• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trolling, anyone?

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
To each their own, the house is quite colorful. :rolleyes: I would ask the Westboro pastor Philips "is an act "good" because your God demands it, or does your God demand an act because it is "good"?"

/Adramelek\

Last edited:

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
You know, as much as I love to mock the WBC, one of the most moving things I've heard on the radio in the last little while was an interview with two sisters who defected after getting into a debate with a (the?) Jewlicious blogger. I guess he won!

Extraordinary Interview with Jewlicious Founder David Abitbol and Former Westboro Church Members | Jewlicious THE Jewish Blog

Thanks for the link.
I'm going to disagree with you, though. The girls definitely 'won' in a lot of ways. I thought Abitbol made some good points about humanizing the people being demonized. Hate agendas are reliant on ignorance.

Rakhel

Just to add to the happy news
Westboro Baptist Church bears witness to gay wedding ceremony directly across the street in Topeka, Kan.
Kimberly Kidwell and Katie Short exchanged vows in a ceremony outside the rainbow-painted Equality House about 50 feet from the front doors of the church known for its vile rants against all things homosexual.

wedding24n-4-web.jpg

Read more: Westboro Baptist Church bears witness to gay wedding ceremony directly across the street in Topeka, Kan. - NY Daily News

Kerr

If it wasn't for the roof that would be a pretty house. And how I hope it makes that congregations skin crawl to see it.
It doesnt. They are happy for it, since they believe it illustrates their message. At least one of them does (the one in the article).

Kerr

I think Planting Peace is awesome for doing this. But I also think the church is too delusional to... appriciate it.

EDIT:

Seriously, they think the sentence "God hates ****" has a profound meaning. There is no reasoning with madness like that :no:.

Last edited: