• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump expects to be arrested, calls for protests.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member

Will there be violence during this protest? Will this be a large protest, or will it end up being small, or not at all?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Will there be violence during this protest? Will this be a large protest, or will it end up being small, or not at all?

I really do not understand the mentality of that man. Calling for protest (possibly with violence) because he is to be arrested for commiting a crime.

I'm sure it will motivate the criminal fraternity to call for anarchy whenever they are arrested.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I really do not understand the mentality of that man. Calling for protest (possibly with violence) because he is to be arrested for commiting a crime.

I'm sure it will motivate the criminal fraternity to call for anarchy whenever they are arrested.
And this is of great concern, because so many of his followers are pretty much willing to do anything to defend their superhero. Some analysts think that 2024 could be a year even far more serious than what happened on January 6th.

BTW, what's your take on the protest there in France?

Heyo

Veteran Member

The first interesting question is: will deSantis extradite him to New York?
(Trump is to be indicted in New York and while he is staying in Florida, the DA has to ask the Governor of Florida for help to get Trump to New York.)

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
The first interesting question is: will deSantis extradite him to New York?
(Trump is to be indicted in New York and while he is staying in Florida, the DA has to ask the Governor of Florida for help to get Trump to New York.)
“Interesting” is an understatement. If Trump actually resisted his arrest he wouldn’t be able to travel, he would be stuck in Florida. Hard to campaign that way.

I don’t think Trump’s ego would allow that, at least not yet. I think he will turn himself in and make an ignorant obnoxious speech.

I just hope his supporters don’t get violent.

Heyo

Veteran Member
“Interesting” is an understatement. If Trump actually resisted his arrest he wouldn’t be able to travel, he would be stuck in Florida. Hard to campaign that way.

I don’t think Trump’s ego would allow that, at least not yet. I think he will turn himself in and make an ignorant obnoxious speech.

I just hope his supporters don’t get violent.
:eek:ptimistic:

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
I believe it is reasonable for us (that is, everyone who isn't a Trump supporter) to be concerned about Trump's call for protests if he is arrested. If what his supporters did at the United States Capitol on January 6, 2021, is any indication of how they will react to his arrest, then I believe that we have a legitimate reason to be concerned, especially if they stage violent protests across the country. Honestly, I'm not surprised that he called on his supporters to protest.

Last edited:

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I really do not understand the mentality of that man.
Me, neither, but he's the most predictable person I know of. He's extremely simple. He wants attention, praise, power, wealth, and unilateral loyalty, and his only response to anything he doesn't like is to insult and seek revenge. He feels entitled. He has no human qualities. He has no wit (never clever). He has no empathy and is never kind. He's a bigot. he envies dictators that imprison the press and poison enemies. He has no love of animals or art, loves no human other than himself being including his wife and children, and constantly lies and cheats others.

His reaction is totally predictable: conspiracy, witch hunt, Democratic conspiracy, partisan politics, whataboutism, rapidly evolving excuses, and calls for violence.

But like you, I also don't understand what makes a person that way.

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I don't think they meant Ole Sparky (I hope not) but a taser instead. A taser should only be used in the event of a hostile resisting arrest situation.
Yes, Mr. Sparky is a taser. Old Sparky is the electric chair. The fact that it was coupled with pepper spray should have made it rather obvious.