• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump family faces lawsuits seeking $250 million in penalties

Does Trump have a political future?

• Yes

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 60.0%

• Total voters

F1fan

Veteran Member
Former president Donald Trump and his three oldest children are facing lawsuits for insurance fraud, tax fraud, criminal financial violations over a ten year eriod from 2011 to 2021. These allegations are tied to fraud in valuating property for the sake of fraudulent loans and other financial benefits.

These allegations have been debated and predicted for many years, but the lawsuits have been filed. Trump's legal woes continue as he faces criminal charges in the US courts, and in Georgia.

Does anyone believe he has any political future?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Former president Donald Trump and his three oldest children are facing lawsuits for insurance fraud, tax fraud, criminal financial violations over a ten year eriod from 2011 to 2021. These allegations are tied to fraud in valuating property for the sake of fraudulent loans and other financial benefits.

These allegations have been debated and predicted for many years, but the lawsuits have been filed. Trump's legal woes continue as he faces criminal charges in the US courts, and in Georgia.

Does anyone believe he has any political future?
of course. but his future isn't as bright as it used to be. unfortunately his mouth writes checks that his butt can't cash.

even lawyers are leary of him because he reneges on their fees.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
It depends on what you mean by political future. This guy is going to be around for a little while longer, his influence will steadily decline but he still will have some fanatic followers. He will still have money to give to other campaigns if he ever decides to give it up.

But he is never going to hold any kind of political office again.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
A political future could unfold in a number of ways.
I think he's done winning an office.
But he'll have influence with his followers.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Apart from support from IQ=non I think the last supper is over for the orange Jesus as some call him,he can still humiliate his endorsements though,we’ll see but I would think and hope if there is any justice he will be behind bars if found guilty.

Mr Trump are you guilty in any of your 21 lawsuits,Mr Trump “I have done nothing wrong in any of them”.

upload_2022-9-21_18-42-47.png

F1fan

Veteran Member
It depends on what you mean by political future. This guy is going to be around for a little while longer, his influence will steadily decline but he still will have some fanatic followers. He will still have money to give to other campaigns if he ever decides to give it up.

But he is never going to hold any kind of political office again.
By political future I mean a successful political future I should’ve made that clear from the start. And with multiple criminal investigations, and now this civil lawsuit That has criminal referrals, it seems Trump is on the ropes politically.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Why do you think so?
He has no way to reach out to moderates, or even Republicans who are not already committed to him. He will not go on news outlets that are not already totally committed to him, even Fox News now is dangerous territory for him and he won't go on there. Talking to sycophants on NewsMax is not going to get the job done for him. He has already stated that there will be no debates, but if there is a debate he will get destroyed with questions about the insurrection and about stealing classified documents. His popularity is under water right now, and it is only going to get worse.

Do you think I am wrong? Do you think he will get back into office?

Yerda

Veteran Member
Do you think I am wrong? Do you think he will get back into office?
I haven't really been paying attention.

From what I've seen he looks as popular as ever. He has a fanatical base. My impression is that if he ran for president on a programme of "Screw all you plebs, I'm here to steal anything that isn't welded to the floor, you can all **** off and die" he'd still get 40% of the vote.

Throw in a bit of racism, wailing about woke activists/antifa/liberal elite, tax cuts for the rich and a promise to have AOC arrested/exiled and he's close to winning, imo.

Am I overstating his chances?

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
I haven't really been paying attention.

From what I've seen he looks as popular as ever. He has a fanatical base. My impression is that if he ran for president on a programme of "Screw all you plebs, I'm here to steal anything that isn't welded to the floor, you can all **** off and die" he'd still get 40% of the vote.

Throw in a bit of racism, wailing about woke activists/antifa/liberal elite, tax cuts for the rich and a promise to have AOC arrested/exiled and he's close to winning, imo.

Am I overstating his chances?
Yep, I think you are overestimating his popularity. He did loose to Biden in 2020, and he would not do anywhere as well if he actually ran in 2024.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Apart from support from IQ=non I think the last supper is over for the orange Jesus as some call him,he can still humiliate his endorsements though,we’ll see but I would think and hope if there is any justice he will be behind bars if found guilty.

Mr Trump are you guilty in any of your 21 lawsuits,Mr Trump “I have done nothing wrong in any of them”.

View attachment 66809
Trump would make an awesome Pinocchio!!

Here's Pinocchio what a happy lad.....

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
By political future I mean a successful political future I should’ve made that clear from the start. And with multiple criminal investigations, and now this civil lawsuit That has criminal referrals, it seems Trump is on the ropes politically.

Were you to hazard a guess, ...
  1. What percentage of Trump's net worth is $250 million?
  2. How long would it tale Trump to raise $250 million from his base in response to this purported victimization by the deep state?
The only thing that can destroy Trump is an intellectually and ethically committed citizenry, and that, to the best of my knowledge, has never been this country's strong suit.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
He did loose to Biden in 2020, and he would not do anywhere as well if he actually ran in 2024.
That strikes me as an extremely dangerous presumption, particularly given that there seemed to be near unanimity regarding his miserly chances in 2020. Put somewhat differently:

“Those that fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.” - Winston Churchill​

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
That strikes me as an extremely dangerous presumption, particularly given that there seemed to be near unanimity regarding his miserly chances in 2020. Put somewhat differently:

“Those that fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.” - Winston Churchill​
Point taken. And another point along those same lines, even if Trump is done the ideology of Trump goes on. I absolutely agree that this is not a time for complacency.

Yerda

Veteran Member
I wonder about those who are entertained by malignant depravity.
Well, it's not so much that I'm entertained by. He says funny stuff nearly every time he opens his mouth. The bananas ideas about nuking hurricanes and buying Greenland and how he knows everything, maybe more everything than anyone else. Comedy gold.

I get it if you can't find amusement in the ridiculousness, but that time he drew on the map - because he was caught talking bull - will make history students laugh for decades, maybe centuries.