• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump Indicted. To be Arrested in Days.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Cue the Proud Boys et al for general mayhem.
Possibly so, but I wonder if the fact that all of the Jan 6 seditionists are serving prison sentences for Donald, if that might not cool that scene down a bit? Of course, there may be some yahoos looking for their excuse to go crazy. I somewhat suspect it won't be like before with his call to arms against the U.S. Government.

Speaking of which, I wonder if the D.O.J. will charge him with Treason? Now that the first charges have happened, I suspect the rest are soon to follow in quick sucession, burying him under a mountain of felony crimal charges.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
As much as I'd like to see Trump charged, tried, convicted, & sentenced
to prison, this all strikes me as pure politics. They're going after him for
paying hush money. Not even clear what the crime is. They should be
going after him for insurrection.
But Clinton wasn't prosecuted for certain perjury to a grand jury, &
suborning perjury. Let's go after both...send a message to these scoundrels.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Nonsense. The law is the law. Right? It doesn't apply to former presidents? And it's not for paying hush money. It's for lying about it what it was for and committing business fraud. Just wait till the actual charges come out. You can't just say it's about politics, when you don't know what the charges even are.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Just adding my thoughts right now, in a visual way.

df528d6c-b7b7-4c89-8bd8-8f53bbd4f98a.gif

Last edited:

Orbit

I'm a planet

The actual crime is misuse of campaign funds; it's a financial crime. I know we Americans tend to be tolerant of white collar crime, but we shouldn't be.

Heyo

Veteran Member
I understand the tu quoque. And as I said in a former post, high positioned politicians get away with one or two crimes. But Trump is a habitual criminal. At one point the line has to be drawn. And the damage to the reputation is less with Trump convicted than with the notion that the law is toothless in the US. And the danger that future presidents will take Trump as a role model.

Colt

It’s political and sets a precedent. The Biden crime family will be next! What a terrible mistake!

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
I pointed out in the other thread that Trump's case bears a lot of similarities to the John Edwards case...covering up hush money paid to hide an affair, and subverting campaign finance laws to do it.

F1fan

Veteran Member
The rule of law applies to all.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Nope. Will never happen.

Trump is above the law.
If you believe that, then you really don't even believe in the law. Or your Constitution. Only a monarch can be above the law, because, as Goneril said in King Lear, "The laws are mine, not thine. Who can arraign me for 't?" Your Constitution says that America has no King. Why do you want one?

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
Cue the Proud Boys et al for general mayhem.
I dunno....the PB's were created as a street-fighting group as a counter to ANTIFA. I'm not sure what specifically the PB's would target or how they would do so, unless they evolve into a true domestic terror group. Some of the militias on the other hand.....

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
If you believe that, then you really don't even believe in the law. Or your Constitution. Only a monarch can be above the law, because, as Goneril said in King Lear, "The laws are mine, not thine. Who can arraign me for 't?" Your Constitution says that America has no King. Why do you want one?
It's more like realizing the actual reality of the way things are rather than the continual platitudes people get fed and the subsequent excuses following as to why it did not come to pass.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Nope. Will never happen.

Trump is above the law.
Well, they do call him Teflon Don for a reason. But you know, mob bosses eventually run out of luck. I think that Don's luck has just run out. He pushed just a bit too far this time with everything he has been doing with seeming impunity.

This is Don's first, and certainly not to be, his last arrest.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Dammit...I agree.

This is really starting to get me down, now...

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Well, they do call him Teflon Don for a reason. But you know, mob bosses eventually run out of luck. I think that Don's luck has just run out. He pushed just a bit too far this time with everything he has been doing with seeming impunity.
Even if he does get 'arrested' meaning he will never see handcuffs and jail time , there is still a formal trial for which "innocent until proven guilty" exists, albiet the modern day template is more along "guilty until proven innocent" if the postings here are any indication of it in the court of public opinion.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Nonsense. The law is the law. Right? It doesn't apply to former presidents? And it's not for paying hush money. It's for lying about it what it was for and committing business fraud. Just wait till the actual charges come out. You can't just say it's about politics, when you don't know what the charges even are.

I'll watch with interest, but I'm way more concerned about his attempts to vote rig in Georgia than this, in terms of the safety of your democracy.

And 'discretion' is exercised by the law all the time.

Just my take. I intensely dislike Trump, I can't help but wonder if others do too, and it drives these things.