• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump, COVID-19, and expressions of concern.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
I wonder if it's possible to ship bleach and light bubs to the White House - along with the appropriate Get Well card, of course.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Perhaps an "appropriate" get well card might be one of those that, when you open it, a jack-in-box pops up, complete with fool's hat?

exchemist

Veteran Member
I wonder if it's possible to ship bleach and light bubs to the White House - along with the appropriate Get Well card, of course.
Yes, you would need a heart of stone not to laugh, at least a bit, at Trump's predicament.

Some might say one should not gloat, but just imagine if this had happened to his opponent. You could guarantee that Trump would gloat like hell about it.

My view is what's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Basically how I feel. Spread misinformation, spread lies, get people hurt, get people killed, and I will have zero-to-negative sympathies for someone like this.
They are saved for the doctors, teachers, police, grocery store clerks, and others whos lives have been disrupted or ended by Trump's crap. Trump set the bar, he led by example, amd now it's bit him in the ***.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I really don't wish him or anyone ill health, but this is beginning to appear to be the final nail in the coffin of his presidency. And for that, I am pleased one good thing comes out of this.

As stock futures fell overnight Friday, strategists in both parties and even senior aides to Mr. Trump said the president would face a harsh judgment from voters for throwing the country into greater uncertainty after one of the most trying years in American history.

“It’s hard to imagine this doesn’t end his hopes of re-election,” said Rob Stutzman, a Republican consultant, pointing to Mr. Trump’s “flouting of obvious precautions.”​

Trump’s Positive Coronavirus Test Upends Campaign in Final Stretch

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Yes, you would need a heart of stone not to laugh, at least a bit, at Trump's predicament.

Some might say one should not gloat, but just imagine if this had happened to his opponent. You could guarantee that Trump would gloat like hell about it.
Then I might have a heart of stone. at least I have a strong heart;)

This might be one more reason for Americans to vote for Trump;)

stvdv

Or send Trump a card saying "All it takes is 1 Mask" ... and send him one Mask too, in case he does not get the hint on the card

stvdv

The Trump Administration did not even have the decency to let others know that they had been exposed.

These folks are beyond contemptible.
That is really bad. That should be enough of a reason for any Trump voter to not only vote for Trump, but even vote against Trump

exchemist

Veteran Member
I really don't wish him or anyone ill health, but this is beginning to appear to be the final nail in the coffin of his presidency. And for that, I am pleased one good thing comes out of this.

As stock futures fell overnight Friday, strategists in both parties and even senior aides to Mr. Trump said the president would face a harsh judgment from voters for throwing the country into greater uncertainty after one of the most trying years in American history.

“It’s hard to imagine this doesn’t end his hopes of re-election,” said Rob Stutzman, a Republican consultant, pointing to Mr. Trump’s “flouting of obvious precautions.”​

Trump’s Positive Coronavirus Test Upends Campaign in Final Stretch
Yes, that's an interesting article. It certainly may make him look rather a fool for undermining the countermeasures against transmission.

I note, hidden away towards the end, a passing reference to "pre-existing health conditions". There have been suggestions he may have had a minor stroke (that odd video of him barely walking down the shallowest possible set of steps, at that military graduation ceremony). But we'll see: the chances are that he'll shrug off the virus quite easily.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes, that's an interesting article. It certainly may make him look rather a fool for undermining the countermeasures against transmission.

I note, hidden away towards the end, a passing reference to "pre-existing health conditions". There have been suggestions he may have had a minor stroke (that odd video of him barely walking down the shallowest possible set of steps, at that military graduation ceremony). But we'll see: the chances are that he'll shrug off the virus quite easily.
We live in such a stupid timeliness that a significant percentage of people are understandably wondering if the positive test is a false flag to distract, gain sympathy points, undermine covid through 'miraculous recovery'. There's pretty much no reason to trust the white house on anything these days.

But, even if true, he will have constant testing and access to the best healthcare tax dollars can buy. Chances are he'll be fine to continue to be a awful person like Boris did.

exchemist

Veteran Member
We live in such a stupid timeliness that a significant percentage of people are understandably wondering if the positive test is a false flag to distract, gain sympathy points, undermine covid through 'miraculous recovery'. There's pretty much no reason to trust the white house on anything these days.

But, even if true, he will have constant testing and access to the best healthcare tax dollars can buy. Chances are he'll be fine to continue to be a awful person like Boris did.
But if he goes through the ICU mill, like Bozo, he'll be out of action for the whole of October. Which would be...interesting....

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
If you pull a friend out of a fight he starts you'll have to do it again. (Yes I did steal that from somewhere.) Every four years voters keep trying to drag the country out of this fight, and every four it starts up again. Its too bad that both sides have engulfed so many issues that Americans are confused about whom to vote for and unhappy that their vote seems impotent. We oughtn't to be in this silly situation, yet here we are again. It is of course due to the centralization of power. Every damn thing is federal.

But go ahead and believe that ranting about Trump is the solution. There are more in line behind him.

exchemist

Veteran Member
If you pull a friend out of a fight he starts you'll have to do it again. (Yes I did steal that from somewhere.) Every four years voters keep trying to drag the country out of this fight, and every four it starts up again. Its too bad that both sides have engulfed so many issues that Americans are confused about whom to vote for and unhappy that their vote seems impotent. We oughtn't to be in this silly situation, yet here we are again. It is of course due to the centralization of power. Every damn thing is federal.

But go ahead and believe that ranting about Trump is the solution. There are more in line behind him.
I'm not sure. Trump looks to me like one-off, who has bent the Republican party out of shape because they wanted to back a winner and few of them have dared to speak their mind.

But I agree that, from where you are now, it will take a lot of welding to bring it all back together again. The irony is that Coronavirus could have been a huge opportunity to get the nation united, under any decent president.

stvdv

Thankfully, Joe and Jill Biden test negative.
Him wearing a Mask would be the number one reason to vote for him and not Trump

Because the worst a president can do is spread, anger, hate by calling him names for wearing a Mask and causing deliberate fear and confusion (but that is a narc's specialty) in time of Corona-war, and playing with the lives of people, not taking Americans serious

How can any American, who has a little self respect (not much needed), vote for Trump, take Trump serious, knowing Trump does not take them serious?

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
The irony is that Coronavirus could have been a huge opportunity to get the nation united, under any decent president.
That is a poignant and painful truth, however we still would have had the tit versus tat, the conspiracy theories (not started by Trump but by somebody). We would still have had unpopular Democrat governors over Virginia and Pennsylvania (or wherever I don't remember) and curfews. Even if the virus weren't bungled this side or that would claim it had been.

To effect change in this country, President-elect Lincoln had to destroy and replace one of the two prevailing parties, both of which had become completely useless, recalcitrant, bought entities.

exchemist

Veteran Member
That is a poignant and painful truth, however we still would have had the tit versus tat, the conspiracy theories (not started by Trump but by somebody). We would still have had unpopular Democrat governors over Virginia and Pennsylvania (or wherever I don't remember) and curfews. Even if the virus weren't bungled this side or that would claim it had been.

To effect change in this country, President-elect Lincoln had to destroy and replace one of the two prevailing parties, both of which had become completely useless, recalcitrant, bought entities.
Yes, useless, bought entities strikes a chord, certainly. US politics is far too much about money. A bit like what the Olympics have become.;)