• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

True or False

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
pertaining to the nature of a god....

draw the line if you can
I believe in god.

What I don't believe is that anyone knows anything important about god, which is why I don't believe in religion.
But science is finding out some things. God likes spheres and spirals more than cubes and straight lines. God doesn't believe in beginnings or endings, but rather transformation and cycles.

Religion is fiction.

Tom

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
I believe in god.

What I don't believe is that anyone knows anything important about god, which is why I don't believe in religion.
But science is finding out some things. God likes spheres and spirals more than cubes and straight lines. God doesn't believe in beginnings or endings, but rather transformation and cycles.

Religion is fiction.

Tom
In response to this proposition, I would say "True."

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I believe in god.

Religion is fiction.

Tom
How did you get that out of the OP?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member

draw the line if you can
The line between what qualifies as part of the nature of a god and what does not?

There is no such line. Literally anything goes if one feels like allowing it, and nothing does likewise.

God is a word of entirely arbitrary meaning. Perhaps the most extremely arbitrary of all.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss

draw the line if you can
rotflmao

People draw lines concerning the nature of god all the time.
He is all powerful, except he cannot make a rock to heavy to lift...
he is one but also three...
He cannot lie...
he cannot be unjust...
etc.
And I haven't even left Christianity....

pearl

God is a word of entirely arbitrary meaning. Perhaps the most extremely arbitrary of all.

It seems we, believers and non believers, scientists and theologians, are all on the same quest, in search of how and why, whether by Scripture or super collider.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
It seems we, believers and non believers, scientists and theologians, are all on the same quest, in search of how and why, whether by Scripture or super collider.
I will have to respectfully disagree.

What you seem to be describing is not only theism, or perhaps a longing for theism, but also a specific form of it.

I don't think it is nearly as widespread as you describe it.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I see some are confused......perhaps this will help

good and bad refer to the condition of a thing
right and wrong to moral issuses
correct and incorrect to the answered question

good and evil to the nature of spirit

I might assume a false god capable of lying
and the deception difficult to reveal

how would you know?

sealchan

The line between what qualifies as part of the nature of a god and what does not?

There is no such line. Literally anything goes if one feels like allowing it, and nothing does likewise.

God is a whole term like Universe and Consciousness. They represent the "set of all things" and as such are mysterious.

Jumi

Conflicting traditional and modern meanings don't necessarily make it arbitrary. Just hard to talk about between people who don't accept each others definitions.