• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tropic Thunder-Ben Stiller

Bob Jones

Prove It!
With fascist liberals going ape feces concerning their superstar liberal prototype Justin Trudeau, one does have to ponder: Was the motion picture Tropic Thunder a latent racist film? The brilliant actor Mr. Robert Downy Jr. is surely coloured like an black man. The movie is a funny spoof. But is it inherently racist?

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
For some reason Hollywood seems to be able to get away with it.

Case in point: Mel Gibson's half-hearted Smurf impression:

Braveheart-movie-1.jpg

Erebus

I still haven't forgiven the film industry for portraying Robin Hood as French in Shrek.

I swear they did that purely to annoy the English. It's just too perfect.

Shad

Veteran Member
I still haven't forgiven the film industry for portraying Robin Hood as French in Shrek.

I swear they did that purely to annoy the English. It's just too perfect.

Wild guess work here. French was the language of the nobility at the time not English. Richard, the king typically assigned to the story, barely spoke English. If Robin hood existed chances are he spoke French as his primary language not English of later eras. A lot of cultural myth were created, wide spread use of English being one for political purposes to create the image of a unified culture. It didn't really happen until the 18th century as there was Welsh, Gallic, etc languages and local dialects. For example Hume had to learn English and he was born in the 18th (1700s) century Scotland. French lost favour just before the Tudors as England lost it's territories in France (which were far richer than English holdings) thus a major reason to use the language. England (the land) was really a backwater even during Stuart rule. A lot of UK propaganda exists in it's own history

Last edited:

Erebus

Wild guess work here. French was the language of the nobility at the time not English. Richard, the king typically assigned to the story, barely spoke English. If Robinhood existed chances are he spoke French as his primary language not English of later eras.

Wrong.

We spoke the Queen's English from the very beginning. Any suggestion to the contrary is pure propaganda and a hanging offence.

I have it on good authority that there's archaeological evidence of English cave paintings depicting men in bowler hats sipping tea and saying, "Good Lord this chip butty is spicy!"

ecco

Veteran Member
With fascist liberals going ape feces concerning their superstar liberal prototype Justin Trudeau, one does have to ponder: Was the motion picture Tropic Thunder a latent racist film? The brilliant actor Mr. Robert Downy Jr. is surely coloured like an black man. The movie is a funny spoof. But is it inherently racist?
Isn't "fascist liberal" an oxymoron?

fascist
[ fash-ist ]
|
SEE MORE SYNONYMS FOR fascist ON THESAURUS.COM
noun
a person who believes in or sympathizes with fascism.
(often initial capital letter) a member of a fascist movement or party.

liberal
[ lib-er-uhl, lib-ruhl ]
||
SEE MORE SYNONYMS FOR liberal ON THESAURUS.COM
adjective
favorable to progress or reform, as in political or religious affairs.
(often initial capital letter) noting or pertaining to a political party advocating measures of progressive political reform.
of, pertaining to, based on, or advocating liberalism, especially the freedom of the individual and governmental guarantees of individual rights and liberties.
favorable to or in accord with concepts of maximum individual freedom possible, especially as guaranteed by law and secured by governmental protection of civil liberties.
noun
a person of liberal principles or views, especially in politics or religion.

Last edited:

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
Racism refers to a mindset that engenders repetitive and systemic behaviors. I don't think either the movie or what Justin Trudeau did qualify.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
liberal
[ lib-er-uhl, lib-ruhl ]
||
SEE MORE SYNONYMS FOR liberal ON THESAURUS.COM, especially the freedom of the individual and governmental guarantees of individual rights and liberties.
favorable to or in accord with concepts of maximum individual freedom possible, especially as guaranteed by law and secured by governmental protection of civil liberties

So liberals should be staunch supporters of the second amendment.

Shad

Veteran Member
what Justin Trudeau did qualify.

It wasn't racist in my view. It was just dumb which is pretty much his MO these days. Trudeau likes to wag his finger at people over non-issues (see; Peoplekind, Gender Quotas). So it is hilarious to see him do something far worse than some issues he points out and grandstands over. However if he was right-wing he would be crucified by people and the media. State of politics and media these days.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
I can only remember him running.
He was a good runner as I recall.

He always ran a race with the morning bus. The first morning he turned black a cop tackled him right in the middle of the run. He was able to identify himself but the cop said something along the line of "...if I see a black guy running in this neighborhood I just know he stole something...".

ecco

Veteran Member
Isn't "fascist liberal" an oxymoron?

So liberals should be staunch supporters of the second amendment.

How did you make that connection? Oh, wait, you saw an opportunity to make another "let's have more AR's and kill more people" post. How clever of you.

I would be a supporter of the 2nd Amendment:
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.​
...except that these days there aren't any well regulated Militias. Since there are no well regulated militias, the 2nd Amendment is nothing more than an anachronism.

ecco

Veteran Member
I was going to go to a party as Batman's nemesis, the joker...
photo-1527538079466-b6297ad15363

...but I didn't want to be offense, so this is how I looked...
398830fb01c9df588cd4e6b8666f2968.jpg

BSM1

What? Me worry?
How did you make that connection? Oh, wait, you saw an opportunity to make another "let's have more AR's and kill more people" post. How clever of you.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.​
...except that these days there aren't any well regulated Militias. Since there are no well regulated militias, the 2nd Amendment is nothing more than an anachronism.

Not counting National Guard troops?

ecco

Veteran Member

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed....except that these days there aren't any well regulated Militias. Since there are no well regulated militias, the 2nd Amendment is nothing more than an anachronism.
Not counting National Guard troops?

So, if I understand you correctly, you believe that the 2nd Amendment allows confiscation of weapons from all private citizens who are not in the National Guard (AKA Militia).

That works for me.

tytlyf

Not Religious
With fascist liberals going ape feces concerning their superstar liberal prototype Justin Trudeau
They're going crazy? Where?
Was the motion picture Tropic Thunder a latent racist film? The brilliant actor Mr. Robert Downy Jr. is surely coloured like an black man. The movie is a funny spoof. But is it inherently racist?
Justin Trudeau wasn't doing black face, he was doing brown face. Still wrong and the electorate will hold him accountable.

I'll note your obsession with black people and fake news.