• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

True Love

Adie

True love is different for everyone. For me it's a feeling of security, warmth, and trust. Sex is a way of expressing love, but since you can have sex without it being with your "true love," it's certainly not among the signs of true love. With someone you love, however, sex becomes something incredible. It's a way of showing your care for someone and enjoying your intimacy with them. It's not necessary in a "true love relationship," but it does heighten the experience, in my opinion.

maggie2

My favorite description of love comes from the book "The Road Less Traveled" by M. Scott Peck. Peck says love is: "the willingness to exert onself to nurture spiritual growth in oneself or in another". I have found this to be a really profound description.