• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump calls the Constitution "fake news":

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
To add to it, Trump swore an oath to uphold the Constitution. Doesn't matter what he thinks of it, he has to follow it. If he thinks it's a folly, then he should have made that oath.
"I'm going to write my own CONSTITUTION. It'll be the best CONSTITUTION ever!! No one will have ever seen a CONSTITUTION like the one I'm gonna write. You won't believe it. Everyone will get what they want. I promise you."

~Tomorrow's tweet yet to come.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Until he clarifies himself, I'm not going to critique one word out of 25,000, and double down on it to claim he's attacking the constitution. That's just unfair considering he may have selected a wrong word in his speech.

I actually don't think he's setting out to attack the Constitution. I just think he's ignorant of it.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Not quite the direct quotes from the "many republicans who saw the same thing" but you take what you can get I guess.

If you had been watching the news you would have been aware of this. When Trump complained that the Republicans could not stand together like the Democrats do what do you think that he was carping about?

pearl

He backed down on this because even the Republicans knew that deal stank to high heaven.

The presidency to him is nothing but a business and he is the CEO. Apparently this particular resort was loosing money. A lot of people take issue with the Constitution but nonetheless acknowledge its authority with respect. Apparently, Trump took the oath of office as meaningless necessity.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Says the non-Ivy League student about the Ivy League student.

Yes, a middle of the road student at what is considered the easiest of Ivy League schools to get into. And with only an undergrad degree. People that go to Penn go there for an MBA normally and he did not get that.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
"I'm going to write my own CONSTITUTION. It'll be the best CONSTITUTION ever!! No one will have ever seen a CONSTITUTION like the one I'm gonna write. You won't believe it. Everyone will get what they want. I promise you."

~Tomorrow's tweet yet to come.
And rename USA to "Trumpland" or "Land of Trump."

tytlyf

Not Religious
LOL! Very true.

The decoder ring of understanding Trump: anything he says, think the truth is the complete opposite.
The truth is everything is usually the opposite of what Trump says. His supporters believe him. RW media reinforces that belief that Trump isn't lying.

The difference between normal republicans and Trump republicans, the Trump ones will all rely on the same radical RW outlets for their 'information.' Normal republicans get their information from a variety of sources and it seems they fact check.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
The truth is everything is usually the opposite of what Trump says. His supporters believe him. RW media reinforces that belief that Trump isn't lying.

The difference between normal republicans and Trump republicans, the Trump ones will all rely on the same radical RW outlets for their 'information.' Normal republicans get their information from a variety of sources and it seems they fact check.
Yup. Apparently (from another thread of some news) around 30% of Trump supporters would defend him whatever he does (perhaps call them "Fifth Avenue Loyalists"). It's crazy.

Oh, I just got an ad to the right on the page to book a room at Trump hotel and get 25% off... maybe I should... :D

Something interesting has happened to me in this recent news debacle, I read news from both CNN and FOX and from other sources. I didn't read either before, but in all this craziness, the truth is somewhere in the smack middle of them both.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Anyone who takes issue with the constitution isn't fit to be president.
After all, didn't he swear, in front of (not) the largest crowd ever to attend an inauguration: "I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
After all, didn't he swear, in front of (not) the largest crowd ever to attend an inauguration: "I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.
He just recited fake words. No, wait, he was just joking. The longest long con joke ever.