• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trudeau-

Bob Jones

Prove It!
VANCOUVER (NEWS 1130) — Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau is apologizing after Time Magazine discovered a yearbook photo of him wearing ‘brownface.’

“I take responsibility for my decision to do that, I shouldn’t have done it, I should have known better. It was something I didn’t think was racist at the time, but now I recognize it was something racist to do and I am deeply sorry.”
Will Canadians put this man back in office after 5 ethical convictions as mandated by the Canadian Governmental Ethics Board? After his government paid millions to terrorist and now a questionable racist?

Altfish

Veteran Member
Stupid things come back to haunt you.
It's like the number of people turn up at a fancy dress in Nazi gear or dressed as Red Indians; if it is a fancy dress party I have a lot of sympathy for them.
I did many things in my youth; I went to one party dressed as a woman - it was a joke, I wasn't insulting transsexuals but the opposition press will always find an angle.

He's apologised, move on

Bob Jones

Prove It!
Virginia Governor Ralph Northam Admits to Michael Jackson Blackface. Yes here is another case. People where very aggressive seeking his resignation. Associate Press 2-2-19

Cooky

Veteran Member
Stupid things come back to haunt you.
It's like the number of people turn up at a fancy dress in Nazi gear or dressed as Red Indians; if it is a fancy dress party I have a lot of sympathy for them.
I did many things in my youth; I went to one party dressed as a woman - it was a joke, I wasn't insulting transsexuals but the opposition press will always find an angle.

He's apologised, move on

Trump said some stupid things before he was president... Can we dismiss those things too?

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
VANCOUVER (NEWS 1130) — Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau is apologizing after Time Magazine discovered a yearbook photo of him wearing ‘brownface.’

“I take responsibility for my decision to do that, I shouldn’t have done it, I should have known better. It was something I didn’t think was racist at the time, but now I recognize it was something racist to do and I am deeply sorry.”
Will Canadians put this man back in office after 5 ethical convictions as mandated by the Canadian Governmental Ethics Board? After his government paid millions to terrorist and now a questionable racist?

It's interesting how so many people are being exposed by stuff that they did years or decades ago. But what I also wonder about the fact that "Time magazine discovered a yearbook photo of him."

Aren't school yearbooks publicly available, and wouldn't the media already review stuff like that while vetting politicians for public office? Why would this be something that they only just now "discovered"?

All of these revelations make me think that, up until recently, the media have been pretty darn sloppy in getting information on political candidates and other matters of public interest.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
It's interesting how so many people are being exposed by stuff that they did years or decades ago. But what I also wonder about the fact that "Time magazine discovered a yearbook photo of him."

Aren't school yearbooks publicly available, and wouldn't the media already review stuff like that while vetting politicians for public office? Why would this be something that they only just now "discovered"?

All of these revelations make me think that, up until recently, the media have been pretty darn sloppy in getting information on political candidates and other matters of public interest.

I just think that at election time, the digging for 'dirt' gets more extensive. Could well be a few people hired to do just that. It's the nature of today's politics. But things are changing. Look at the number of folks who admit to smoking weed, for example. I seriously doubt this will have much affect on this election.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
What matters most is if an elected official were still being racist. Since, this brown-face/blackface incident seems to be a youthful indiscretion, then we should just let it go.

hqdefault.jpg

Justin%2BTrudeau1.jpg

Last edited:

Phaedrus

In my younger days, I was part of a huge production where we wore stage makeup. We had to darken our skin to make ourselves appear as those would have in ancient middle east. Plus, something else most people do not know is that bright lights shining on stage can make a person disappear without the proper makeup to darken the skin.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I just think that at election time, the digging for 'dirt' gets more extensive. Could well be a few people hired to do just that. It's the nature of today's politics. But things are changing. Look at the number of folks who admit to smoking weed, for example. I seriously doubt this will have much affect on this election.

It's hard to say. I just find it interesting that someone who's been an established politician and a national leader for several years - something like this comes out as a "new revelation."

There was something here recently, where a professor at the University of Arizona College of Medicine had to step down as department chair due to criticism over a homophobic letter to the editor he wrote in 2004 when he was in Utah. He apologized for it, but people are still calling for him to be fired.

Of course, he's not a national politician, but it still makes me wonder why it would take so long to bring something like that to people's attention. Either nobody checked years ago, or something happened recently which led people to do a more extensive investigation.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
While I have always viewed Trudeau as a limp noodle weenie, I think this most recent "scandal" is just more proof that Canadians have just as many stupid and hysterical mountains out of molehills types as we have here in the U.S.

b7e5ac541f133cafe8e909dbb8f9c1c1

c24c2fa06989758ecddb9fc79483c89213ae8b9a.jpeg