• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump additional impeachment charge witness tampering

Riders

Trump started personally attacking and threatening the woman who testified this morning on twitter. He intimidated and attacked her. House intelligence committee and House is now saying there will be more impeachment charges, its witness tampering and obstruction of justice. He threatened her on twitter.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Trump started personally attacking and threatening the woman who testified this morning on twitter. He intimidated and attacked her. House intelligence committee and House is now saying there will be more impeachment charges, its witness tampering and obstruction of justice. He threatened her on twitter.

What was the threat?

Riders

What was the threat?

He threatened her job.

Heres the tweets.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

·
3h

Everywhere Marie Yovanovitch went turned bad. She started off in Somalia, how did that go? Then fast forward to Ukraine, where the new Ukrainian President spoke unfavorably about her in my second phone call with him. It is a U.S. President’s absolute right to appoint ambassadors.

Show this thread

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

·
4h

......filth pouring into the Pacific Ocean is rapidly becoming an environmental hazard, is getting NOTHING DONE. She is a Do Nothing Democrat as Speaker, and will hopefully not be in that position very long. Approve USMCA, which has been sitting on her desk for month

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

Fox News host
Bret Baier said Friday that President Trump's tweet criticizing former Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch was "adding an article of impeachment real-time."

"That was a turning point in this hearing so far," Baier said on Twitter of Trump's tweet.

"She was already a sympathetic witness & the President’s tweet ripping her allowed Schiff to point it out real time characterizing it as witness tampering or intimidation -adding an article of impeachment real-time," he added.

Bret Baier says Trump tweet added an article of impeachment in real time

BSM1

What? Me worry?
He threatened her job.

Heres the tweets.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

·
3h

Everywhere Marie Yovanovitch went turned bad. She started off in Somalia, how did that go? Then fast forward to Ukraine, where the new Ukrainian President spoke unfavorably about her in my second phone call with him. It is a U.S. President’s absolute right to appoint ambassadors.

Show this thread

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

·
4h

......filth pouring into the Pacific Ocean is rapidly becoming an environmental hazard, is getting NOTHING DONE. She is a Do Nothing Democrat as Speaker, and will hopefully not be in that position very long. Approve USMCA, which has been sitting on her desk for month

You do realize that Ambassadors from our country serve at the pleasure of the President of the United States. The President has the right and power to fire an ambassador at any given time for any given reason.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
You do realize that Ambassadors from our country serve at the pleasure of the President of the United States. The President has the right and power to fire an ambassador at any given time for any given reason.

Even if the reason is being honest on oath, ain't job security a boon eh

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Man, it would be sooo delicious if "live witness tampering" ends up being a nail in this fargin' icehole's coffin.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Any reason...any time...any president (thankfully your opinion is just that).
But he can't really stop them from writing books or testifying in Congress or going on Sunday morning talk shows...

Oh wait! He can. He can shoot anybody he wants, in broad daylight on 5th Avenue.
And his base won't care. Because laws don't apply to billionaires.
Tom

BSM1

What? Me worry?
But he can't really stop them from writing books or testifying in Congress or going on Sunday morning talk shows...

Oh wait! He can. He can shoot anybody he wants, in broad daylight on 5th Avenue.
And his base won't care. Because laws don't apply to billionaires.
Tom

Unfortunately your unbridled and demented bias shows through what you consider a sound argument or cogent statement of fact. That's a shame because you seem like an otherwise intelligent person.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Unfortunately your unbridled and demented bias shows through what you consider a sound argument or cogent statement of fact. That's a shame because you seem like an otherwise intelligent person.
So now you don't understand sarcasm. Oh well, Trumpism does seem to be a progressive disease.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Any reason...any time...any president (thankfully your opinion is just that).

It is law that one does not perjure oneself under oath and despite his claim that he is above the law, it is still the law

So i wonder if he will stomp his foot like the child he is and sack her and accept the blowback or will much saner minds advise him correctly?

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
A psychopath in meltdown. Just what the US needs in the Oval Office.

Prior to this I expected the Reps to back him up. I’m beginning to think they will see the wisdom in throwing him under the bus, as soon as possible.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
So you think that the fact a president has a particular power means he can use that power to commit a crime?