• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump calls the Constitution "fake news":

sealchan

There is no such thing as apostasy in regards to disagreeing with the interpretations of the Supremes.

Their interpretation is not dogma, and any president can hold whatever opinion he or she wants in regards to the Constitution.

Taking bribes or gifts or favors is highly unethical even in standard business transactions between customers and business or between business. You have to he quite naive about standard anti-corruptions laws not to see that and pretty apathetic not to expect the standards in government should even higher.

It makes deep, practical sense to hold these standards, it is what prevents corruption and builds trust and anyone in disagreement with that should never be given any power to represent anyone. Even the appearance of favoratism or a conflict of interest should be addressed with corrective action.

We dont get to do anything we want. That sort of attitude has no place in government at all.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I disagree. The 2nd amendment has been infringed upon ever since I haven't been able to buy live hand grenades.

...A lot of people take issue with the constitution.

So this becomes just another lie??

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Stanyon

WWMRD?
The exposure would be free advertising. It is not a matter of cost, he simply cannot accept what amounts to a gift. Actually this would be even worse since he would in effect be demanding a gift.

So to you it's not an issue of tax dollars being saved it's a matter of you thinking Trump might get some free advertising which in your mind amounts to a gift.

Cooky

Veteran Member
True. But calling something that clearly exist "phony" is utter foolishness.

In that sitting, I bet Trump spoke 2,000 words in probably 2 minutes... And while I'm sure that figure is wrong, the *point* is what Trump and myself are focusing on.

...The more you do, the higher the frequency of error. This is a natural fact.

Cooky

Veteran Member
So this becomes just another lie??

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Until he clarifies himself, I'm not going to critique one word out of 25,000, and double down on it to claim he's attacking the constitution. That's just unfair considering he may have selected a wrong word in his speech.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
Not at this time of night.

It was a bold claim, much that I have found about what some republicans have said is pretty much what you said , he might benefit from advertising. Seems a pretty ridiculous idea to let taxpayers foot the bill for something that could have possibly been low or no cost because some are afraid Trump might get some advertising.

dad

Undefeated
Anyone who takes issue with the constitution isn't fit to be president.
Right to bear arms against a possible evil government then, if opposed by a politician makes them unfit? OK. Let's add more..right to practice religion, (such as not allowing babies to be killed) right to free speech (as opposed to political correct hate crime baloney)..etc.

I would think that the declaration and constitution and bible all are victims of leaders who want to interpret stuff for their benefit and bias.

The Trump lesson may be that not even a 'good' man could save the US in it's advanced depravity, which seems to be to the core.