• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

True Love, What is it?

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
There has been a lot of talk recently (at least in threads I've been partaking), of Love and it's effects.

What is/does True Love mean to you.

True Love towards Self, Others, Friends, Family? What shows true love to you, and how do you cultivate it in your life?

IMG_20211009_112514.jpg

Sleepy, unconditionally Loving puppy/doggo. :)

Lain

There has been a lot of talk recently (at least in threads I've been partaking), of Love and it's effects.

True Love towards Self, Others, Friends, Family? What shows true love to you, and how do you cultivate it in your life?

View attachment 56315

True love to me is self-sacrifice for the good of another, and the same for yourself. At least in reference to creatures. For truly loving God is more like unwavering fidelity. How I cultivate the first is going beyond for others even when I hate doing so, as eventually continually practicing in that way makes it a habit. For the second it is similar, doing even if you hate it and going beyond in it so that it becomes a habit.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It's recognition of value for what is, so if negative it takes on form of hate mixed with compassion and if positive takes on form of love mixed with honor and appreciation.

Suave

Simulated character

View attachment 56315

True love is when I don't care where I go
when I'm with her
When I cry, she don't laugh
'Cause she knows me

I'm in her, she's in me
I'm in her, she's in me
'Cause she gave me the love
Love that I never had
Yes, she gave me the love
Love that I never had

She and I don't pretend
we make love
I can't feel any more
than I'm singing.

I'm in her, she's in me
I'm in her, she's in me
Cause she gave me the love
Love that I never had
She gave me the love
Love that I never had

Come so far when she thinks
of our last call
You can't buy what we made,
she and I, oh that's true love!

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I feel sorry for Iblis, but I still curse him. God has compassion for all things, but still curses and will punish disbelievers in Ahlulbayt (a) exponentially. There is nothing wrong with hate, it's part of love. Love applied to negative value, means hate.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
True love, putting the needs of those you love before your own needs.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member

View attachment 56315

I have absolutely no idea.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
As for loving God, it means to recognize him, and the least of that, is you should belittle everything compared to him and seek to connect yourself to those who connect you to him.

As for truly loving God, it's to distance from everything except his utmost light in creation which unites every positive pure blessing in it, and to know God and not know due to God's face, anything really but that.

It's to recognize everything but God is false, and every blessing other then him disappearing.

Close your eyes, and see God. Close your eyes, because, they are false eyes that seek other then God's face and don't seek anything but God's face.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I'm not sure how to describe it, but my brother and I shared a very deep bond love that was unconditional. We accepted and supported each other, amd walked with eachother through many our hardest struggles.
There were no eros elements, obviously, but that love was more true and pure than what I had with my ex.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
We could expand on that and say putting the need of all other before one's own needs.

Then the Love finds no barriers.

Regards Tony

You can, i am not in the habit of loving child molesters, rapists, murderers, and most other people. Like respect, love should be earned and not given away freely which i believe devalues any love you have to give