• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

True or not true about evolution...?

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
I have answered based on the FACT that there is no real, substantial evidence of genes moving from one type, form, kind, or whatever you want to call it, to another. And forming a different type, species, or something else.

So you are claiming to have read and understood every single article and paper on the genetic evidence for evolution? Otherwise, you could hardly be claiming that it is a "FACT" that none exist.

This would also make it very strange that you totally ignore articles and papers that are given to you that contain said evidence. If you knew all about it, it would be simple for you to just tell us all in what way each one is not really evidence and move on.

You have been given examples of solid evidence multiple times by myself and others. You haven't even bothered to acknowledge that it's been posted in most cases, let alone attempted to address it to and say why you think it's not valid evidence. You've just come back a bit later repeating the falsehood that there is no evidence.

Here you are again, just a small sample of the evidence you've said (multiple times now) doesn't exist.

Testing Common Ancestry: It’s All About the Mutations
Common Descent vs. Common Design: 4 Examples Explained Better by Descent (last three examples)
The Evidence For Evolution: A Succinct Introduction For Denialists
Genesis and the Genome (pdf)
Beyond Reasonable Doubt: Evolution from DNA Sequences

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Sometimes people are psychologically blind. I have answerd; you just didn't see it.

Did you type it on an invisible keyboard?
Or are they invisible pixels?
Is the text opacity set to 0?

:) And I do not have "blind" faith -- I have answered based on the FACT that there is no real, substantial evidence of genes moving from one type, form, kind, or whatever you want to call it, to another

I addressed this nonsense in several posts in this thread alone. You responded to none of them.
Your statement is nonsensical in context of evolution theory and genetics.

I suggest you first learn what evolution theory and genetics really are all about before you start trying to poke holes in stuff you clearly do not understand.

Seriously, your statement about "genes moving from one type, form, kind, whatever, to another" is utterly meaningless.

And forming a different type, species, or something else.

Addressed this nonsense also, multiple times, in this thread alone.
The bottom line is that in evolution species speciate into SUB SPECIES.
Cats don't product dogs. They produce more cats and subspecies of cats - which remain cats.

If you see cats evolve into dogs, evolution theory is falsified.

Nothing but looking at forms and genes and then figuring it just had to come about by itself of, as you call it, "natural selection." (No proof whatsoever.)

Reproduction with variation (mutation) demonstrably occurs.
Mutations demonstrably are inherited by off spring.
Natural selection demonstrably occurs

These 3 together inevitably drive change over time. To the point of speciation. Which also demonstrably occurs.

But thanks for the conversation, and I see your prejudice.

Sure, I'm prejudice. I'm prejudiced concerning evidence.
I'll happily dismiss any claims, especially extra-ordinary ones, that aren't supported by evidence - or worse: are contradicted by evidence.
I'll also happily accept any claims, regardless of "ordinary-level", that are supported by evidence.

I'm also prejudiced against pretending to know a subject while really not understanding even the most basic principles.

By the way, I am NOT against science if you have read my posts

You're certainly not arguing against any science either, as the picture you paint of the theory you are supposedly trying to poke holes in, is really nothing but a rather unsophisticated strawman.

Some here claim a belief in God, and also evoluition. (shrug.) Maybe you can talk to them if you're an atheist as to WHY they believe in God. (Have a nice day and have a good time.)

Don't worry, I can talk to the both of you. As I do.