• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump considering skipping general election debates in 2020

Will Trump participate in the 2020 Presidential debates?

• He will do most of them, but not all.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
"cleared"? On what planet? Mars? Imaginary Land? No-- he wasn't cleared-- the evidence that he colluded was definitive.
Then this is something that I missed in the news. Please post some links on the subject.

However, ultimately "the investigation did not establish that members of the Trump campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities". The evidence was not necessarily complete due to encrypted, deleted, or unsaved communications as well as false, incomplete, or declined testimony. (Special Counsel investigation (2017–2019) - Wikipedia)

This is basically what I heard when the report was completed.

Bob the Unbeliever

Then this is something that I missed in the news. Please post some links on the subject.

*sigh*... naaah... you'd just find something wrong with my source.

Google. Avoid Faux Noise--they cannot tell fact from fiction, they literally won a court case over their right to lie...

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
@Heral13 doesn't understand the USA.
He doesn't realize that the president isn't elected. The president is appointed
Yes, by the electoral college. Which actually has the the root 'elect' in it. Nu, so? What's your point?

Terry Sampson

therefore I don't know how good his debating skills are.
LOL! About as good as a Used Car salesman's who is trying to sell a stolen car for as much as he can get and is clueless about the actual condition of the car and isn't even sure what model, make, or year of the car. Debating skills: F. Bluff and Bluster: A+.

Last edited:

Terry Sampson

Oh, come on...he was cleared, wasn't he?
If, by "cleared", you mean that Mueller didn't find "a smoking gun", you're right. But just because Mueller didn't find one, doesn't mean there isn't one. Putin has it in safe-keeping. That's why Trump is such a big fan of Putin.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I suspect that his advisers -- knowing how little control he has over his own impulses, especially when under pressure -- will try to get him not to participate. On the other hand, I think Trump's hubris will convince him that he's more than up to the challenge of debating whoever the Democrats eventually cough up. And if that person is a competent debater (like Warren or Buttigieg), I think he'll be very, very wrong.