• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

True Kaballah!

Scarlett Wampus

psychonaut
Interesting people behind that organisation. Decent people too imo. Reading earlier websites they produced made me realise how inadequate and warped my knowledge of the Kabbalah was when my only source had been occult books.

I liked that lecture. I did feel a bit disapointed when I heard this though: "The method of developing this extra sense is called Kabbalah." Actually, there are a large number of different systems for developing that...transrational awareness?/whatever...and they all have their merits. If the advocates of such systems are willing to acknowledge the system they favour is one of many and not the 'true' system then the collective influence would be much greater. Lets not confuse a map, no matter how elegant it is, for the territory. Admittedly the lecture does go on to say its a map, but then it says Kabbalah is science "...so fundamental it can only be called Wisdom." Again, the language used and some of the assertions made give me the impression that the speaker is mistaking the symbols on a map for objective reality. The transrational does indeed seem overwhelmingly real yet the classic mistake made by anyone with experience of it is to confuse their interpretation of it into a language of sorts for the thing in itself.

Felt I had to say that since I think its very important.