• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump 2024?

We Never Know

No Slack
A national Emerson College poll released in September gave Trump a slim edge over Biden in a hypothetical 2024 matchup. Favored to win 47 percent to 46 percent, Trump's edge was within the poll's margin of error of 2.7 percentage points, which indicated that if the election were held today, it could go in either candidate's favor.
While Trump had low approval ratings throughout his presidency, it's possible voters are seeing him in a different light after he left office. His approval rating in Iowa is higher than it was during the entire course of his presidency, according to a Des Moines Register poll, and a Harvard CAPS-Harris poll in September found voters were drawn more to Trump than they were to Biden.

Could Donald Trump beat Joe Biden, Kamala Harris in 2024? What the polls show

Voter turnout will be key I suspect if Trump runs again.
Of course polls. :rolleyes: Don't seem to be a good indicator of much.

For the 2024 election surely we can do better than having Trump at 78 and Biden at 81 both running for president again.
If they are the best America has to offer we are in trouble.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
For the 2024 election surely we can do better than having Trump at 78 and Biden at 81 both running for president again.

It is not about the best, IMO. It is about the most popular. That why we get what we get.
Obviously some voters take this seriously, just not enough.

We Never Know

No Slack
It is not about the best, IMO. It is about the most popular. That why we get what we get.
Obviously some voters take this seriously, just not enough.

If its about the most popular, Gore would have won over Bush and Hillary would have won over Trump.
Its about the two parties controlling who runs and who wins.

Ponder This

Maybe, but my point was more than just theoretical. Most democratic systems are skewed towards candidates being almost compromise candidates from within different factional groups. In simple terms, Group A might want a progressive candidate because they think they're best. Group B might want a more conservative candidate for the same reason. And the candidate you end up with is a different person from what either of the groups wanted, simply because they were at least somewhat acceptable to both.

How does your point relate to Biden as a candidate in 2024?

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
If its about the most popular, Gore would have won over Bush and Hillary would have won over Trump.
Its about the two parties controlling who runs and who wins.

Well....
They weren't popular enough. :D
One needs to be extra popular to defeat the established political control.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
How does your point relate to Biden as a candidate in 2024?

I was generalising. I'm not as across factionalism in US politics as I am in Australian.
But it's at least possible that it was at play in him becoming the candidate in 2020, and that directly feeds into his likelihood to be the 2024 candidate.

We Never Know

No Slack
A national Emerson College poll released in September gave Trump a slim edge over Biden in a hypothetical 2024 matchup. Favored to win 47 percent to 46 percent, Trump's edge was within the poll's margin of error of 2.7 percentage points, which indicated that if the election were held today, it could go in either candidate's favor.
While Trump had low approval ratings throughout his presidency, it's possible voters are seeing him in a different light after he left office. His approval rating in Iowa is higher than it was during the entire course of his presidency, according to a Des Moines Register poll, and a Harvard CAPS-Harris poll in September found voters were drawn more to Trump than they were to Biden.

Could Donald Trump beat Joe Biden, Kamala Harris in 2024? What the polls show

Voter turnout will be key I suspect if Trump runs again.
Of course polls. :rolleyes: Don't seem to be a good indicator of much.

In my opinion I don't think he will run in 2024 unless he is 100% sure he will win.
He wouldn't recover from being a two time loser.
I don't think many, if any, have lost twice.

tytlyf

Not Religious
In my opinion I don't think he will run in 2024 unless he is 100% sure he will win.
He's not going to run, but he will *hint* that he will. This keeps the grift going of manipulating his followers for Ca$h donations. He's milking his supporters dry.
DeSantis will run in 2024 and the former guy will attempt to be FL governor

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I think its going to be that way for the foreseeable future going forward.

Hint: The common citizens are no longer the reason they run for office.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

Yeah, I don't know why anyone sane would go through the Trump presidency twice. Not even Trump.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I was listening to Michael Cohen a few days ago, and he agrees with you. He says that Trump simply cannot take any defeat, which is also what Trump's sister and niece also have said, therefore another defeat would crush him.

However, he said Trump will not likely say the above because he wants the funding, which then he could use for someone loyal to him that would run. IMO, this is likely why the crazies are coming out of the woodwork to try and impress him with how nuts but loyal to him they are. Remember, it was Trump's bombastic behavior that got him all the free publicity that helped lead to his victory in 2016, thus feeding the hate that his base, clearly displayed on Fox nightly, still exhibits on a regular basis. However, enough Pubs got used to that behavior and basically said "enough is enough!" in 2020, and hopefully they don't revert and support such an authoritarian traitor in 2024.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
In my opinion I don't think he will run in 2024 unless he is 100% sure he will win. He wouldn't recover from being a two time loser. I don't think many, if any, have lost twice.

He's not going to run, but he will *hint* that he will. This keeps the grift going of manipulating his followers for Ca$h donations. He's milking his supporters dry. DeSantis will run in 2024 and the former guy will attempt to be FL governor

I have a different read on Trump. I think that what occupies his mind most is not having the spotlight on him any longer and his fading relevance, not his legal problems, and not the specter of losing. He misses having a platform since being banned from Twitter and losing the bully pulpit. He misses being seen and applauded. He is full of hatred and misses the opportunity to be arrogant, bigoted, and cruel.

Yes, Trump would fraudulently represent running again even if he had no interest in so doing for the fund-raising benefit, but he's a malignant narcissist and a bully, and needs attention and power. He'll make his best effort to get that back. I don't see him settling for less than the White House, so the talk of him trying to become a congressperson or a governor doesn't resonate. He wouldn't get the power or attention, and he would likely see it as demeaning to him.

He also may believe that the last election was stolen from him, and that he is actually much more popular than he is, which argues for running again.

There's also the fact that the GOP has shorn up voting in several states in such a way that had the new provisions been in effect in 2020, they could have stolen the election themselves:

"Among the dozens of election reform laws changing rules regarding how voters cast ballots, several have also diminished secretaries of states' authority over elections or shifted aspects of election administration to highly partisan bodies, such as state legislators themselves or unevenly bipartisan election boards. "Inserting partisan actors into election administration ... is really a worrying trend when you understand it in the context of what happened in 2020," said Jessica Marsden, counsel for Protect Democracy, a nonprofit founded by former executive branch officials in the White House Counsel's Office and Department of Justice." 10 new state laws shift power over elections to partisan entities

Can the Democrats counter that with a new voting rights act? Possibly.

I don't think Trump could win a fair election, but I'm not expecting a fair election, even if all of the ballots are counted properly. So, he will likely run and likely win, even if indicted, even if in prison, although being incarcerated could possibly cost him the election simply because it would cramp his ability to stump and be on the evening news.

pearl

Didn't want to start a new thread just to post this. In Massachusetts our very popular Republican governor is not going to run for a third term. There is already a candidate with Trump's backing, but don't think he's got a chance in this state.

Trump just wants his base to send him money. Key to that is vague discussions about running again, election stolen, etc.
I don't think he's actually going to run.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Trump just wants his base to send him money. Key to that is vague discussions about running again, election stolen, etc.
I don't think he's actually going to run.

I wouldn't be surprised if he swindles his followers out of their money, just as he swindled a lot of people out of their money with his Trump University. He was court-ordered to pay a $25 million settlement in the case against his so-called business university. Not only that, but he was also court-ordered to pay $2 million for illegally using Trump Organization funds. He was forced to pay eight separate charities $250,000 each. He also paid $1.4 million in 1998 to settle a class-action lawsuit that alleged he avoided paying a union pension fund by employing undocumented Polish workers. Yes, he hired undocumented workers to demolish an area where he had planned to build his Trump Tower. He is a (greedy, lying, cheating, deceptive) charlatan, and he has a well documented history of cheating people out of their money. He's a notorious con artist, who knows how to play people like a fiddle.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised if he swindles his followers out of their money, just as he swindled a lot of people out of their money with his Trump University. He was court-ordered to pay a $25 million settlement in the case against his so-called business university. Not only that, but he was also court-ordered to pay $2 million for illegally using Trump Organization funds. He was forced to pay eight separate charities $250,000 each. He also paid $1.4 million in 1998 to settle a class-action lawsuit that alleged he avoided paying a union pension fund by employing undocumented Polish workers. Yes, he hired undocumented workers to demolish an area where he had planned to build his Trump Tower. He is a (greedy, lying, cheating, deceptive) charlatan, and he has a well documented history of cheating people out of their money. He's a notorious con artist, who knows how to play people like a fiddle.

All of what you wrote is accurate.

There was a recent news piece talking about how all the donations to his superpac are basically his money now. He's made around $500 million from people donating to that.

GardenLady

America already elected him once.

Because the antiquated Constitution gave him the electoral college. He did not win the popular vote.

The deified founders could never have imagined the America of today. If they had, what different choices would they have made?