• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump calls the Constitution "fake news":

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I think he just sees it as another thing the Democrats can use to attack him with.

Yes, that may be true.
Conceptually, anything that hamstrings his decisions seems to get seen as red tape.
That seems pretty consistent with how he ran (still runs!) his businesses.

ecco

Veteran Member
Says the non-Ivy League student about the Ivy League student.
Are you referring to the Donald Trump whose father bought him admission? Are you referring to the Donald Trump who threatened to sue if his grades were released?

My emphases...
Here's Why Donald Trump Doesn't Want Anyone To Know His Grades Or SAT Scores
Feb 28, 2019, 02:09pm

Yesterday, as part of his testimony to Congress, Michael Cohen revealed that, under the direction of President Trump, he had sent letters to Trump’s high schools, colleges and the College Board (creator of the SAT), threatening them with legal action and jail time if they ever released Trump’s academic records. Cohen provided a record of one such letter sent to the president of Fordham University, which Trump attended for two years before transferring to complete his undergraduate degree at the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania...

Although Obama then went on to graduate magna cum laude from Harvard Law, while Trump did not go to grad school. Trump has a reputation for projection, so it’s reasonable to think that his vocal criticisms of Obama’s presumed academic record are more similar to his own record than he’d admit. For one thing, he questions how Obama could have gained admission into an Ivy League school, when his own admission to Penn was due in large part to personal family connections.

Trump has repeatedly claimed (and allowed media outlets to report on his behalf) that he graduated ‘first in his class’ from the Wharton School at Penn. In fact, he wasn’t close—Trump graduated without honors.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Are you saying you thought that Donald Trump, who had an affair when his wife was pregnant, and cheated his contractors out of millions of dollars and lied to people who bought into his "Trump University" scam, was a good man who could save the US from its advanced depravity?

You really are naive.
When the Bible considers people like Lot to be righteous, the bar really isn't set very high.

Cooky

Veteran Member
Are you referring to the Donald Trump whose father bought him admission? Are you referring to the Donald Trump who threatened to sue if his grades were released?

My emphases...
Feb 28, 2019, 02:09pm

Yesterday, as part of his testimony to Congress, Michael Cohen revealed that, under the direction of President Trump, he had sent letters to Trump’s high schools, colleges and the College Board (creator of the SAT), threatening them with legal action and jail time if they ever released Trump’s academic records. Cohen provided a record of one such letter sent to the president of Fordham University, which Trump attended for two years before transferring to complete his undergraduate degree at the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania...

Although Obama then went on to graduate magna cum laude from Harvard Law, while Trump did not go to grad school. Trump has a reputation for projection, so it’s reasonable to think that his vocal criticisms of Obama’s presumed academic record are more similar to his own record than he’d admit. For one thing, he questions how Obama could have gained admission into an Ivy League school, when his own admission to Penn was due in large part to personal family connections.

Trump has repeatedly claimed (and allowed media outlets to report on his behalf) that he graduated ‘first in his class’ from the Wharton School at Penn. In fact, he wasn’t close—Trump graduated without honors.

That's so interesting..! What are you talking about again..? :)

sheep-cartoon-pop-corn-drink-450w-86424556.jpg

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
Kings, these days, have parliaments they must answer to. Dictators, like Kim, have absolute power. That's what Trump tells himself He should have.
You're right. Today's monarchs don't have any power anymore. He wants to be a dictator tot. Man-child as he is.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
I disagree. The 2nd amendment has been infringed upon ever since I haven't been able to buy live hand grenades.
And so has free speech. Plenty of laws regarding what you can and can't say.

...A lot of people take issue with the constitution.
Except that the 1st, 2nd ... amendments belong to Bill of Rights. The Constitution was about how the government should work, and the bill of rights was added when they realized the rights of people wasn't addressed. The amendments can be changed also, and they can complement and alter the interpretation of the constitution, but it takes super-majority and two election cycles, or something like that. It was a while ago I read these things, so I could remember it wrong. :)

sooda

Veteran Member
The Trump presidency is more the Trump dynasty.

I don't think there will be a Trump dynasty.. Dynasties are built on generations of service.... They aren't always perfect people. Some are quite flawed, but they known their raison d'etre is based on Noblesse Oblige.

That's not Trumps.

sooda

Veteran Member
And so has free speech. Plenty of laws regarding what you can and can't say.

Except that the 1st, 2nd ... amendments belong to Bill of Rights. The Constitution was about how the government should work, and the bill of rights was added when they realized the rights of people wasn't addressed. The amendments can be changed also, and they can complement and alter the interpretation of the constitution, but it takes super-majority and two election cycles, or something like that. It was a while ago I read these things, so I could remember it wrong. :)

Short of yelling fire in a theater,you can say pretty much what you want.. You just can't demand anyone give you an audience or a venue. You can rant and rave about Armageddon on the street as long as you don't block customers from entering the store.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
Short of yelling fire in a theater,you can say pretty much what you want.. You just can't demand anyone give you an audience or a venue. You can rant and rave about Armageddon on the street as long as you don't block customers from entering the store.
Slander and libel. State secrets. Racial, sexist, etc speech. Hate speech in general. Maybe words of sedition too, but not sure if they're prosecuted. They've been at times in American history though, like under Adams, the press could be tried for sedition (criticizing the government, essentially).

Prometheus85

Trump blames 'phony emoluments clause' for scrapped plan to host G-7 at his Miami resort

Yes, even though Trump claims it is not there the Emoluments Clause is very real:

Title of Nobility Clause - Wikipedia

"No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.[4]"

He backed down on this because even the Republicans knew that deal stank to high heaven.

upload_2019-10-22_21-37-34.jpeg

It was a bold claim, much that I have found about what some republicans have said is pretty much what you said , he might benefit from advertising. Seems a pretty ridiculous idea to let taxpayers foot the bill for something that could have possibly been low or no cost because some are afraid Trump might get some advertising.

Without a bid process no one knows if it was the cheapest so that's not a valid argument. Perhaps a rival company would have offered a better deal.

Also benefitting from tens of millions of dollars worth of publicity is hardly negligible.

If any government official awarded themself a no bid contract they'd be sacked on the spot. Preventing corruption is always more important than saving a few pennies.

ecco

Veteran Member
There is a "theory" that says there are an infinite number of universes.

Imagine...in one of these universes Barak Obama got elected to a first term in 2016.

Imagine President Obama withholding $4,000,000 to the government of Ukraine, who are in an active shooting war with our enemies, the Ruskies, until Ukraine investigated Eric Trump's business dealings.

Imagine President Obama pulling troops out of Syria exposing our allies, the Kurds, to the very real possibility of genocide. Imagine President Obama saying "we never said we would protect the Kurds".

Imagine, if you can, the outcry of Republicans in the Congress, led by the outcry of the Fox talking heads.

I guess we should also try to imagine a universe where President Donald Trump bans non-Republicans from serving in Congress. It's not too far-fetched and has a precedent from just 100 years ago.

Gleichschaltung - Wikipedia

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
There is a "theory" that says there are an infinite number of universes.

Imagine...in one of these universes Barak Obama got elected to a first term in 2016.

Imagine President Obama withholding $4,000,000 to the government of Ukraine, who are in an active shooting war with our enemies, the Ruskies, until Ukraine investigated Eric Trump's business dealings.

Imagine President Obama pulling troops out of Syria exposing our allies, the Kurds, to the very real possibility of genocide. Imagine President Obama saying "we never said we would protect the Kurds".

Imagine, if you can, the outcry of Republicans in the Congress, led by the outcry of the Fox talking heads.

I guess we should also try to imagine a universe where President Donald Trump bans non-Republicans from serving in Congress. It's not too far-fetched and has a precedent from just 100 years ago.

Gleichschaltung - Wikipedia
I think about this every day.
And then my brain explodes.

dad

Undefeated
The laws approved by the Supreme Court do no force any person to have an abortion in violation of their religious beliefs. The Founding Fathers tried very hard to make it very difficult for religious people like you to impose your beliefs on other people.
If true, that would not be so that pagans could enforce their beliefs on people either.

I suppose you support the right of people to say: "All ******s and queers should be hanged". Jesus would be proud.
? Insane hate speech. It wasn't Jesus casting stones.

Are you saying you thought that Donald Trump, who had an affair when his wife was pregnant, and cheated his contractors out of millions of dollars and lied to people who bought into his "Trump University" scam, was a good man who could save the US from its advanced depravity?
If you noticed the "good" was 'good'. No one is good. The sorts of issues and actions and leadership that would be less evil than others involve the basic matters like sacrificing children or opposing that practice.

Here is a list of scores of actions from a previous leader that were not 'good'.

America’s Most Biblically-Hostile U. S. President - WallBuilders

!!

Callisto

Hellenismos, BTW
Oh, the Constitution can be criticized. Whether a person is an idiot or not depends upon how they criticize it. And I am sorry that you do not understand when someone is truly being an idiot. The problem may be with you. If you can't see the flaws of Trump then you are apt to get confused when people rightfully criticize him.
It also helps if the person first knows what's in the Constitution and what each segment means before attempting to criticize it, in whole or part.