• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump Indicted. To be Arrested in Days.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
How can something not said be "easily read"?
I would say the way you phrased it can be "easily misread".The reason I say all that is because that wording is the way the right winger states it to suggest they found "nothing", when in fact that is not true. Considering I read it that way, because of that history, means its worth clarifying.

Something doesn't need to be stated explicitly, in order to be suggested. That is the meaning of the word connotation, or inferred, or implied, etc. Think of it like Trump saying likely saying "I never told them to storm the capital violently". Yet, all his other words clearly implied that they should. Words carry meaning beyond the words spoken, you know. I tend to be overly clear in my meanings, or at least try to be. Hence why my posts tend to be tomes. :)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I would say the way you phrased it can be....
I often fail to take into account that posts clearly
stating something will be mis-read by those who
want to infer something else. This requires
a disclaimer to deny all the various agenda laden
inferences possible. Hard to anticipate when
that's needed.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I think we need to stop thinking of him as the "former president". They have been after citizen Trump since the 70's. He has a long history of crimes he has been averting, enough to earn him the nickname Teflon Don. Trump has been on their radar before he was President, and after.

These are not manufactured crimes. Let's not forget, it was a grand jury who indicted him, not Alvan Bragg. And it will be a jury of his peers who will convict Citizen Trump, who happened to once be the POTUS. We complain about how rich white people escape the law? Why should we think that being POTUS is an escape from justice too? Becoming the Head of State in America should not become a "get out of jail free card".

And the truth of the matter about the "optics" of this to the world stage? I say holding him accountable sets the standard as it should be for the rest of the world. We believe in the rule of law - not cults of personality! To actually practice our system of government as it was set up to be followed by the founders of the United States of America, shows that no one is above the law. To not do anything against someone who is so flagrantly criminal, would be a stain upon Democracy everywhere.
As I said. I will wait for the actual charges to come up.

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
Geeze...way to entirely miss my advocating for Trump's prosecution.
Democratic apologists are indeed a narrowly focused bunch.
Let's see....8 pages into the thread and you were still going on and on with "what about Obama and Clinton". Again, following the whataboutism script to a T.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I said he's above the law.

He still is.

Indictments mean nothing. The trial does.
Indictments do mean something. It means he's being brought to trial, whereas previously he believed he could shoot someone on 5th avenue and get away with it. Not anymore, Donald. That's why this means something. Now it's up to a jury of his peers. But all I can say is just wait for Georgia. To quote one of the grand jurists there who has seen all the evidence they have against the lot of them, "It's gonna be massive. It's gonna be massive."

No, he's not going to get away with this anymore. I don't believe that. Politicians can spew their spew all day, but in a court of law, facts matter.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I said he's above the law.

He still is.

Indictments mean nothing. The trial does.
And you'll be overjoyed to learn that Ron DeSantis has gratuitously stated that Florida would NOT cooperate in any effort to extradite Trump to New York if he decides not to turn himself in.

It probably feels good to you to know that this is a Governor thumbing his nose at the legal system in the United States. Will you be happy when all the laws are down?

In Robert Bolt's A Man for All Seasons, when Will Roper accuses Thomas More of respecting man's law over God's, and that he, Roper, would tear down the laws to get at the Devil, More responds:

“And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned around on you--where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat? This country's planted thick with laws from coast to coast--man's laws, not God's--and if you cut them down...d'you really think you could stand upright in the winds that would blow then? Yes, I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake.”

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
The Clinton Campaign via the DNC paid a former British MI6 agent Christopher Steele to gather accusations from Russian intel agents that was presented as reliable evidence in Americas secret FISA courts to effectively spy on the Trump organization. The FBI suspected that the Russian intel was BS! When appearing before the FISA courts to mislead judges they forgot to mention that.
Steele did not say that this was some sort of "slam-dunk" but reported it to the CIA as a sort of heads-up.

BTW, before the Dems, the Pubs wanted to pay for his info, but that stopped once Trump got the nomination. Steele had a good reputation and had collaborated with our intelligence agencies on numerous occasions.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
And so it is with Teflon Don. American voters should not assume the Muller probe was a "witch hunt" or a hoax, or that it was found there was "no collusion", when in fact none of that has any basis in reality at all. It resulted in 34 indictments, guilty pleas and prison sentences!
Ah, you're confusing some here with actual facts, so shame on you! ;)

Heyo

Veteran Member
Indictments do mean something. It means he's being brought to trial, whereas previously he believed he could shoot someone on 5th avenue and get away with it. Not anymore, Donald. That's why this means something. Now it's up to a jury of his peers. But all I can say is just wait for Georgia. To quote one of the grand jurists there who has seen all the evidence they have against the lot of them, "It's gonna be massive. It's gonna be massive."

No, he's not going to get away with this anymore. I don't believe that. Politicians can spew their spew all day, but in a court of law, facts matter.
:eek:ptimistic:

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
Perhaps you misunderstand me.
I'm not saying it's OK for Presidents to commit crimes.
Instead, I want all of'm prosecuted when they have.
Clinton's several crimes were ignored.
Trump's lesser crimes are being prosecuted.
And his subversion is being ignored.
This whole history is a perversion of justice.
I agree, all politicians should be prosecuted when they commit crimes.

I am not sure his other bigger crimes are being ignored, just that this investigation by these prosecutors beat the others to the punch, so to speak. I am sure more indictments will follow.