• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump and His Terrorist Have Lost.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I don't deny it....but I've resisted it.
Big mistake it was to come down from the trees.

Many were increasingly of the opinion that they'd all made a big mistake coming down from the trees in the first place, and some said that even the trees had been a bad move, and that no-one should ever have left the oceans.

Douglas Adams - Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

ajay0

This is a challenge facing American democracy at the moment and they should navigate it with prudence and patience like their illustrious forefathers did so as to climb greater heights.

George Washington stated , 'Decision making, like coffee, needs a cooling process.'

It is important to show patience and non-reactivity to cool inflamed passions and tempers and stop feeding the trolls with attention , and slowly the protests will wane.

I will miss Trump as he was a daily source of comic amusement with his antics. Biden seems to be a boring professional who studies and judges by the facts and follows due process and exercises due diligence.

AgnosticGuy

Open-minded skeptic
The electoral count continues.
The acts of violence and terrorism did not stop what must be done.
Congress restarts electoral count Wednesday night after mob stormed Capitol
Trump has lost. But political terrorists on both sides are still here. The forces inciting extremism on both sides, starting with identity politics (using the race and class), corrupt political parties wanting power, among other things are still here. But I at least have confidence that Biden will do a better job (better than Trump) at taming some extremism.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
And, therefore, Trump and his terrorists have lost? I'm sorry, but that is near epic naivete.
They failed in their goal of over turning the election. They failed in their court challenges, their harassment and intimidation failed, at every step every effort failed.

AgnosticGuy

Open-minded skeptic
:facepalm:
Come back with a real example of extremism.
We saw extremism when it came to BLM and Antifa riots. Of course, we also saw it with pro-Trump crowds. Do you acknowledge both? If that's not extreme to you, then I won't waste my time pointing to any other examples. If you think only one group is extreme and not the other then I also won't waste my time unless you're really willing to have a real debate with me on that issue.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
We saw extremism when it came to BLM and Antifa riots. Of course, we also saw it with pro-Trump crowds. Do you acknowledge both? If that's not extreme to you, then I won't waste my time pointing to any other examples. If you think only one group is extreme and not the other then I also won't waste my time unless you're really willing to have a real debate with me on that issue.
They way you hold that over me, please do move on. Identify and class are extreme? Antifa riots?:facepalm:
You do know antifa is not an organization, don't you? They don't even have a website (which makes it more loose and nebulous than other loose and nebulous radical LW groups like ALF).
Like it or not, antifa is an ideology, not an organization or cohesive group. Thus no "antifa riots."

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I would wager that not one in a hundred of that scum squad, least of all Trump, believed that they would overturn the election.
Trump I doubt he thought it could happen.
Those who stormed Congress screaming "we want Trump," they probably thought they had a chance. After all, this is largely the same group who believes the Earth is only 10,000 years old at the most, that proper sex ed will ruin kids, that there are satanic pedophile democrats, Obama is a Kenyan muslim, global warming is either not happening or gods plan for the end, amd the same jackasses who believe Dungeons and Dragons, Magic the Gathering, and Harry Potter teach real witchcraft and how to summon demons. Considering all that, it's not a stretch to think they thought they had a chance at success.

Last edited:

AgnosticGuy

Open-minded skeptic
They way you hold that over me, please do move on. Identify and class are extreme? Antifa riots?:facepalm:
You do know antifa is not an organization, don't you? They don't even have a website (which makes it more loose and nebulous than other loose and nebulous radical LW groups like ALF).
Like it or not, antifa is an ideology, not an organization or cohesive group. Thus no "antifa riots."
When people organize under that ideology?! Though they may not be a formal organization but they do have groups. Let's start here:

Antifa (/ænˈtiːfə, ˈæntiˌfɑː/)[1] is a left-wing anti-fascist and anti-racist political movement in the United States. It is highly decentralized and comprises an array of autonomous groups that aim to achieve their objectives through the use of both nonviolent and violent direct action rather than through policy reform.
Source: Antifa (United States) - Wikipedia

Also, your silence on BLM is noted, which is why I'm skeptical of if people are really against violence, or are they for violence when it is from people of their "group" or political party. There's a distinction!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Also, your silence on BLM is noted
I found a better opening with "Antifa riots." It's absurd.
When people organize under that ideology?! Though they may not be a formal organization but they do have groups. Let's start here:
A few people people together under a common ideology doesn't make much an organization. Antifa is that loose and nebulous. It's basically a RW boogeyman, especially how everyone they don't like is antifa, anyone who is oppositional towards them is antifa, amd anyone looking or acting scary is antifa, even if they are there in opposition to antifa.
And it still stands not one comparable has been offered.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Something to remember before we consider what has and hasn't been lost:

"A coup is an illegal attempt to take power through force or the threat of force, usually involving at least a faction of the military or formal security forces, though sometimes they are backed by paramilitaries or other armed groups.

That’s not what happened in Washington yesterday.

These days, democracies tend to collapse from piecemeal backsliding that falls short of the technical definition of a coup, but is often ultimately more damaging. A clear pattern has played out in countries around the world, including Turkey, Russia, Hungary, and Venezuela, in which leaders come to office through elections but then undermine norms, gut institutions and change laws to dismantle any restraints on their power. Eventually, their countries become dictatorships in all but name."
From - It Wasn’t Strictly a Coup Attempt. But It’s Not Over, Either.

AgnosticGuy

Open-minded skeptic
The electoral count continues.
The acts of violence and terrorism did not stop what must be done.
Congress restarts electoral count Wednesday night after mob stormed Capitol
Here's another point to consider, and many may not have thought of it if they are just getting their information from one news source. If not every single pro-Trump protestor broke into the US Capitol so why are we painting all of them with a broad brush? Was it the majority of the protestors or just a small percentage that caused mayhem? I certainly see no problem standing outside the US Capitol and making your voice heard as opposed to forcibly entering and vandalizing the place.

In light of that thought, I can not call every single pro-Trump protestor "terrorists" just as I wouldn't call every single BLM protestor "terrorists". I think that's fair.