• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump Indicted. To be Arrested in Days.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
You know that if found guilty there will be accusations that the Judge was political. I need to remind people of the Dover trial where a conservative judge that was put on the bench by George Bush ruled that what the Discovery Toot was pedaling was not science and that got endless butt hurt complaints by science deniers. If Trump is convicted we will hear the same .
I have no doubt that you're right.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
none of this is about real crimes of theft or murder, it’s political.
Is that why you call it political - because the charge isn't murder or theft? Is that what political means to you? To make that claim, presumably you also believe that the charges are trumped up and that there is no legitimate interest being pursued by this prosecution, even after a conviction. You're implying that the grand jury members were acting in bad faith as were the prosecutors who assembled and addressed it, but you cannot support that claim. The way Trump used the DOJ was political, but not the way Biden is. These House ****-show investigations were political, but not the J6 committee.
You hate Trump
Of course, but not because he's a Republican. It's because he's horrible human being that enriched himself while severely damaging America, and my sense of justice demands that he be prosecuted wherever a legal case against him can be made.
It’s a Pandora’s box that you guys opened and will live to regret.
This is the fruit of the late-Reagan Republican era, when Fox News and Rush Limbaugh appeared, and later Gingrich and the Moral Majority declaring war on Clinton and the left. I wanted Bush impeached in retaliation even before impeachable crimes were uncovered. And this is also the root of my attitude that I don't care what becomes of any of those people and offer them zero forbearance myself. Are you familiar with that term? It refers to tolerance of the loyal opposition, and recognizing their right to exist.

You see it in sports, when an athlete fails to deliberately break another's leg to win a game, because being an opponent doesn't necessarily mean being an enemy, and winning ought to not be at any cost. The Republicans haven't felt that way or dealt with the Democrats in decades, and won't ever again in our lifetimes it appears. They have attempted to trash every prominent Democrat since Bill Clinton - Gore, Kerry, Daschle, Reed, Hillary, Nancy, Barack, and Joe. They're a disease of the political system.

When asked why he chose impeachment over censure regarding Clinton, his answer was, "Because we can." That was the announcement of the end of forbearance for the Democrats, and the origin of my opinions now regarding doing whatever is possible to Trump, his coconspirators, and the party the supports him. Because we can. Don't misunderstand. I'm not saying that anything inappropriate is being done. I'm saying that nothing that damaged the Republicans would be inappropriate whatever it was.

And it seems that the Democrats have finally been awakened, and are beginning to recognize that the Republicans should be completely neutralized and excluded from governance if possible, not tolerated.
Like it or not prosecutions such as this are inevitably political.
Not because you say so.
80% of voters in NY city went for Clinton. An impartial grand jury is unlikely.
You know my answer. [1] I don't believe that and [2], even if I did, did you want me to object? Let's say that you are dead right, that this is nothing but a politically motivated stunt to damage Trump. OK.
They needed to lie to the FISA court!
See above.

Last edited:

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
It's because he's horrible human being that enriched himself while severely damaging America, and my sense of justice demands that he be prosecuted wherever a legal case against him can be made.
During the 2016 campaign, Trump and many of his followers kept chanting "Lock her up!" in reference to Hillary, and now they're whining because their messiah is under indictment, thus their utter hypocrisy is now available for everyone to see. As Stephen Hawking said not long before he died, Trump is "a demagogue who seems to appeal to the lowest common denominator,...”-- Stephen Hawking Angers Trump Supporters with Baffling Array of Long Words [please note that those are his words, not mine]

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
The problem I see is that Presidents (ex & otherwise)
evade prosecution by their status. Underlings don't
enjoy such impunity.
Why not go after him for insurrection & subversion?
Tis almost as though the prosecution wants to avoid
the real crimes...for whatever fear, I don't know.
So they go for small potatoes. Are they actually
seeking vengeance while simultaneously protecting
him from meatier charges?
I suspect it may be rooted in why they tend to get mobsters on lesser crimes. Mainly in that money crimes involve money and is far easier to demonstrate in court than he-said-she-said and subjective thoughts of what was meant. Insurrection charges probably haven't happened because he did actually did once say to peacefully protest, which makes it a beast in court despite the mountain of "go fight or you won't gave a country left" that saturated his speech. Add in the fact America tends to generally not hold people responsibily for the consequences of their words, it would require a prosecution strategy not seen before, one specifically tailored to fight Trump's own court strategies and one that would likely inevitable make America more congruent with speech laws of other Western countries (through established precedence for future cases). It will take that sort of argument.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I suspect it may be rooted in why they tend to get mobsters on lesser crimes. Mainly in that money crimes involve money and is far easier to demonstrate in court than he-said-she-said and subjective thoughts of what was meant. Insurrection charges probably haven't happened because he did actually did once say to peacefully protest, which makes it a beast in court despite the mountain of "go fight or you won't gave a country left" that saturated his speech. Add in the fact America tends to generally not hold people responsibily for the consequences of their words, it would require a prosecution strategy not seen before, one specifically tailored to fight Trump's own court strategies and one that would likely inevitable make America more congruent with speech laws of other Western countries (through established precedence for future cases). It will take that sort of argument.
Of course Trump can mount a defense against any charges.
But his words & deeds are quite incriminating.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Of course Trump can mount a defense against any charges.
But his words & deed are quite incriminating.
He can, but money crimes have taken down better criminals. Math is ultimately how we prove things, and numbers can't be intimidated or silenced.
As for insurrection, yeah, I really think they need to learn from mob cases because it won't be easy. He said to do it peacefully, ams from there what laws did he break? Was he being treasonous or an irresponsible bunghole like normal? Was it his fault or the fault of a rabid crowd? Even not mob related I know of more solid cases that have failed.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
He can, but money crimes have taken down better criminals. Math is ultimately how we prove things, and numbers can't be intimidated or silenced.
As for insurrection, yeah, I really think they need to learn from mob cases because it won't be easy. He said to do it peacefully, ams from there what laws did he break? Was he being treasonous or an irresponsible bunghole like normal? Was it his fault or the fault of a rabid crowd? Even not mob related I know of more solid cases that have failed.
I make no predictions about the outcome.

We Never Know

No Slack

It begins!

They might not be able to find him. Rumor has it that he is going into hiding as snoop dogs brother, snoop Don

IMG_20230401_011831.jpg

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Sorry if I overreacted.

BTW, what do you get your news from, if I may ask? I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

Wait a minute! :rolleyes:
Ha! Made me chuckle...

A few places, and I tend to hunt around a bit when there are particular stories of interest.
In terms of a news service, I favour The Conversation (The Conversation: In-depth analysis, research, news and ideas from leading academics and researchers.) although I use a range.
In terms of American politics, I listen to podcasts, with The Lost Debate being my most regular channel I would say (Lost Debate)