• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump is a dangerous idiot

JJ50

I cannot understand how the US voted in that clown, Trump, who is making their country the laughing stock of the planet. That crazy guy is a very sick joke, and for the security of the world needs to be removed from office, by whatever means, as Trump is such a loose cannon.

Last edited:

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
I cannot understand how the US voted in that clown, Trump, who is making their country the laughing stock of the planet. That crazy guy is a very sick joke, and for the security of the world needs to be removed from office, by whatever means, as Trump is such a loose cannon.
Z5S4C8B.png

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
...who is making their country the laughing stock of the planet.

Hasn't America always been the laughing stock of the planet? I recall 30-40 years ago, they said Budweiser beer made us the laughing stock of the planet. There will always be something that people from other countries will pick on in order to bash America.

JJ50

Hasn't America always been the laughing stock of the planet? I recall 30-40 years ago, they said Budweiser beer made us the laughing stock of the planet. There will always be something that people from other countries will pick on in order to bash America.

Not in the way it is today with Trump as president, that guy even makes Richard Nixon look good!

Kangaroo Feathers

Laughing at your canoe-sex beer is good natured sibling like ribbing. Nervously laughing as your President engages in inflammatory international and domestic rhetoric, enables dangerous lunatics, and strips away environmental, social and personal safety nets is more like a mental defence mechanism of the disempowered and hopeless.

There's a subtle but important distinction.

Last edited:

Mindmaster

Premium Member

Doesn't seem like you live in the US, so why do you care? :D

Kangaroo Feathers

Doesn't seem like you live in the US, so why do you care? :D
Yeah, no way the largest industrialised economy effects anyone beyond its borders with its actions. The fact it has the world's largest military and a history of invading countries and destabilizing entire regions for questionable reasons is no cause of concern to any non American, either. Politicians outside America certainly don't take their cue from America about what's politically acceptable, or look to the US as an example to follow.

And there's absolutely no chance that any non American may have friends, family or other interests in America, or even just a generic concern about comon human decency or justice! Nope, no possible reason at all anyone not living in the US should care a bit about what happens there!

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Laughing at your canoe-sex beer is good natured sibling like ribbing. Nervously laughing as your President engages in inflammatory rhetoric, enables dangerous lunatics, and strips away environmental, social and personal safety nets is more like a mental defence mechanism of the disempowered and hopeless.

There's a subtle but important distinction.

Well, the quip about beer is just a single example. There have been more serious complaints about America long before Trump - and probably for good reason. Not that that gets Trump off the hook for anything that he's said or done, but I do find myself put off by insinuations that "America was absolutely perfect before Trump came along."

It's not so much about Trump himself, but it's obviously a case of historical amnesia and a wanton inability to recognize the serious problems facing America which partly led to his election in the first place. That's what I take issue with, since it indicates to me that no one has actually learned anything and that some people are more out of touch than they ever were.

No offense, but it does tend to irk me whenever people who aren't from America suggest that they know more about my country than those of us who have lived here all their lives (along with generations of family history). Of course, everyone has the right to say whatever they want about America, but whether they have the knowledge or the qualifications - that's a different story.

Kangaroo Feathers

Well, the quip about beer is just a single example. There have been more serious complaints about America long before Trump - and probably for good reason. Not that that gets Trump off the hook for anything that he's said or done, but I do find myself put off by insinuations that "America was absolutely perfect before Trump came along."

It's not so much about Trump himself, but it's obviously a case of historical amnesia and a wanton inability to recognize the serious problems facing America which partly led to his election in the first place. That's what I take issue with, since it indicates to me that no one has actually learned anything and that some people are more out of touch than they ever were.

No offense, but it does tend to irk me whenever people who aren't from America suggest that they know more about my country than those of us who have lived here all their lives (along with generations of family history). Of course, everyone has the right to say whatever they want about America, but whether they have the knowledge or the qualifications - that's a different story.
I don't know anyone who says America was perfect before Trump came along, although a. There's a lot of rose coloured reminiscing about Obama and b. An awful lot of Cold War era Western/free world boosterism still floating around.

Now sure, I acknowledge that most non-Americans don't know every single little thing going on there, and of course there are cultural differences that cause some misunderstandings about some stuff. Butcwhen you have a really serious problem, like Trump, "oh, you don't understand, you're not an American " holds less water.

Consider; you didn't need to be a German in 1935 to know Hitler was a serious problem. You didn't need to be Iraqi in 2000 to know Hussein was bad news, and today, while non Americans might not catch every subtle aspect of everything that's happening there, you don't need to be an American to see the general trends around Trump.

Last edited:

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
I do find myself put off by insinuations that "America was absolutely perfect before Trump came along."
You can rest easy on this point, I don’t think anyone is saying this.

I think those on the outside often have greater perspective than those who are in the centre of it all. Perhaps it would be wisest to consider all perspectives. People with a different view may see something you can’t see from where you are.

As the Scottish poet put it:
O wad some Pow'r the giftie gie us
To see oursels as ithers see us!

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member

Thirty or forty years ago we were clearly more respected than we are today. Respect for America plummeted under Bush, recovered somewhat under Obama, and has plummeted again under Trump. In fact, Trump has driven it lower than Bush did. You don't agree? Show me the international polling that contradicts what I said.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
...needs to be removed from office, by whatever means...

Although the US Constitution provides for removing a president from office by impeachment and conviction, it would be extremely risky to even try that with Trump. Impeachment by the House on any grounds -- no matter how fair and just -- would outrage his political base and shore them up. They'd become even more fanatical than they are today, and it's likely some of them would resort to domestic terrorism. Then again, the Republican controlled Senate would never convict even if the House impeached. So it would all be for the worse.

The only good way to remove him is by massive repudiation in an election.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member

Based on what I have seen of people whose IQs I actually know, Trump most resembles the folks I know whose IQs are around 95 or so. Intelligence is not his strength, and his relative lack of it probably accounts for his many business failures.

However, Trump has a huge advantage in that his personality appeals to certain kinds of people who -- apparently -- make up a large number of the American electorate. Those folks don't understand most people, but they understand Trump. Most likely, they are significantly like Trump in many personality traits. Trump is someone they can imagine themselves enjoying a beer with.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Although the US Constitution provides for removing a president from office by impeachment and conviction, it would be extremely risky to even try that with Trump. Impeachment by the House on any grounds -- no matter how fair and just -- would outrage his political base and shore them up.
As long as the truth comes out, publicly and clearly. Every fact about every back room deal, every money laundering scheme, every dirty deal laid bare. Then whatever happens happens.

wellwisher

America does influence the world. Over the past 30 years America influenced the world and made it dependent on a lopsided situation where America covered the tab for war and peace. Trump is more about a Dutch Treat approach. This will take some time to get used to. BUT in the end, a date has more control if she covers her own tab.

Paying the world tab, under Obama, for military, trade and human tragedy, became a way for middlemen in America and foreign counties, to scam and skim via the pretense of a giveaway. For example, giving Iran $billions in cash was way to money launder tax payer money under the guise of promoting world peace. Who deals in cash, nowadays, except the black market who wishes to hide its illegal activities. What percent did Kerry and Obama get and where is their golden parachute hidden now? Did Trump, by voiding the deal, cause Obama and Kerry to lose the golden parachute finder fee?

Trump is dealing with the black market global corruption by pulling the plug on the various international wash machines. Global warming was supposed to be an industrial size wash machine for international money laundering. The US was almost committed to $trillions in giveaways for climate related money laundering. Trump sent that wash machine back for a refund. Foreign leaders are upset since they were already picking out the curtains for their retirement homes. They use their own versions of fake news in the hopes of getting the scam back on track.

Why should the US pay for the United Nations only to have third world dictators lecture them on human rights? That rebellion was led by the leftist and used as a tool to shake down America. America is always guilty and has to pay. The world had become ungrateful guests who think it is up to the host to accommodate them. Trump owes hotels and knows how to deal with unruly guests in a polite way. You cover their tab for their stay, up to then, and ask them to leave. While middlemen use this guilt game as a pretense to skim and scam; swamp. The international left is besides itself, since these scams took decades to perfect and only years to undermine.