• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Troublemane joins the Mod Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troublemane

Hi yas! For those not knowin already, my name is Mike. I'm 40 yrs old. So my life is only just now beginning! :D

My sister is Heather (Mystic Sang'ha..not Sang'arrrgh!), and it was she who suckered me..eh, I mean, convinced me to come join y'all here at RF. :angel2:

Here's a couple random details:
I'm an electrician, and am working on a movie (which we are sooo close to finishing).
I live in Florida and work at Disney World.
I used to smoke 2 packs a day, Camel non-filters. AND smoke a pipe, AND cigars. But then I quit 5 years ago, when i caught pneumonia and smoking was so painful I threw away all my pipes/cigars/etc and never regretted quitting. (the pain of trying to smoke is clearly engrained in my memory).

I love death metal. Nile is my favorite band. Sentenced a close second.

I just reconnected with my soulmate. She's awesome, and I know I will love her no matter where she goes, what she does. I feel a missing piece of me has been returned. I feel whole again. :D And maybe, if the plots/plans of my sister and I are successful, we will beguile her into joining RF as well! muahahah!...i mean, ah...she'd love it here, I am sure! :angel2:

I have a cat named Charlie, ........full name, Charlie Alpha Tango.:bkcat:

My favorite movie is currently "Tropic Thunder". I fall over laughing every time I watch it. I hope it wins an Academy Award, but it probably won't.

I grew up Roman Catholic, so I still have a fondness for ostentatious, somber ceremonial forms of religious expression. But it also means I am attracted to the complete opposite: anarchic, shamanistic, trance-inducing drums/dancing. I love both. :angel2:

I love Guinness!!!

well, that's it fer now. Have a good one, guys! I'll be seein yas around!

Mike

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Heya Mike, good to have you on the team ;)

Impressive call on quitting the smokes.

What other music genres do you like other than death metal?

I recently watched Tropic thunder, and I hoped to God 'Satan's alley' was a genuine trailer :D

as for your liking of drums and trance inducement, I also have some kind of percussion fetish, and I have been in the past to some intense trance raves in the forests and deserts. although it has been a while since I experienced something like that again, I remember some experiences from those times fondly.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Welcome to the team Mike.
icon14.gif

What's this movie you're working on about?

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Welcome to the team, brah. Now I get to make up for all that time growing up where you picked on your little sister.

That was - what - like 36 years of us growing up then? We got lots of time for payback. :D

Oh, and thanks for the "Tropic Thunder" recommendation. Tom Cruise's character was probably one of the best I've ever seen him do. *hee hee*

Ringer

Jar of Clay
Two questions that I'd like answered:
  1. What's it like working at Disney World? I mean, does it become just like any other job after a while or is it really a "magical" place to work (this is what I hear from on campus recruiters for Walt Disney World)?
  2. What was your favorite blend of pipe tobaccoo?
I'm happy to see you are part of the team. :highfive:

Troublemane

...Impressive call on quitting the smokes.

What other music genres do you like other than death metal?

pretty much everything but country music, although living in the south has slowly made it grow on me. i like country ok, now, but its not my first choice...its soooo sad! if i listened to it 24/7 id prolly shoot myself.:rolleyes:

Troublemane

Welcome to the team Mike.
icon14.gif

What's this movie you're working on about?

Thanks Rick, its a werewolf movie,....kind'a :D I'm not sure it'll make any money, but the plan is to show it at film festivals. Maybe ill be able to get people interested in my stuff, and i can do another project. Then another, and another, etc.:trampo:

Welcome to the team, brah. Now I get to make up for all that time growing up where you picked on your little sister.

That was - what - like 36 years of us growing up then? We got lots of time for payback. :D

Oh, and thanks for the "Tropic Thunder" recommendation. Tom Cruise's character was probably one of the best I've ever seen him do. *hee hee*

"Punch the director in the face,....really...hard!!!" LoLz! Ya! Hilarious! :biglaugh:

A very fine addition indeed, congratulations!

Thanks, Mike.

Welcome Mike! Heather gave us lots of good dirt on you, so we'll set up an account for you to send our payments soon.

The frubals you requested are in the mail. :D

Troublemane

Hi Mike!

You'll make a perfect addition to the mod team. :D Great intro, btw.

Are you a pilot?

Not a pilot, though I get mistaken for a monkey sometimes! (born year of the monkey, and my name is Michael Nesbit....for those of you older types, this will be hilarious):monkey:

Two questions that I'd like answered:
  1. What's it like working at Disney World? I mean, does it become just like any other job after a while or is it really a "magical" place to work (this is what I hear from on campus recruiters for Walt Disney World)?
  2. What was your favorite blend of pipe tobaccoo?
I'm happy to see you are part of the team. :highfive:

(1) Dinsey World is absolutely a magical place to work. Most mornings when I go to work, I see a few deer hangin out by our storage trailer, where we keep our vehicles and equipment. They run away before I can get a good pic of em, but last week I think i got a couple (need to develop the film tho...no its not digital! LoL!)...and sometimes when you are sitting backstage, taking a break, a barber shop quartet will walk by singing, or a woman dressed as a medieval princess will walk by, or horses will go past. And within sight is a huge palace, that changes colors at night. So ya, its a rather magical place, indeed. :D

(2)My favorite pipe tobaccos (back when i smoked) were cherry, or vanilla, or anything that had a good, hearty flavor. But in my poverty, the tobacco I wound up smoking most was called "Half n' Half", cuz it was half burly/half bright. REALLY cheap, as cheap as prince albert but this stuff burns great and its got a kick to it. A pouch would cost me $1.89 and it would take me a week to smoke two pouches. So economically, smoking a pipe was way better than cigarettes. Im still glad I quit, though. :jiggy:

Now...is there anyway you can send me some Mickey Mouse ears Mike?

Anytime you'd like, Rizza!

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Troublemane,
Thanks for sharing.
Personally am trying to quit smoking [moderate about 10 cigarettes] as find smoking to be the only non-positive and totally negative intake for the body besides another attachment.
Best Wishes for your new responsibilities here at RF.
LOve & rgds

EiNsTeiN

Boo-h!
Heya Mike!...Great to have you on board :)

I have a question for you..Was it hard to quite smoking? And did you have a special strategy to quite, or you just "made it"?

Another one, how do you think your new position as a mod helps you to contribute in RF?

Troublemane

Thanks Einstein. No I have no strategy to quit smoking. I quit because I had pneumonia, and it was just too painful to smoke. I can still remember how bad it felt, trying to smoke w/ pneumonia. I dont recommend it, but it worked for me. Negative reinforcement and all that.

And to answer your other question, I think my new status as a Mod may help me contribute more than just the random silly remark, like i usually do, and really help in a concrete way. Help keep the forum open and fair for everyone. :D

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
Oh and yay mike!!!!!! :D

I wanted to do the Disney internship in Florida but I'll be going out to CA for school so I'm hopin' I can do the internship at Disneyland...even though Disneyworld is SSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.