• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump: "I Will Protect Our LGBTQ Citizens'

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
Well, how about that...

Despite an RNC platform that is overwhelmingly anti-gay, Donald Trump in his speech on Thursday mentioned the Orlando massacre and said that he "will do everything in my power to protect our LGBTQ citizens from the violence and oppression of the hateful, foreign ideology, believe me," in reference to fundamentalist Islamic.

Source

Kuzcotopia

If you can read this, you are as lucky as I am.
Good for Trump! A conservative president who doesn't owe a damn thing to evangelicals. . . this is a very good thing I can support.

buddhist

He would have earned more of my respect if he had stated that he "will do everything in my power to protect ALL Americans from the violence and oppression of the hateful, foreign ideology"

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
He would have earned more of my respect if he had stated that he "will do everything in my power to protect ALL Americans from the violence and oppression of the hateful, foreign ideology"
Didn't you vote for him?

When someone says they will protect *insert name of minority community* that has suffered from discrimination, you can save yourself from self-righteous indignation by remembering that there is a very obvious but implicit "as well" at the end of the sentence.

No need to panic, the police will still come to your aid even if you aren't wearing assless chaps.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I don't remember him ever even pretending that.
Convincingly.
Tom

Acim

Revelation all the time
Phew! I really hope President Trump will be the first POTUS to address my B concerns. Maybe he could address the ongoing bias I experience from the L and G communities. Fingers crossed!

buddhist

When someone says they will protect *insert name of minority community* that has suffered from discrimination, you can save yourself from self-righteous indignation by remembering that there is a very obvious but implicit "as well" at the end of the sentence.

No need to panic, the police will still come to your aid even if you aren't wearing assless chaps.
I try to not add "implied" conjectures to other peoples' statements.