo-Nazis in the '80s). Go figure. :rolleyes:
That makes no sense, given that Rand would be the opposite of neo-Nazis.
On top of that, I don't know any Satanists who believe what they believe because of LaVey.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
That makes no sense, given that Rand would be the opposite of neo-Nazis.
On top of that, I don't know any Satanists who believe what they believe because of LaVey.
Most Satanists are introduced to Satanism through LaVey and the Satanic Bible. He plagiarized Ragnar Redbeard's Might is Right book in the Book of Satan section. That Might is Right book goes very well with fascist sympathies. Plus, he was close with people like Boyd Rice and Nikolas Schreck in the '80s, who were neo-Nazis during that time. LaVey appeared to be a self-hating Jew.

Satanism and the Far Right

There's also a few books that cover this topic:

Black Sun: Aryan Cults, Esoteric Nazism, and the Politics of Identity: Nicholas Goodrick-Clarke: 9780814731550: Amazon.com: Books
Gods of the Blood: The Pagan Revival and White Separatism: Mattias Gardell: 9780822330714: Amazon.com: Books
Art That Kills: A Panoramic Portrait of Aesthetic Terrorism 1984-2001: George Petros, Carlo McCormick: 9781840681659: Amazon.com: Books

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Most Satanists are introduced to Satanism through LaVey and the Satanic Bible. He plagiarized Ragnar Redbeard's Might is Right book in the Book of Satan section. That Might is Right book goes very well with fascist sympathies. Plus, he was close with people like Boyd Rice and Nikolas Schreck in the '80s, who were neo-Nazis during that time. LaVey appeared to be a self-hating Jew.

Black Sun: Aryan Cults, Esoteric Nazism, and the Politics of Identity: Nicholas Goodrick-Clarke: 9780814731550: Amazon.com: Books
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiG3t3X19HRAhXsy4MKHbe5BxQQFggiMAE&url=https://www.amazon.com/Gods-Blood-Pagan-Revival-Separatism/dp/0822330717&usg=AFQjCNF3M_Fhn6BqKLXsZ-MHNwj3WnUjxg&sig2=4nlQTGYRKafjiUSbeqI3oQ
Art That Kills: A Panoramic Portrait of Aesthetic Terrorism 1984-2001: George Petros, Carlo McCormick: 9781840681659: Amazon.com: Books
"Right" is a tricky word.
It can refer to economic liberty or authoritarianism.
How do you use it in this context?

To be introduced to Satanism by someone doesn't mean the newly minted Satanist adopts the views of that someone.
Have any surveys about Satanist beliefs in that regard?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
"Right" is a tricky word.
It can refer to economic liberty or authoritarianism.
How do you use it in this context?

To be introduced to Satanism by someone doesn't mean the newly minted Satanist adopts the views of that someone.
Have any surveys about Satanist beliefs in that regard?
No, I don't have any surveys on hand, but I have researched Satanism pretty thoroughly, was a Satanist, follow most of the leaders in the Satanic scene, read a lot about it, know a bunch of Satanists, know a lot about the aesthetic terrorist artistic movement, know a lot about neo-folk and black metal, etc. It's rare to find one that isn't influenced by LaVey or who isn't into "might is right" type of philosophy. Oh, and I was also a neo-Nazi for a time, during a self-hating period of my life.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member

Gods of the Blood: The Pagan Revival and White Separatism: Mattias Gardell: 9780822330714: Amazon.com: Books

Boyd Rice is married to a member of my old industrial band, Clavichord Jungle, she posts very domesticated conventional and left wing things on facebook, I'm friends with her, surprising. She's also Jewish.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
No, I don't have any surveys on hand, but I have researched Satanism pretty thoroughly, was a Satanist, follow most of the leaders in the Satanic scene, read a lot about it, know a bunch of Satanists, know a lot about the aesthetic terrorist artistic movement, know a lot about neo-folk and black metal, etc. It's rare to find one that isn't influenced by LaVey or who isn't into "might is right" type of philosophy. Oh, and I was also a neo-Nazi for a time, during a self-hating period of my life.
You sure do get around.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
OK...there's yet another meaning I hadn't thought of.

I guess if you go by-the-book... @Saint Frankenstein, @Revoltingest, @Luciferi Baphomet, @Adramelek @Lyndon

Might is Right was adopted by white power movements, and other fascists long after it was written. (I believe it was written somewhere around 1890, if memory doesn't fail me..) That's like saying Nietzsche was a Nazi because they adopted and mutilated a lot of his work. It was copied by LaVey because many of the premises follow the rule of nature, rather than some deluded good/evil moral relativity. The rule of nature is basically one of the fundamental concepts in Satanism, in that the natural order doesn't need to make excuses. That involves a lot of concepts from survival, necessity, desire, and viewing humanity as just another animal with similar needs.

Historically, Church of Satan didn't actively support stratification until nearly 1990 and it wasn't a part of the Satanic Bible. It was initially circulated in a inter-grotto document called, "Pentagonal Revisionism." I think mostly that LaVey had distributed this document because it was somewhat unclear, but fact remains, the word "stratification" doesn't even appear in the TSB. The concept remains popular in the organization, but if you only read The Satanic Bible you probably wouldn't know about it. :D

Also worth mentioning, is that the CoS supported LGBT from the very beginning which is sort of strange for fascists or right-leaning groups. :D It would be more accurate to say that the current incarnation of LaVey's Satanism (actually, shall we say Gilmore's?) supports stratification, notions of the ubermensch (inherited from Friedrich!), Lex Talonis, and meritocracy. Only these concepts are really at odds with the left, but I find it funny when groups like The Satanic Temple get involved with SJW actions and it's just completely against the base philosophy of atheistic Satanism. It's probably against the base philosophy of ANY Satanism, at least as I reckon it.

If we are to accurately represent most Satanists, I would say most of them lean non-authoritarian Libertarian or are SLIGHTLY right of center. Personal freedom ultimately is the most important thing to most Satanists and probably why they are involved in the first place. They throw the mental, and physical chains off their existence and seek to become the ultimate expressions of themselves.

Last edited: