• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump hails Arizona Senate for audit at Phoenix rally, slams governor

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Trump hails Arizona Senate for audit at Phoenix rally, slams governor (msn.com)

Former President Trump on Saturday hailed the Arizona state Senate for its ongoing audit of the 2020 election in Maricopa County during a rally in Phoenix, while taking shots at Gov. Doug Ducey (R).

They're calling it the "Rally for Election Integrity"

Speaking to a crowd of supporters at the event dubbed the "Rally for Election Integrity," Trump began by thanking the "brave and unyielding conservative warriors in the Arizona State Senate" for forging ahead with the audit.

The former president recognized the appearance of several GOP state senators, particularly thanking Arizona Senate President Karen Fann (R), who has overseen the effort that began in December.

Trump then acknowledged several GOP senators that were in the crowd. He then praised Arizona Republican Party Chairwoman Kelli Ward as a "real fighter" before taking his first jab at Ducey.

"Republican Party Chairwoman - somebody that has tremendous courage," Trump said of Ward.

"She's really a fighter and she fights your governor who doesn't do a damn thing," Trump said, referring to Ducey.

Trump then attacked Ducey for not being "very popular" at rallies.

"I introduce him and I wouldn't get much of an applause...and I kept saying you know this guy's not very popular. But now, you know what? He's not popular with me, either," Trump said.

The ongoing audit comes amid Trump's unsubstantiated claims that the 2020 presidential election was riddled with fraud.

President Biden was the first Democratic presidential candidate to win the Grand Canyon state since 1996, besting Trump by less than a percentage point.

The president also beat Trump in Maricopa County, the state's most populous region, by 2 percentage points in November.

Ducey first came under fire from Trump after certifying Biden's 2020 election victory in the state. In April, Trump chided Ducey for what he saw as insufficient support for the audit.

On Saturday, Trump maintained his baseless claims of voter fraud calling it the "greatest crime." He said that he hoped Arizona Attorney General Mark Brnovich (R) would take the audit's "findings' and "do what everyone knows has to be done."

"If he doesn't do that, It would be so sad," Trump said of Brnovich, who is running for Senate in 2022. "And your governor Doug Ducey he will be of no help to you."

From what I've heard, Brnovich doesn't want to touch this audit with a ten-foot pole. This could divide the Republican vote and be a boost to Mark Kelly's reelection bid.

On a side note, I've noticed that news organizations routinely put adjectives such as "baseless," "unsubstantiated," "unevidenced," etc. in front "claims about the 2020 election fraud." I don't think I've ever seen media organizations do something like that in the past. For example, when Bush was claiming there were WMDs in Iraq, the media didn't use that kind of language or tone. They might have called them "allegations," but they didn't use words like "baseless" or "without evidence" on a regular basis. Perhaps if they had, we might have avoided war.

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
Arizona GOP audit director barred from recount after sharing data supporting Trump loss

The Republican overseeing the controversial GOP-backed election audit in Arizona has reportedly been banned from entering the building where the recount process is ongoing, after he shared some data with experts that showed the results match the officially certified numbers in Maricopa County.

The Arizona Republic reported on Friday evening that Ken Bennett, Arizona's former Secretary of State who has been described as the audit's "director," was barred from entering the building on the state fairgrounds where the audit is moving forward. The newspaper reported that Bennett had shared some of the audit data with outside experts showing that the ballot recount was tracking "very closely" with Maricopa County's certified results.

As was evident from the start, this never was an "audit" (AZ had already audited their 2020 election), it's a fishing expedition.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
With the way the dems have been carrying on and catarwailing now over Trump, I'm starting to wonder what they got to hide that it's just so important to stop the audits?

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
With the way the dems have been carrying on and catarwailing now over Trump, I'm starting to wonder what they got to hide that it's just so important to stop the audits?
Are you even paying attention? AZ had already audited their results.

ecco

Veteran Member
when Bush was claiming there were WMDs in Iraq, the media didn't use that kind of language or tone. They might have called them "allegations," but they didn't use words like "baseless" or "without evidence" on a regular basis. Perhaps if they had, we might have avoided war.
If Memory Serves...
The timeline for Trump casting doubt on the 2020 election began back in July of 2020. He ramped it up on the night of the election and has been riding the train ever since.

If Memory Serves...
There was very little time (if any) between when the public knew of Bush's (and Powell's) Big Lie and the vote to invade.

If Memory Serves...
That Big Lie was not confirmed to be a lie until well after the invasion.

ecco

Veteran Member
Still waiting for the Kraken to be unleashed after this audit.

My red emphases...
Arizona election officials have only found 182 cases of potential fraud out of over 3 million votes
Natalie Musumeci and Charles Davis
Jul 16, 2021, 4:38 PM
Election officials in Arizona have only found 182 cases of potential voter fraud out of more than 3 million ballots cast in the 2020 election, the Associated Press reported Friday.
According to the AP, of the 182 potential cases of fraud, only four have had enough evidence for authorities to pursue charges. No one has been convicted.

President Joe Biden won Arizona by more than 10,000 votes.
When the audit is completed and the results (like the above) are published, the Arizona Senate will realize that they should have chosen an organization with more election fraud detection experience. Therefore, they will vet and hire a more competent company that will surely find 11,000 votes for Der Donald.

Arizonans are a tough bunch. Their motto is "If at first you don't succeed, try, try again". Sooner or later they will find those 11,000 votes.

ecco

Veteran Member

Who is trying to stop the audits? Maybe the Republicans need to stop the audit before Ninjas publishes their results showing No Big Lie Fraud. What could they do afterward? Oh, I already addressed that. See post # 10.

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Who is trying to stop the audits? Maybe the Republicans need to stop the audit before Ninjas publishes their results showing No Big Lie Fraud. What could they do afterward? Oh, I already addressed that. See post # 10.
Then what is all the catarwailing about?

Yerda

Veteran Member
They're calling it the "Rally for Election Integrity"
Haha!

The Ministry of Peace concerns itself with war, the Ministry of Truth with lies, the Ministry of Love with torture and the Ministry of Plenty with starvation. These contradictions are not accidental, nor do they result from ordinary hypocrisy: they are deliberate exercises in doublethink...

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
Over the last week or so I've been going to a right-wing Christian board and reading through their thread that was dedicated to the 2020 presidential election. Several things were just fascinating to watch....

1) The number of times someone would post nothing more than an empty claim (e.g., "thousands of dead people voted in PA") with absolutely no supporting evidence, link, or anything else, and two or three pages later it would become common knowledge that everyone just knew was true;

2) The amount of failed predictions, prophecies, and such. Lots of prophecies that Trump would win, then when became apparent that he didn't, lots of predictions that the SCOTUS would overturn the results. Lots of predictions that Biden would never be sworn in. Lots of predictions that Biden would be replaced by VP Harris within a month;

3) Conspiracy theories and such that were all over the map. My favorite was the Infowars claim that Trump's people knew ahead of time that all the "legitimate" ballots had invisible watermarks and any day now the fake ballots (those without the watermarks) would be exposed and Trump declared the winner;

4) And overall, I was struck by the emotional roller coaster ride these people were on. Excitement pre-election, followed by anxiety as the votes were counted, and then a mix of anger and dejection once Biden was declared the winner. But then it just got worse.....the recounts would show Trump won (they didn't).....the audits would reveal the fake ballots (didn't happen)....the public hearings would turn public opinion in favor of Trump's claims about fraud (they didn't)....the myriad of lawsuits would overturn the results (they didn't)....the "Kraken" lawsuit would be the ultimate game-changer (it was a flop)....SCOTUS would hear the multistate suit and declare Trump the winner (didn't happen).....the states won't certify their results (they did)....Congress will reject the electoral votes (they didn't)....Pence will refuse to count the electoral votes (he didn't).......

Each one of those followed the same pattern I describe above, of giddy anticipation, followed by disappointment, anger, frustration, and demoralization. And each time they'd just about gotten over the latest disappointment, a new one would pop up and the process would start all over again.

To me, that has to be exhausting! Also, I kept wondering why none of them ever once seemed to step back, take stock, and ask themselves, "Why am I still believing these people when everything they've promised up to this point hasn't come to be?"

It's bizarre and makes me wonder....is that cult-like? It certainly seems that way to me.

Wandering Monk

If Memory Serves...
The timeline for Trump casting doubt on the 2020 election began back in July of 2020. He ramped it up on the night of the election and has been riding the train ever since.

If Memory Serves...
There was very little time (if any) between when the public knew of Bush's (and Powell's) Big Lie and the vote to invade.

If Memory Serves...
That Big Lie was not confirmed to be a lie until well after the invasion.

Hell, in 2016 he said that if he lost, it would be because it was stolen. This is his M.O.

The guy is incapable of saying 'I lost.' He can say 'I didn't win' but not 'I lost', for some reason. There has to be a past psychological trauma there somehow.

ecco

Veteran Member
To me, that has to be exhausting! Also, I kept wondering why none of them ever once seemed to step back, take stock, and ask themselves, "Why am I still believing these people when everything they've promised up to this point hasn't come to be?"
It's bizarre and makes me wonder....is that cult-like? It certainly seems that way to me.

It sounds like a really interesting site. Was there a lot of talk about the vote reversal that was coming in august?

Jehovah's Witnesses was founded on the basis that the End of Times was coming on such and such a date. When such and such date came and went, a new date was prophecized. And then another. Each time the faithful just took it in stride and nodded their heads obligingly when the reasons for the missed dates were explained by the leaders.

The stupidity of humans proves we are the result of evolution and not of any GodCreation. No decent god would create such a bunch of ignoramuses.

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
It sounds like a really interesting site. Was there a lot of talk about the vote reversal that was coming in august?
The thread I read shut down Jan. 20, 2021. Also, the sub-forum has become rather dead, which makes me wonder if some of them were among the Jan. 6 insurrectionists, have succumb to COVID, just gave up, or a combination of all of those things.

But there is still two or three people posting there predicting a Trump return in August, and one in particular is predicting a nuclear war this fall/winter. Of course the fact that none of their other predictions came to pass doesn't seem to register at all.

Jehovah's Witnesses was founded on the basis that the End of Times was coming on such and such a date. When such and such date came and went, a new date was prophecized. And then another. Each time the faithful just took it in stride and nodded their heads obligingly when the reasons for the missed dates were explained by the leaders.

The stupidity of humans proves we are the result of evolution and not of any GodCreation. No decent god would create such a bunch of ignoramuses.
Couldn't have said it better myself! :thumbsup:

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Well then. If that's the case, whats all the hubbub all about?

Exactly. There's no reason to complain about an audit of audited results unless you have something to hide.

It makes me suspicious, so I'm going to call for an audit of the audit of audited results. Long as people have nothing to hide, there's nothing to complain about.

And if they do complain, it suggests they have something to hide.