• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trollie McTrollerson

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
You ever troll in games? Especially free online ones? I think its a great past time. [GOON]Squad forever.

Glitch exploitation, bunny-hopper extraordinaire, team killer aficionado. No cheats just pure game exploitation, map hacking, no clip glitching.

Granted I am not always a goon for the lulz, but if a particular teammate is being rather annoying or there is a child screaming obscenities into his mic I have no qualms betraying him repeatedly or utilizing all the the game's "broken mechanics" until they rage quit.

Anyone else a goon in the online arena?

I also make troll accounts from time to time, in 2nd life I harassed the admins till I was permanently IP banned from all their servers. My story was the same every time.

I was born poor in your land and demanded charity and wouldn't let them leave their virtual offices demanding payment to grant them the ability to leave their office.

My current record for perma IP ban is 3 days. Any trolls out their that share this underhanded pleasure in gaming.

I am a nice dude in real life, but I thoroughly enjoy being an evil SoB in video games.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Waaaay back in Everquest (circa around 2000-2002) there was a zone called "Oasis of Ro", a desert area with a small lake surrounded by palm trees, etc. In the middle of this lake was a little island which was basically a hill with a tower where Spectres spawned. I was in a group with some other players and we were camping these spectures and killing them repeatedly for experience points and misc. loot, coin, etc.
Basically, being the warrior I was the one tasked with "pulling" them, one at a time, away from the tower and toward the shore where the rest of the group waited, killed, regained health and magic if necessary, repeat. Anyway, this druid kept approaching and resting by our group to regain his health/magic.
Everquest was a game that required you to team up with other players to take on encounters; unless, of course, you were a druid. They had a spell that increased their speed as well as a spell that "rooted" monsters, etc. into place, allowing them to freely cast while being chased around and to kill from a distance without being touched. This tactic was called "kiting". And since druids, unlike other classes, could "solo" without the aid of other players, they were obviously popular and running around everywhere. Annoying in and of itself, but the problem with this "kiting" tactic was that monsters, etc. would turn their attention to another player if they got caught between it and the druid it was pursuing, usually resulting in their death (and lost exp as a penalty). In short, people hated druids.
So anyway, this druid would run around and "kite" sand giants, and then come to the "protection" of our group to heal himself and restore his magic, etc. To restore your magic, you had to "meditate", which meant that your view was completely obstructed by your spell book. So after I while I started "pulling" the spectres over to him and they would precede to kill him. Not realizing this was an intentional occurrence, he showed up to recover his corpse and resume his routine. I kept leading spectures to him, and he died about three times before he got the picture and left, all the while my group were laughing their asses off.

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
Waaaay back in Everquest (circa around 2000-2002) there was a zone called "Oasis of Ro", a desert area with a small lake surrounded by palm trees, etc. In the middle of this lake was a little island which was basically a hill with a tower where Spectres spawned. I was in a group with some other players and we were camping these spectures and killing them repeatedly for experience points and misc. loot, coin, etc.
Basically, being the warrior I was the one tasked with "pulling" them, one at a time, away from the tower and toward the shore where the rest of the group waited, killed, regained health and magic if necessary, repeat. Anyway, this druid kept approaching and resting by our group to regain his health/magic.
Everquest was a game that required you to team up with other players to take on encounters; unless, of course, you were a druid. They had a spell that increased their speed as well as a spell that "rooted" monsters, etc. into place, allowing them to freely cast while being chased around and to kill from a distance without being touched. This tactic was called "kiting". And since druids, unlike other classes, could "solo" without the aid of other players, they were obviously popular and running around everywhere. Annoying in and of itself, but the problem with this "kiting" tactic was that monsters, etc. would turn their attention to another player if they got caught between it and the druid it was pursuing, usually resulting in their death (and lost exp as a penalty). In short, people hated druids.
So anyway, this druid would run around and "kite" sand giants, and then come to the "protection" of our group to heal himself and restore his magic, etc. To restore your magic, you had to "meditate", which meant that your view was completely obstructed by your spell book. So after I while I started "pulling" the spectres over to him and they would precede to kill him. Not realizing this was an intentional occurrence, he showed up to recover his corpse and resume his routine. I kept leading spectures to him, and he died about three times before he got the picture and left, all the while my group were laughing their asses off.

Excellent!

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Excellent!
Trying to recall some other trolly tales (most of my stories will be from ancient times.)

In Team Fortress Classic I would sometimes go to the battlements of my team's base as a sniper. This was a popular spot for snipers, so there were others from my team. I would crouch behind them, aim upward, and hit them with a fully charged shot. You couldn't damage teammates, but the impact of a fully charged shot would launch them out of the battlements across the map, usually to their deaths.
Also in TFC, you couldn't pass through teammates, and the only way out of spawn rooms was usually through a single narrow passage, depending on the map. So by simply standing in the door you would eventually trap your whole team in it.
Medics in that game could infect opponents, and the infection could spread via touch. Your teammates had no way to prevent or retaliate against this (aside from being cured by a friendly medic) if you decided to run around and rub up on as many of them as you could before you succumbed. They would be especially pissed if you ran to the spawn room. While medi-kits there would replenish your depleting health, they wouldn't cure you. And if course respawning players would immediately get infected in the process.

Last edited:

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
Trying to recall some other trolly tales (most of my stories will be from ancient times.)

In Team Fortress Classic I would sometimes go to the battlements of my team's base as a sniper. This was a popular spot for snipers, so there were others from my team. I would crouch behind them, aim upward, and hit them with a fully charged shot. You couldn't damage teammates, but the impact of a fully charged shot would launch them out of the battlements across the map, usually to their deaths.
Also in TFC, you couldn't pass through teammates, and the only way out of spawn rooms was usually through a single narrow passage, depending on the map. So by simply standing in the door you would eventually trap your whole team in it.
Medics in that game could infect opponents, and the infection could spread via touch. Your teammates had no way to prevent or retaliate against this (aside from being cured by a friendly medic) if you decided to run around and rub up on as many of them as you could before you succumbed. They would be especially pissed if you ran to the spawn room. While medi-kits there would replenish your depleting health, they wouldn't cure you. And if course respawning players would immediately get infected in the process.

You used to in the early days of TFC, in order to circumnavigate the update you could be an engineer, drop a dispenser in spawn exit, fill it up, toss an emp mine, and switch teams before it detonated, thus killing your entire time with a single grenade.

Or as soldier on 2fort for nail grenade glitch 2.75. beeps, and have the grenade arc close the the ceiling and at the corner of the right entrance, this was at the door of their spawn. but since the grenade was inside the ceiling and due to some programming error or intentional, grenade radius was quadrupled and the damage was insta gib, there are 3 places in 2 fort where you can spawn kill the enemy team. I did that all the time. And I sorta mastered conc nade jumping, with scout and medic, and rocket jumping with soldier but that is standard. And demo pipebomb team launching on the pipe map.

Soldier super jumping was also very useful, run backwards and have a nade cooking and throw it at your feet and shoot a rocket and have them both detonate on the same spot and jump and you would be thrown to the other side of the map, even pipeline this worked.

Last edited:

Woberts

The Perfumed Seneschal
I am a massive troll. Lately, I've been trolling people in Rainbow Six Siege. Teamkilling, and the like. Or Fuzing the hostage. I'll give you a little backstory if you don't know what that means.
There's a gamemode, fittingly called "Hostage", where one team is trying to, well, rescue a hostage. Anyway, the hostage is not impervious to damage. If you kill the hostage, then your team automatically loses that particular game. And one of my favorite characters to play as, Fuze, has a gadget that he pretty much just sticks on a wall, and it shoots micro grenades out on the other side.
I like to set up all 3 of them at different locations all leading into the hostage room and then detonate them, killing the hostage and usually about 2 members of the enemy team. Finally, I'll turn on my mic and just say "Sorry. My fingers slipped." It gets them every time.

Anyway, the Siege community loves to mean everything. As such, here is a wonderful image for you. The only way it could be better is if he got 11 kills: His entire team(including himself), the other entire team, and the hostage.
images

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
in Starcraft one I used to park dark templars in exits and have them hold position but not attack. Enemy players would think the game was glitched and they would quit. give me a free win.

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
On Starcraft 2 I wouldn't call it trolling really, but on 2v2 my friend and I would run the same strat every time. I marine rush and give all my vespene to my team mate and we'd warp in Dark templars to enemy command center, with about 10 dark templars and just insta kill the cc. worked 100% of the time.

Or photon cannon rushing the enemy by building turrets inside their base.

Woberts

The Perfumed Seneschal
On Starcraft 2 I wouldn't call it trolling really, but on 2v2 my friend and I would run the same strat every time. I marine rush and give all my vespene to my team mate and we'd warp in Dark templars to enemy command center, with about 10 dark templars and just insta kill the cc. worked 100% of the time.

Or photon cannon rushing the enemy by building turrets inside their base.
If you're not rushing you're objectively playing the game wrong.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
It always made me feel really good playing DoW2 when I'd pwn someone so hard they'd accuse me of cheating and rage quit.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Never got into games all that much. But when I went to university, long before the internet, there was a space battle game on the university computer that one could play against others that were using the computer at the same time using a feature called "time sharing" . This was played on a CRT monitor running at 300 baud. Or thirty characters per second. After each turn you were told your position, the position of your enemy, the velocities and not too much else. Almost forgot you would know damages done to you and your foe as well.

At that time programming had to be done from scratch. The cpu had only basic arithmetic (probably adding and subtracting only), the ability to follow a set of programmed instructions, and memories for variables. As a result if you did something unexpected you could mess up someone's program quite often. I found that in set up if your weapon strength was set a zero it would instead make your weapons extremely strong. And a negative acceleration would cause you to 'warp' from one end of space to the other. A player would be on the far side of the universe and I could warp to the other side of them and blow them up with one shot. A battle that would usually take the better part of an hour as reduced to a couple of minutes.

The power would inevitably come back with a new ship and ask what the he'll happened. Of course that took all of the fun of the game away, well almost all of it.

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
It always made me feel really good playing DoW2 when I'd pwn someone so hard they'd accuse me of cheating and rage quit.

Skilled vs Unskilled = rage quitting, that is when you are trolling without trolling.

Status = enlightened zen buudha troll.

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
Anyone used to play JK2O(Jedi Knight 2 Outcast)? Ermergerd I was a devious explosives expert with thermal detonators, detonation packs, and le creme de la creme, laser trip mines.

You seen starwars, you seen those staircases, lit up like a christmas tree, but a couple on the steps on the wall, trip beam is nearly invisible. set em on the wall close the the ground in inconspicuous places like next to drop offs, while the blast won't kill them they will most surely fall to their deaths. setting them inside doorsso the moment you open said door 3 go off, insta death. booby trapping weapons, secondary function they operate either as a contact detonation grenade or with a 3 second timer, so you can set up a situation and time it right you can decimate someone chasing you, ceilings in corridors alt function they chase you, they die. Those buggers are even harder to see with the trip beam turned off. But you gotta time it right.

Set up rooms with det packs during lightsaber duels and and blow the whole room up killing everyone inside. the works. I was surgical with explosives. I miss that game, there was no game after that that had such colorful explosives. Well a TFC mod added new grenades to each class.

Best rage quitting comes from you exploiting the environment with explosives and scores of people dying by either being blown to bits or getting launched off the map.

I suppose at it's heart that style of gameplay isn't exactly trolling, But felt great all the same making people afraid to move around the map if they were playing against me.

Halflife 2 Grav gun, especially against noobs, rolla nade on the floor, pick it up with the gravity gun and launch it at someone, gravity propelled grenade launcher. Nothing feels better than ripping a toilet out of the ground and braining someone with it with that gun.

And Gary's Mod Sandbox mod. I'm not even going to get into the shenanigans on there.

Last edited: