1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump Blames Obama and DNC for Hack

Discussion in 'North American Politics' started by idav, Jul 15, 2018.

1. Kangaroo Feathers

Kangaroo Feathers Hardline moderate

Ratings:
    +5,296
    Religion:
    Catholic
    Maybe you need to read more widely.

2. Kangaroo Feathers

Ratings:
    +5,296
    Religion:
    Catholic
    [Citation needed]

3. Estro Felino

Estro Felino Believer in free will
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,097
    Religion:
    Pelagianism
    #23 Estro Felino, Jul 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
  4. idav

idav Being
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +3,275
    Religion:
    Pantheist
    This is how the rest of the world see it. Leaders not standing up to Putin is either cowardly or insane. The Putin agenda is not the conservative agenfa iit is a fascist dictator agenda. You'll only be happy until your country gets the short end of the stick but countries who care stand up to Putin before its too late. Trump doesnt care but more than half Americans do. US and Russia having 90 percent of the nuclear arsenal under those two insane leaders is not good for anyone.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Revoltingest

Revoltingest Libertarian Capitalist Atheist Bokononist
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +39,302
    Religion:
    Bokononism
    If he did indeed believe that Russians were hacking
    the DNC for Trump's benefit, then...
    - To intentionally do nothing about it, is tacit approval for illegal interference.
    - It gave Trump a benefit over Hillary.

Thus, to choose inaction during a campaign when he'd otherwise take
    action, has a meddling effect in Trump's favor. This doesn't make sense.
    Instead, it would appear to mean that Obama didn't know of the hacking.

6. Augustus

Augustus the Unreasonable

Ratings:
    +7,893
    Religion:
    none
    Heads: America started war against country X because they wanted to build an oil pipeline through their country.
    Tails: America went to war with country X because country X was just about to stop using Dollars for oil transactions.

Every recent US war has had one of the above, usually both, used to explain why America went to war.

That they turn out not to have been true never seems to prevent them from being recycled by the same people to explain the next war, and the next...

7. Stevicus

Stevicus Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +3,228
    Religion:
    Agnostic
    I don't know whose fault it is, although hacking seems so ubiquitous these days, it's hard to gauge.

https://money.cnn.com/2017/12/18/technology/biggest-cyberattacks-of-the-year/index.html
    https://www.wired.com/story/2017-biggest-hacks-so-far/

It seems that our data is just as vulnerable (if not more so) to our own intelligence agencies as anyone else.

Regarding the indictments: https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/13/politics/russia-investigation-indictments/index.html

I don't know what the solution is to all this hacking, as I'm no computer expert. But it seems like allegations of hacking are like handing out speeding tickets at the Indy 500. I don't know if any agency or organization is truly safe from hacking.

As to who's to blame, that's also hard to say. Perhaps it's arrogant computer geeks who think they're much smarter than everyone else and believe that their systems are perfectly safe. I find this attitude to be prevalent whenever I call technical support for anything. There's an automatic, knee-jerk tendency to blame the end user for any problems, because it's never the company's fault that their product doesn't work.

I also get the sense that they're under pressure to release software by deadline, even if it may not be ready and full of bugs. Whenever I'm dealing with any company or organization using computers, it's not uncommon to hear "my system is down" or "my system is running slow," as if this is becoming the normal state of affairs.

8. Estro Felino

Estro Felino Believer in free will
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,097
    Religion:
    Pelagianism
    Italy loves Putin for he is a defender of European Nationalism, and because his goal is to fight and eliminate Middle East terrorism.

Nationalist-Populist Italy is called that way too, right now by some European countries.

We just demand sanctions on Russia are lifted. Secondly: if we have strong economic and diplomatic relations with Russia , it's our own business.

#28 Estro Felino, Jul 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
  9. Kangaroo Feathers

Ratings:
    +5,296
    Religion:
    Catholic
    Ha.

10. metis

metis aged ecumenical anthropologist

Ratings:
    +11,542
    Religion:
    Catholic-- liberal & ecumenical
    If the Russians were to invade Italy, would you be there to welcome them?

11. metis

metis aged ecumenical anthropologist

Ratings:
    +11,542
    Religion:
    Catholic-- liberal & ecumenical
    "Italy" does not love Putin, but some Italians who don't know much about history, including recent history that includes Russia's invasions of Crimea, the eastern Ukraine, and Georgia, may love the despot. Then of course there are always going to be those who prefer authoritarian regimes over democratic ones.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Underhill

Underhill Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,237
    Religion:
    Agnostic
    First, it is unknown whether Russia hacked the RNC. They accomplished their goal with the DNC so I'm not sure why they would bother letting anyone know if they did.

Second, blaming the victim is a common bullying technique. Sure, the DNC could have beefed up security, but it's pretty hard to secure your systems from a hacker with the kind of resources a top tier government sponsored group could have at their disposal.

• Like Like x 3
  13. SkepticThinker

SkepticThinker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,430
    So he has blamed everyone except the parties that are actually responsible. Sounds about right for him. o_O

• Like Like x 1