• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump, Dumb As Ever. And This Is The Guy Some People Feel Is Fit To Be President

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
It would seem out of nowhere to anti-Trumpers.
But typical of them, they're blind to how he arrived in office.
The OP dealt with fitness. His cannot be considered in a vacuum.
And now one poll has her the front runner among Democrats.

As for letting go, read the OP & posts by anti-Trumpers to me.
It's unremitting hostility & insult, while I am a paragon of kindness
& magnanimity. So about letting go....
I kept the greater of 2 evils out of office with my vote.
My equanimity endures.

Some had hoped that Trump would rise to the dignity of the office. That has clearly not happened.

And I have to admit to confusion when otherwise intelligent people seem to ignore Trump's antics.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Some had hoped that Trump would rise to the dignity of the office. That has clearly not happened.
Hmmm...that would've been wishful thinking.
I never expected him to morph into someone civil & thoughtful.
People generally are who they are.
(That's why I like to see a candidate's record in office. Votes on
& signing of legislation is a window into their future record. Alas,
Trump had nothing of the sort, making him less predictable.)
And I have to admit to confusion when otherwise intelligent people seem to ignore Trump's antics.
There is ignore....there is tolerate....there is endure...& there is approve.
I ignore many boorish & loutish things he does simply because they're
so numerous as to be redundant & relatively inconsequential.
I endure them because I cannot stop him. (He won't even return my calls.)
But I've broached important topics like the narrowly avoided war with Iran.
(That generated surprisingly little interest from his friends or foes. Tis as
though most people like or hate him personally, & this over-rides policy.)

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Hmmm...that would've been wishful thinking.
I never expected him to morph into someone civil & thoughtful.
People generally are who they are.
(That's why I like to see a candidate's record in office. Votes on
& signing of legislation is a window into their future record. Alas,
Trump had nothing of the sort, making him less predictable.)

There is ignore....there is tolerate....there is endure...& there is approve.
I ignore many boorish & loutish things he does simply because they're
so numerous as to be redundant & relatively inconsequential.
I endure them because I cannot stop him. (He won't even return my calls.)
But I've broached important topics like the narrowly avoided war with Iran.
(That generated surprisingly little interest from his friends or foes. Tis as
though most people like or hate him personally, & this over-rides policy.)

I think that latter is not scored to his credit because of his breaking of the previous treaty with Iran (which the rest of the world would like to see revived).

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
"Trump Asks Pastor Who Says Jews Are Going to Hell To Speak at Hanukkah Reception

In a bizarre moment during the White House’s Hanukkah Reception yesterday, Donald Trump invited Pastor Robert Jeffress — Southern Baptist Pastor Robert Jeffress — to address the crowd.

In case you’re not familiar with him, that would be the same Robert Jeffress who once said “you can’t be saved being a Jew” during a rant in which he also condemned Islam and Mormonism.

That comment on its own isn’t shocking. It’s what many Christians believe about everyone else who’s not a Christian. You have to agree with them on the Jesus myth or it’s an eternity of torture for you. But to have Jeffress speak to a crowd of Jews during an event in their honor? It makes as much sense as when Jeffress spoke in Jerusalem last year to mark the opening of the new U.S. embassy.
source
The presumption here being that Trump is capable of making sense. 'Taint gonna happen people.

He should of asked Brother Nathaniel.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I think that latter is not scored to his credit because of his breaking of the previous treaty with Iran (which the rest of the world would like to see revived).
Aye, his breaking that treaty was a bad move IMO.
Same for moving the Israeli embassy.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It would be likely to happen if Trump supporters didn't bring her up every time he did something painfully stupid.

You know, like most days.

Why don't you get over the fact that you bring her up more than anybody else on RF.

You.
Tom
You're late to the echo chamber.
Better luck next time.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
ad hominem
You're citing an informal logical fallacy, I presume.
But that would be incorrect. I'm making no argument which
depends upon your being an anti-Trumpette. Instead, I only
observe that you are, & it explains your lack of understanding.
Such is not a logical fallacy.
Of course, you may disagree if you wish.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Once again, one who preferred Hillary is in a poor
position to insult anyone for voting for Trump.
Depends where you get your Hillary information from. RW media and Russian troll farms? Of course people are taught by these operatives to hate Hillary based on hearsay and conspiracy theories. Some would say most things conservatives know about Hillary are probably fake news.

Shad

Veteran Member
"Trump Asks Pastor Who Says Jews Are Going to Hell To Speak at Hanukkah Reception

In a bizarre moment during the White House’s Hanukkah Reception yesterday, Donald Trump invited Pastor Robert Jeffress — Southern Baptist Pastor Robert Jeffress — to address the crowd.

In case you’re not familiar with him, that would be the same Robert Jeffress who once said “you can’t be saved being a Jew” during a rant in which he also condemned Islam and Mormonism.

That comment on its own isn’t shocking. It’s what many Christians believe about everyone else who’s not a Christian. You have to agree with them on the Jesus myth or it’s an eternity of torture for you. But to have Jeffress speak to a crowd of Jews during an event in their honor? It makes as much sense as when Jeffress spoke in Jerusalem last year to mark the opening of the new U.S. embassy.
source
The presumption here being that Trump is capable of making sense. 'Taint gonna happen people.

It is called pandering for votes.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...

source

Wow.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
Depends where you get your Hillary information from. RW media and Russian troll farms? Of course people are taught by these operatives to hate Hillary based on hearsay and conspiracy theories. Some would say most things conservatives know about Hillary are probably fake news.
Did Hillary ever invite an antisemite to say a few words at a Jewish event? No? Kind of desperate then bringing her up, isn't it?